[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Yup, using the same e-mail I've been using since November. Only difference I can think of is my PC is using secure boot, surely that couldn't be it?

Tried updating all your apps in the Store beta? Looks like it hasn't downloaded the music preview or updated the store

Store beta doesn't show any new updates. :s 

Why I can't get more than 2 groups with 3 columns each one. It still feel like some wasted space in the Start Screen. I rather just 1 group with 6 rows than 2 with 3 each one, and a huge gap between them.

Besides that, so far, so good.

Hey guys, I just updated to the new build and I have a minor annoyance.

After updating, these old broken app shortcuts are stuck in the all apps menu and I have no way to remove them (uninstalling them does nothing). Any help? 

iRqcQOd.png

Windows Store (Green tile) has been removed in build 10158. That's why you have a broken link. You have Windows Store in Grey tile. It's out of beta.

To get rid of them, do the reset and your problem will be solved.. If not, send feedback to MS and they will fix in next update.

I haven't really ever gotten into tiles.  

But really?
JfRC7Ni.jpg

Why can't I make this not as wide?  

also, it would be nice to just start typing and have the programs pop up and then select them, is there a way to do this?

Redstone mission will be completely remove Start Screen. Mark my words. 28 buils and little progress for Start Screen lovers  :cry:

• Like 2

So even in this new version, which is supposedly very close to the release version, the touch keyboard is utterly useless as it still opens on top/over applications instead of resizing them, making it cover the text fields you are writing in.

sadly in the first open preview builds, the keyboard actually worked properly and resized the apps, even desktop. so you could see what you where writing, but then they decided that seeing what you are writing was a terrible idea...

• Like 2

So even in this new version, which is supposedly very close to the release version, the touch keyboard is utterly useless as it still opens on top/over applications instead of resizing them, making it cover the text fields you are writing in.

sadly in the first open preview builds, the keyboard actually worked properly and resized the apps, even desktop. so you could see what you where writing, but then they decided that seeing what you are writing was a terrible idea...

You know for some reason on Windows 10 Mobile the keyboard does this too in certain places.

Just installed 10158. Is anyone having issues where the store immediately crashes when reinstalling an app?

My antivirus software (for some retarded reason) deleted the Money and Sports apps because it thought they were viruses, and I can't restore them, so I have to try redownloading them.

QRxLNel.png

Thanks for keeping me "safe"  :crazy:

Heurestics, the maker of false positives and killed of performance on the greatest of computers.

Heurestics needs to be off or at the very least on the lowest setting. I don't think heuretics has ever actually stopped a virus that wasn't in the definitions anyway. If it ever did it was on server heurestics with entirely different analytics. But even mail server heurestics didn't manage to stop obvious viruses like I love you back in the day...

So how does the Office365 integration work?  Where do you link the account?

Yay, cubes are back...though I do like the explode on launch animation in WP.  Action center is shaping up.

After updating the Xbox app Xbox One game streaming no longer works correctly for me. It stays connected for around 5 seconds then the app completely disconnects from the console. As long as I am not streaming it stays connected.

Anyone know how to make the store stop crashing when I press "Reinstall App"? wsreset.exe doesn't work. Anyone have some sort of magical powershell script that would do it?

My antivirus wiped out the Money and Sports app and I'd like them back, even if I never use them.

Just installed Build 10158 from WU.........update worked great from build 10130....must be lucky......would not allow AVG2015 Free, which I've used for all these builds...will have to investigate...would not even use 7 or 8 compatibility mode for AVG...and as usual, will have to re-install printers again, same as other builds. 

Other than that, so far looks good.....Play Time....... :woot:

I haven't really ever gotten into tiles.  

But really?

JfRC7Ni.jpg

Why can't I make this not as wide?  

also, it would be nice to just start typing and have the programs pop up and then select them, is there a way to do this?

In the last build you could resize that part of the Start Menu like any other Window.. can you still do that?  You could also "start typing" like Windows 8.1 and results showed up in the start menu.

So how does the Office365 integration work?  Where do you link the account?

Yay, cubes are back...though I do like the explode on launch animation in WP.  Action center is shaping up.

It should just work, if the Windows sign-in account and Office account is the same of course.

I only got 365 a couple of days ago and straight away my 10 VM started downloading OneNote and Outlook, that's without having opted into the 2016 preview.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Means there must be untrusted apps  :shifty:

Found this online

Hololens MSA login page:

https://login.live.com/ppsecure/inlineconnect.srf?platform=holo&mkt=en-US

Looks like this build has sound issues. Getting playback failed with both onboard audio and USB DAC when using 24-bit and 32-bit audio (and even 16-bit at random!).

Auto-hide taskbar in tablet mode has to be the last big option people have asked for, followed by full screen all apps which won't make it in, but could with the first update. 

Auto-hide taskbar in tablet mode has to be the last big option people have asked for, followed by full screen all apps which won't make it in, but could with the first update. 

How about vertical scrolling on Start?

No one really cares which is why its not being added.

Oh so you're saying i'm a no one? Thanks, I really needed that :uberhump:

Oh so you're saying i'm a no one? Thanks, I really needed that :uberhump:

We're all individually pretty much one hundredth of a percent of the user base to Microsoft.