[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

The polish to the UI is coming along nicely IMO, now it's just about performance and stability.

Performance and stability - the yin/yang of all operating systems (not just Windows).

I did reset mine and it went fine.  But yeah, I'm far more disappointed in the phone builds and plan to stick with 8.1 instead of wasting so much time.  I know they're further from launch so it's not really a shock, though.

I'd say the newest phone build is starting to show what we can expect though, they might have a few more things that aren't yet in, feature wise, but it's getting there.

There was somewhere on promotional images a logo associated with Edge - almost same like Spartan but grid was more dense - bit like here:

39573529-globe-icon.jpg

This icon has been around for years. In the terms of Windows, it was just a place holder.

First time I'm actually trying to achieve something in Win 10 and I've came across something that is driving me mad

jkWcQzn.png

BECAUSE OF WHAT?!?!

I cannot for the life of my figure out what the rest of this message says and it's proving impossible to try and figure out why, am I missing something obvious here? Surely there is a way to read the rest of that message?

This icon has been around for years. In the terms of Windows, it was just a place holder.

No no, the logo was similar but not same - grid was more dense, there were more lines on it. Sadly, I can't find page where it was used :/

First time I'm actually trying to achieve something in Win 10 and I've came across something that is driving me mad

jkWcQzn.png

BECAUSE OF WHAT?!?!

I cannot for the life of my figure out what the rest of this message says and it's proving impossible to try and figure out why, am I missing something obvious here? Surely there is a way to read the rest of that message?

What if you tried to install just one of those 3 apps, so the message at the start shorter?  As for trying to read it all, what does it show up like in the action center?

Endpoint Protection has changed in Windows 10. If you use the latest installation file (version 4.7 I believe) it only installs a 'Managed Windows Defender' folder so that the built in Defender can be managed. Older setup files are blocked completely.

upgraded to the  latest build (10147)

look like i have dead pinned icon for (project spartan) in taskbar  , since they changed the icon and name of the browser.

now there is no way to remove the pinned icon :s

post-254628-0-38685700-1434722568.png

I had issue with the same icon. Tried to do a refresh as suggested on my Surface Pro 3, but it ended wiping my activation information. At the end I ended up restoring it to Windows 8.1 and updating from there. No icon and kept the 8.1 activation.

upgraded to the  latest build (10147)

look like i have dead pinned icon for (project spartan) in taskbar  , since they changed the icon and name of the browser.

now there is no way to remove the pinned icon :s

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Fix:

Put the following in a bat file and run as admin.  You will then have to launch Edge and pin it back to the taskbar...

DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*"
REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe
  • Like 3

Fix:

Put the following in a bat file and run as admin.  You will then have to launch Edge and pin it back to the taskbar...

DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*"
REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

thank you my buddy,that fixed it :)

it was annoying , but not deal breaker.

Buila 10151 in OSG Ring as well as Canary Ring. I sense this is the one that's coming to us next.

Anyone notice that in 10147, the Cortana windows just sort of pops up randomly? It just sits there; the search field doesn't take focus and it's not listening. It's just... there until you close it. I've told it not to listen to my microphone, so there's no rhyme or reason for it, and it's not listed on the list of issues in this build.

Anyone notice that in 10147, the Cortana windows just sort of pops up randomly? It just sits there; the search field doesn't take focus and it's not listening. It's just... there until you close it. I've told it not to listen to my microphone, so there's no rhyme or reason for it, and it's not listed on the list of issues in this build.

Yup. It's getting on my nerves...

Sounds like a weird bug, some people have it pop up at startup from what I heard, but not randomly after that.

Considering there are no rsat tools and it freaks out with a simple vlan change not only will this rtm release not go on my desktop but won't go in my vm lab either

Considering there are no rsat tools and it freaks out with a simple vlan change not only will this rtm release not go on my desktop but won't go in my vm lab either

You mean these rsat tools?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520&WT.mc_id=rss_alldownloads_all

It didn't take that long to find them.

• Like 2

HostedNetwork seems to have been fixed regarding starting and stopping. But whenever a client disconnects, they can't reconnect and the network has to be reset. :/ Sent feedback.

jkWcQzn.png

BECAUSE OF WHAT?!?!

I think they copied that awesome feature from the Android notification center. 

"A new folder has been detected for sync: ..."

You mean these rsat tools?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520&WT.mc_id=rss_alldownloads_all

It didn't take that long to find them.

If you read below you will see they won't work with the newer builds including 1074. 

Unless MS comes up with an exam for my MCSE focusing on 10 this September or October I am sticking with 8 on both my lab and host until the next 2 updates by next summer before it can be somewhat near ready.

Even Windows 8.1 is too flaky for my tests with requiring Windows Update repair on both my pc and surface. :-( The default update 1 is just too unstable compared to 7. 

It took Windows XP almost 3  years before it was considered God and best most stable OS by Service pack 2. MS fired their QA team and I would not be surprised if in the coming months you will see media reports of people crying and wanting 8.1 back on their systems, bugs, showstoppers, and other issues since QA and feature freezes still are not in the works this close to releasE??

Sorry to sound like a dark pessimist as I assure you I am not a troll. But I have seen MS take their time with releases like Windows 7 and Windows 2000 which at beta 1 was more stable than 10 right now. I have also seen things rushed like Windows 8 and WindowsME where it took a few years to fix them up. Windows 10 is heading towards the later from what I have seen so far.

Running build 10130.

Anyone else experience this behavior as well? I disabled search so it only appears when typing while the start menu is open. The moment I do anything on the start menu area prior to typing, like clicking on an empty area, clicking All apps then Back, Search doesn't come up anymore. I don't know if this is an intended behavior, but sent a feedback about it anyway.