[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

The Movies & TV app also is getting a new icon with the latest update. Also, the Movies & TV app now no longer has a background on the taskbar, similar to OneNote.

And there is a security update rolling out.

What annoys me the most about Win10 right now is, as a left handed person, when the start screen is in full screen mode you can't scroll the screen with your left hand. That part of the screen is not usable when then hamburger menu is collapsed.

For lefties it would be nice if that area could be used for scrolling the start screen vertically.

I'm being unable to uninstall Music. I tried wsreset.exe and everything, it still won't work. I updated Video and Camera just fine, but Music won't work.

For those of you having issues to get apps updated on the Beta Store, try the following:

1. Run Windows Powershell with admin privileges

2. Type in this string and hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

NOTE: Some warnings in red text will appear. Just ignore them.

3. If the problem persist, try with the following commands:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '.\AppxManifest.xml'

Press ENTER and then:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '.\AppxManifest.xml'

I hope this helps those of you experiencing this issue.

Cheers!

PS: By the way, build 10150 has reached the Canary Ring:

9refh3j.jpg

I have installed the windows 10 technical preview in my Lumia 532 but the settings is not updated and also the phone update option is not working properly. Please guide to solve these issues. Else it is awesome.

For anyone that actually bothers to keep up with the news of Windows 10, and not just pretend to, then you would know that Gabe Aul mentioned himself there would be more builds released leading up to RTM and also afterwards since the insider program will continue.

Been known about for a little while now. So there's no reason for the attitude you had with your post.

Gabe Aul's pretty open on his Twitter account regarding when builds are being looked at as a possible insider releases. It's where most people are getting their release info from when a build gets released or is about to be released.

This time...I agree with you.

Jeez, you are being a little needlessly hostile aren't you? Go take your nerd attitude somewhere else.

So,you're going to call us all ''nerds'' if we'll try to help you?

Post some screenshots of these new icons guys.

The new video icon is just the old one without the play-icon in it.

The new video icon is just the old one without the play-icon in it.

So it's just a empty square?  I suppose you could think of it as a blank screen in this case.

He means the newer old icon, not the old old icon. It looks like this now.

2h6db1u.png?

It used to have a play icon.

Wonder if there will be some significance of this build number..  We got 10130 already, but already 20 days have passed.  Should be fixing bugs at this point so maybe this one will be a keeper and be released somehow.  Just FYI.

post-550692-0-54863100-1434627759.jpg

This is perhaps better in the Windows 10 Technical Preview topic. However, it isn't much news. Being in the fbl_impressive branch does not mean that it will get released. For now, 10148 is the best chance we have (and 10150 comes as second best). 10148 was released to the OSG Ring today, they have had quiet some builds over the past days (43/44/46/47/48 have all reached them), but non ever maid it to the External Ring... To bad.

2h6db1u.png?

Honestly, the clapper board icon makes more sense for videos... never got why we use a generic icon like a play symbol for it...

I have installed the windows 10 technical preview in my Lumia 532 but the settings is not updated and also the phone update option is not working properly. Please guide to solve these issues. Else it is awesome.

This is the thread for the PC version, I think there is another thread for the Windows Phone build.

2h6db1u.png?

So it looks like all modern apps will lose it's tile from the taskbar and will have only the white icon there.

Build 10147 (fbl_impressive) is being leaked right now, not sure wheter or not it is a safe version.

And just as fast it's gone. Taken down at the source, and there doesn't appear to be an alternate version anywhere.

I am so very disappointed in the Internet today.

Quick question guys, hopefully someone will know.

I'm buying an M.2 SSD tomorrow, this one to be exact. I've watched a couple of guides on installing Windows using this drive, including this one, in the video the guy explains that you should choose UEFI mode when installing Windows 8 but obviously I want to install Windows 10, so, finally to the question, does anyone know if these Windows 10 ISOs that have been released (the official builds of course) are UEFI compatible?

Quick question guys, hopefully someone will know.

I'm buying an M.2 SSD tomorrow, this one to be exact. I've watched a couple of guides on installing Windows using this drive, including this one, in the video the guy explains that you should choose UEFI mode when installing Windows 8 but obviously I want to install Windows 10, so, finally to the question, does anyone know if these Windows 10 ISOs that have been released (the official builds of course) are UEFI compatible?

The other guys would know better, but I have used BIOS compatability mode and had no issues....Cheers