[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Trying to convince shozilla he's wrong is like trying to soak up an ocean with a tampon: frustrating, pointless, and impossible

Would you see Camera roll in the library if you don't have a device with a camera?  Anyone on a desktop with a camera connected who still sees it?

Showed up on my desktop with no camera

Would you see Camera roll in the library if you don't have a device with a camera?  Anyone on a desktop with a camera connected who still sees it?

build 10130, with camera,..yes, camera roll folder and saved photos folder in "pictures"...is this what you meant....? Cheers :)

No, as far as I know nothing on PC requires a gold subscription.

Weird, wonder why it won't let me record then. Aside from the 'Can't record now, try again later.' message it doesn't give anything else of use. No error code, stack trace, etc. :/

You don't get it.... Camera Roll is linked to Library....   Like I said MS moved stuff around... 

New means new features...    Camera Roll is not new, Library is not new....   that's simple.

If you get 'Vault' in the library, then that's new.  Understand what I meant?

It really seems you don't get it.

We are all aware that Libraries are not new

We are all aware that the Camera Roll folder is not new

But Camera Roll showing up as a Library is new to this build of Windows 10

It's that simple

I'm seeing it in a virtual machine with no camera connected to it.

I have to agree, such a weird decision. Hope they'll go back, or just find something else better than this.

It really seems you don't get it.

We are all aware that Libraries are not new

We are all aware that the Camera Roll folder is not new

But Camera Roll showing up as a Library is new to this build of Windows 10

It's that simple

It's not really new... MS "MOVED" stuff around... 

If they added Camera Roll in this build that we have not had Camera Roll before this build.... then it's new...

quick question: will the window controls be centred at any point? metro apps and normal win32 apps have different centred elements..

Am I the only one with Edge crashing immediately when trying to resize form the tiny default window? I was thinking about a clean install...

quick question: will the window controls be centred at any point? metro apps and normal win32 apps have different centred elements..

This bugs me too. Why can't they just make the UI unified?

WinRT and Win32 apps are just different. Just send feedback on it and maybe it'll improve.

I see it too - on my desktop, which lacks even a webcam.

(Webcams CAN do movies - the capability dates back to - at least - the FIRST Logitech USB webcams, which supported USB 1.0. This capability persists today - despite MOST webcams still being used primarily for video teleconferencing - the predecessor to Skype AND IM.  Yes - there WAS a predecessor to Skype - in fact, Yahoo Messenger ITSELF is older than Skype - and supports video besides - heck, the VIDEO support is ALSO older than Skype.  That is also why I haven't tossed Yahoo Messenger just yet - despite how much I like - and use - Skype on desktop and notebooks alike (though only the notebooks have webcams) - I've used YM longer than Skype, and not everyone uses Skype.)

Why Skype compared to IM clients (which had the feature first)?  Three words - ease of use.  The only non-Skype client that can match Skype in the ease-of-use department is FaceTime.

Trying to convince shozilla he's wrong is like trying to soak up an ocean with a tampon: frustrating, pointless, and impossible

Showed up on my desktop with no camera

NO!  You were NOT thinking right!

See my post below.

build 10130, with camera,..yes, camera roll folder and saved photos folder in "pictures"...is this what you meant....? Cheers :)

No matter you have a desktop camera or not...  Camera roll is part of OneDrive...    You have OneDrive installed... 

You have OneDrive on mobile if you use phone camera to snap some pictures and then upload photos into camera roll folder.. Once done uploading, you can get on the desktop to see that folder.. you have photos there, ready.

Do not forget about the phones, tablets, desktop become ONE!  That's the reason we have OneDrive.

If you don't have a camera on desktop, that's no big deal.. you can ignore it. But you have phone/tablet for that, then your photos can be stored in the folder called Camera Roll.  If you don't want to do that, that's fine... Microsoft does not care if you don't use it.

WinRT and Win32 apps are just different. Just send feedback on it and maybe it'll improve.

its simple matter of design detail. surely it can't be that hard?

Hmm... For some reason, can't get the PIN to work on 10130. Which is really odd, it works fine on my old Dell laptop. But since installing Win10 on my ThinkPad, not working. I even changed the PIN to attempt to "refresh" it, and no go.

shozilla: Are you being daft on purpose?

Up until Windows 10 build 10130 there were only 4 default libraries within the Libraries folder - Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos. Which anfolder they actually point to is irrelevant. 

Windows 10 build 10130 adds a fifth default Library within the Libraries folder - Camera Roll. Again, it's irrelevant where it actually points to; the point people are trying to make is that this is a new default library.

Do you understand now, or do I have to explain it like you're 5?

~

No matter you have a desktop camera or not...  Camera roll is part of OneDrive...    You have OneDrive installed... 

You have OneDrive on mobile if you use phone camera to snap some pictures and then upload photos into camera roll folder.. Once done uploading, you can get on the desktop to see that folder.. you have photos there, ready.

Do not forget about the phones, tablets, desktop become ONE!  That's the reason we have OneDrive.

If you don't have a camera on desktop, that's no big deal.. you can ignore it. But you have phone/tablet for that, then your photos can be stored in the folder called Camera Roll.  If you don't want to do that, that's fine... Microsoft does not care if you don't use it.

This could not be less relevant. 

Can't believe we're arguing about the Camera Roll.  Yes, it's been moved to the Libraries area, with Pictures, Documents etc  That's what's new, The CameraRoll itself is not, it's just been moved to the Library rather than in a subfolder.

Guys, guys, we're getting off track. That recycle bin icon clearly can't be what they are going with!

No, it's not new..  Library was in 8.1 and older version windows....

Like I said MS moved stuff around...  (such as remove, add, move, etc)

Since when was there a camera roll library? screenshots in 8.1?

They still aren't in this build, but I hope that they will be eventually.

Guys, 10135 has leaked http://winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10135-has-leaked-web but please do  not install because the ISO has been modified.

• Like 1

NO!  You were NOT thinking right!

See my post below.

Do yourself a favor and install a clean Windows 8.1 system, then link your MS account and sync OneDrive to it.

Now take a screenshot of the default Libraries and then compare it to Windows 10's default libraries.

This is how they will look

Windows 8.1

Documents

Pictures

Music

Videos

Podcasts (if you installed Zune)

Windows 10

Documents

Pictures

Music

Videos

Camera Roll

Then come back here and continue discussing Windows 10.

Do yourself a favor and install a clean Windows 8.1 system, then link your MS account and sync OneDrive to it.

Now take a screenshot of the default Libraries and then compare it to Windows 10's default libraries.

This is how they will look

Windows 8.1

Documents

Pictures

Music

Videos

Windows 10

Documents

Pictures

Music

Videos

Camera Roll

Then come back here and continue discussing Windows 10.

No. You missed my post. Go back and read it.