[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I've had trouble setting/using/changing a PIN in every single release of Win 10 so far

Did you confirm your identity? I got it to work after I did this.

:( Was hoping for a new Fast build.

Patience, young Jedi.

Did you confirm your identity? I got it to work after I did this.

How do you confirm your identity?

If I go to the Sign in options page I just get the little rotating circle but the page doesn't load in 10130

Before that vrsion the page would load but I could never get it to work properly

How do you confirm your identity?

If I go to the Sign in options page I just get the little rotating circle but the page doesn't load in 10130

Before that vrsion the page would load but I could never get it to work properly

Yeah, I got the same thing initially. This is what I did:

- switch to a local account (create one if necessary, then switch to it).

- restart, log in, revert to your Microsoft account.

- restart

- go to the Settings/Your Accounts page.

- you should then see the spinning circle for a few seconds, an then the "You need to verify your identity" message.

- follow the on-screen instructions.

Yes, I know. It's a mess right now.

Hopefully it will be more streamlined by RTM.

EDIT: if you have a slow Internet connection, you will see the spinning circle for a while.

Yeah, I got the same thing initially. This is what I did:

- switch to a local account (create one if necessary, then switch to it).

- restart, log in, revert to your Microsoft account.

- restart

- go to the Settings/Your Accounts page.

- you should then see the spinning circle for a few seconds, an then the "You need to verify your identity" message.

- follow the on-screen instructions.

Yes, I know. It's a mess right now.

Hopefully it will be more streamlined by RTM.

EDIT: if you have a slow Internet connection, you will see the spinning circle for a while.

Do you know if there is any way to mask the name of your "MS/Windows" account on the Login page?

Do you know if there is any way to mask the name of your "MS/Windows" account on the Login page?

I don't. Sorry.

I'd be interested to know how, though.

I don't. Sorry.

I'd be interested to know how, though.

:)

Seems like a feature that might come in useful for some people. Probably with "SP1" or whatever the equivalent will be called.

:)

Seems like a feature that might come in useful for some people. Probably with "SP1" or whatever the equivalent will be called.

Well, I guess if Microsoft implements this feature, it would probably be for business/enterprise.

I mean, I, personally would not need it for home use, but for cubicle farms, it would be useful.

It would be a nice option to have though.

Well, I guess if Microsoft implements this feature, it would probably be for business/enterprise.

I mean, I, personally would not need it for home use, but for cubicle farms, it would be useful.

It would be a nice option to have though.

Yeah I was even thinking the same about academic environments where people use their own laptops / tablets etc in more or less open fashion.

Had a quick glance at the suggestion / voting topics for win 10 but couldn't quite find anything like it. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

Am hopeful that this is somewhere on someones "To Do" list ; ).

Yeah I was even thinking the same about academic environments where people use their own laptops / tablets etc in more or less open fashion.

Had a quick glance at the suggestion / voting topics for win 10 but couldn't quite find anything like it. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

Am hopeful that this is somewhere on someones "To Do" list ; ).

Well, seeing as how Windows 10 will have deep biometric integration in the near future, it sort of mitigates the need for the traditional username/password concept.

Of course, this may not be widely implemented for quite a while yet, but it seems to be the direction things are headed for.

The issue is driver makers publishing older drivers. WU just gets what they tell them is more recent. So no, it hasn't been fixed.

BTW: Mail and Calendar have been updated. A new Intel driver has been pushed out for Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000, version 4229.

I'm thinking a lot of the crashing in apps, Edge mostly, is from funky graphics drivers since it uses the hardware for pretty much everything it renders.  The hardware makers need to step up their game and clean up their drivers, this is the thing that gave Vista issues to start.

Now seriously!!! :-(

WTF.png

After dosage of Office 2013 gigantic updates, now we have to bear this in Windows 10 as well.. One Note update of ~300 MB and ~590 MB of Mail and Calendar... Damn! With 460 average KBps, this gonna suck...

Looks like OneNote got a massive update, yet Microsoft continues to ignore feedback on it, providing yet another example of how Windows Insiders is nothing more than sham.

post-420821-0-29958600-1434213325.png

post-420821-0-74487500-1434213346.png

But, don't worry guys, Windows 10 has transparency, so everything magically works now. :crazy:

• Like 2

Now seriously!!! :-(

WTF.png

After dosage of Office 2013 gigantic updates, now we have to bear this in Windows 10 as well.. One Note update of ~300 MB and ~590 MB of Mail and Calendar... Damn! With 460 average KBps, this gonna suck...

It's under development, there are going to be a lot of downloads/updates, if that's something your internet usage won't allow you may want to roll back to a previous version.

It's under development, there are going to be a lot of downloads/updates, if that's something your internet usage won't allow you may want to roll back to a previous version.

Oh Come on... I don't have issues with Beta and other stuff but still they need to look after this.

Remember iOS has to reinvent same wheel that apps + OS taking too much space...

Its like wasting efforts of Microsoft to reduce Installation size to fit Tablets etc...

Oh Come on... I don't have issues with Beta and other stuff but still they need to look after this.

Remember iOS has to reinvent same wheel that apps + OS taking too much space...

Its like wasting efforts of Microsoft to reduce Installation size to fit Tablets etc...

Those updates changed a lot in the various universal apps. It's the price you pay for using a beta, sorry.

What's clear is that Microsoft are starting to add more fit and finish to Windows 10 in general. Finally the hamburger menus look consistent across applications