[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

No. You missed my post. Go back and read it.

It realy doesn't matter wheter or not he missed that post, the Camera roll library is new in Windows 10, it isn't there in Windows 8 and 8.1. I've got a 8.1 installation here, OneDrive synced with pictures from my Phone, no Camera roll library.

Hello,

Got the time to re-test windows 10 build 10310. Bad experience again :(.

Clean install, audio worked, i did the install without allowing it to connect to the internet.i also installed latest video driver from intel.

As soon as i enabled wifi and the machine could connect to the web, it started downgraded my video drivers and also installed some audio drivers that broke my audio on the machine (via audio).

This sucks.

the untouched ISO has also leaked

10135.0.150531-1700.winmain_prs_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.iso, 3.87GB

Thank you for the news.

I've been waiting for this.

Hello,

Got the time to re-test windows 10 build 10310. Bad experience again :(.

Clean install, audio worked, i did the install without allowing it to connect to the internet.i also installed latest video driver from intel.

As soon as i enabled wifi and the machine could connect to the web, it started downgraded my video drivers and also installed some audio drivers that broke my audio on the machine (via audio).

This sucks.

Which Intel drivers did it install initially and what did you end up with?

Loads of people had a similar experience on this build including me.

Which Intel drivers did it install initially and what did you end up with?

Loads of people had a similar experience on this build including me.

And me. I'm guessing it downgraded to version 3347, if you have an HD Graphics 2000/3000. I had version 4101. MS really needs to give us the option to ignore individual updates, at least driver ones.

No. You missed my post. Go back and read it.

No, I didn't. Do you know what Libraries are in terms of Windows features? Camera Roll d

And me. I'm guessing it downgraded to version 3347, if you have an HD Graphics 2000/3000. I had version 4101. MS really needs to give us the option to ignore individual updates, at least driver ones.

There is a known issue with Audio in Windows 10 Build 10130.

The fix for me and many other was to disable 5.1 and use 2.1 @ 48k. Just found this link.

Mike.

I think I am going to join the "this is not looking good" crowd pretty soon(by end of June?) unless Microsoft has something secret cooking up inside Redmond. I guess such an expectation is foolish given past experiences with Vista/7/8 but I really really really hope they have a "Big Bang Build" planned where the UX finally comes together for everything. :/

Anyone else for "Big Bang Build" ?

3-4 pages of arguing over Libraries. I have a headache. :s

as against arguing how "All Apps" is ruined in Windows 10 whenever a new build comes out? :p

Fresh install off the ISO helped with my app issues, but I've lost 4x tile columns in Start. :(  I guess its a worthwhile tradeoff to have it more stable, though my pins keep moving around on me at random. (I'm looking at you Music)

Anyone else for "Big Bang Build" ?

I love it, a little stability fixing and its ready to go for most.  They can wait to add the polish/touch Big Bang updates in the fall/winter SP.  I gotta say, the way they pushed the upgrade notification is pure, if diabolical, marketing genius.   

This thread is hardcore. We take our features/icons/UI serious lol

I suspect people have literally been killed for less here. We don't talk about the deaths in polite company.

This thread is hardcore. We take our features/icons/UI serious lol

Well I would hope that at least some aspects of the UI are taken seriously. After all, some people do want to use (or have to use) the operating system.

I really hope they fix their relationship with FB.

I kinda enjoy having pictures of people in the People app, centralize all their info in one app,....

Would all this be solved if FB actually makes a Windows 10 App that MS can link in again like they do on WP8.1

Or am I missing something

I really hope they fix their relationship with FB.

I kinda enjoy having pictures of people in the People app, centralize all their info in one app,....

Would all this be solved if FB actually makes a Windows 10 App that MS can link in again like they do on WP8.1

Or am I missing something

fix ?

are you referring to the FB connect dropping from outlook and such ? there's no relationship to fix, it's just MS needs to switch from old deprecated API's to the new API's. 

lol @ ppl talking about the Camera Roll library. They're not right in their mind if they cannot understand it. xD

*grabs popconr*

Nooooo. No more camera roll debates!

question: can we get someone to create custom made 3d icons of the likes of Vista or 7? the icons are horrid. :x  barf o' rama

A week or so in, HostedNetwork is working perfectly in 10130. Either I am lucky, or they really fixed the stupid issues that were present with it in 8.x.