[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Those updates changed a lot in the various universal apps. It's the price you pay for using a beta, sorry.

Seriously like I said... I DONT HAVE PROBLEM WITH BETA, at least you know me since I test browser and update them quite a lot.

Is Microsoft Office 2013 still Beta? Is One Note Universal apps needs to coexist with Desktop app?

Its that they need to improve their update mechanism... Universal apps are quite bulky, it can cause them issue later on.. So I'm more like complaining that did they planning ahead.

Just simple that...

Looks like OneNote got a massive update, yet Microsoft continues to ignore feedback on it, providing yet another example of how Windows Insiders is nothing more than sham.

attachicon.gifScreenshot (109).png

attachicon.gifScreenshot (110).png

But, don't worry guys, Windows 10 has transparency, so everything magically works now. :crazy:

The OneNote icon lacks a background!

How do you even check for app updates? Never had a single app update on 10130.

Install any app and they should pop up, Check for updates doesn't work for me :/

Seriously like I said... I DONT HAVE PROBLEM WITH BETA, at least you know me since I test browser and update them quite a lot.

Is Microsoft Office 2013 still Beta? Is One Note Universal apps needs to coexist with Desktop app?

Its that they need to improve their update mechanism... Universal apps are quite bulky, it can cause them issue later on.. So I'm more like complaining that did they planning ahead.

Just simple that...

Store (Beta) is very buggy in terms of the update / download mechanism. It needs manual intervention to even manage to download things.

I was wondering if App patches are Delta patches or if they redownload the whole app somehow. Are Delta patches even possible with Universal Apps? 

Store (Beta) is very buggy in terms of the update / download mechanism. It needs manual intervention to even manage to download things.

I was wondering if App patches are Delta patches or if they redownload the whole app somehow. Are Delta patches even possible with Universal Apps? 

It could be possible what you said that it could be bugs.

Try "wsreset.exe" from the search box if the Store won't show app updates. Give it a minute to check. That's what I've been using anytime they won't appear on 10130.

Another I've tried in an older build that worked was resetting your region even if it's the right one. For some reason on an older build that would make the app updates appear.

It appears they have started to update all the apps to match each other in interface design. Good thing, it brings a lot more consistency arround. Also, glad they are finaly giving OneNote a colored titlebar, the other Office apps will follow soon I hope.

I don't see any changes in any other app other than OneNote, Calendar and Mail. Is there anything else?

It's looking like the reason apps have had a locked grey title bar is because, like the onenote app, MS plans to extend the apps color all the way to the top, like the new office apps do as well.  I'm fine with that, if you don't do that then the title bar should use your chosen accent color though.

It's looking like the reason apps have had a locked grey title bar is because, like the onenote app, MS plans to extend the apps color all the way to the top, like the new office apps do as well.  I'm fine with that, if you don't do that then the title bar should use your chosen accent color though.

Wonder if this will be the case for Win32 programs as well. That would be nice.

Wonder if this will be the case for Win32 programs as well. That would be nice.

I don't think so.

Also intresting, the OneNote app no longer has a background color in the taskbar and the icon is larger.

The Canary ring has once again shifted build from 10144 to 10146, and no changes in the OSG Ring. I wonder what issues they are running up to that they don't release any build to Insiders or at least to their OSG and External Ring, which both are on 10134.

They should have released 10134 to the Fast ring, really. Gabe said it was better than 10130, I don't know if they just thought it was too soon, but I don't think anyone would have been bothered by it.

They should have released 10134 to the Fast ring, really. Gabe said it was better than 10130, I don't know if they just thought it was too soon, but I don't think anyone would have been bothered by it.

Personally, I'm not sure what good releasing builds at this point is going to do. Microsoft's all but done with feedback at this point.

Personally, I'm not sure what good releasing builds at this point is going to do. Microsoft's all but done with feedback at this point.

So you can adapt and embrace change before it is released?

• Like 1

So you can adapt and embrace change before it is released?

He's right though, they have to work on actually finishing the OS at this point not fiddling with the flashy bits.

He's right though, they have to work on actually finishing the OS at this point not fiddling with the flashy bits.

Isn't that part of the Windows feedback and one of the reasons we have these previews?  When I do x ... y stops working/happens/etc.

Didn't realize it was just for requesting new/remove features...etc.

Exactly. Feedback isn't just request features, it's reporting bugs, more so in this final stage. More builds would be good to make sure there aren't any bugs when the release build comes.

If some of you actually don't understand why or think MS should just stop releasing builds, stop posting in here and stop using the preview. You just made it clear you have no freaking clue what you're doing or talking about or you're just trolling at this point.

They have made it pretty freaking clear why they are still releasing builds up to and after RTM. I shouldn't have to explain why because anyone who has been following its development from day one would know. If you honestly don't understand then I feel a small bit of sadness for you.

Anyone who knows why they are still releasing builds, but finds it pointless, is trolling or annoyed because suggestions they made were ignored. Plain and simple. You can't stand that others (many, MANY others) don't like the same as you and it annoys the hell out of you lol. Shows that you also think that you're above others and what you want maters more. Doesn't work that way. Sorry.