[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Supposedly 300 bug fixes just from build 10158 to 10159 so you just have to wonder what the hell was wrong with 10158 I suppose for them to have cranked out this new build in under 24 hours. Must have been something fairly serious or at least several serious things for 'em to have gone this far.

I've found a problem, seems like others have too...

There's 5 updates which are getting stuck for some users, including me, the updates include KB3070677 which is required to be offered the update to 10158, so it's not offering the update to those users, I've tried uninstalling the updates and reinstalling them but they're still shown as "Requires a restart to finish installing", gonna try changing from automatic and see if I can install one at a time in case they're interfering with each other, see below:

If anyone else is not being offered the update, can you check in your update history in Windows update and see if those updates above are shown with that status, if so, you should be able to uninstall those updates, restart and see if they'll install properly, then see if it offers the update properly.

Oddly enough I checked again when I got home from work today, and that dang KB3070677 had vanished, and build 10159 was sitting in queue. I'd say check again if you haven't already, and look to see if you're still having issues.

Supposedly 300 bug fixes just from build 10158 to 10159 so you just have to wonder what the hell was wrong with 10158 I suppose for them to have cranked out this new build in under 24 hours. Must have been something fairly serious or at least several serious things for 'em to have gone this far.

They released 10158 because it passed their evaluation. Turns out 10159 did the same shortly after. Thats why there are two builds back to back.

They released 10158 because it passed their evaluation. Turns out 10159 did the same shortly after. Thats why there are two builds back to back.

And the 300 bug fixes... surely that had something to do with it. :)

Also, Gabe Aul is hinting that there's something in this build that hasn't been shown or included before and yet nobody has discovered it so far. Of course it's only been an hour or two but several people already have it installed that I can tell (the ESD is available already).

And the 300 bug fixes... surely that had something to do with it. :)

Also, Gabe Aul is hinting that there's something in this build that hasn't been shown or included before and yet nobody has discovered it so far. Of course it's only been an hour or two but several people already have it installed that I can tell (the ESD is available already).

It's the wallpaper...

Considering a ton of users are still trying to get 10158 from yesterday on top of now this build I'd say that's a definite possibility, yep. :)

Microsoft is most certainly stress testing their servers today, no doubt on that at all.

Gabe said it's not:

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/615985526537981952

or at least again he's hinting at something else.

Hm, ok. Well, I guess we'll see here in a bit.

Considering a ton of users are still trying to get 10158 from yesterday on top of now this build I'd say that's a definite possibility, yep. :)

Microsoft is most certainly stress testing their servers today, no doubt on that at all.

They should have cleared 10158 from the servers. Users should only be seeing 10159 now.

EDIT: Looks like a new lockscreen. Dang, back to the ugly circular profile pics...

post-420821-0-30826700-1435702325.jpg

EDIT: Looks like a new lockscreen. Dang, back to the ugly circular profile pics...

Yah, I have to admit I'll never understand why companies keep doing that: images tend to be rectangular/square so it really doesn't make much sense for force content into a circle. Some joke about a square peg in a round hole would be appropriate at this point. :D

i am not getting the new build :(

i am at 10158/ Fast ring

tried multiple time with windows update , and rebooted my pc no dice :/

Hm, ok. Well, I guess we'll see here in a bit.

They should have cleared 10158 from the servers. Users should only be seeing 10159 now.

attachicon.gifGeorge King's photo.jpg

What do you mean "back"? They have been like that for a while now.

So, why do people think the circles look bad? I think they look rather modern.

Except most profile pictures aren't cropped to be circular. Most photos aren't shared circular. Art and print media is rarely circular, and video is not circular.

It doesn't look modern at all -- it just looks bad.

-Forjo

• Like 2

Except most profile pictures aren't cropped to be circular. Most photos aren't shared circular. Art and print media is rarely circular, and video is not circular.

It doesn't look modern at all -- it just looks bad.

-Forjo

As a graphic designer, I feel this is the worst logic I've ever encountered. Seriously, it's not like it takes up the whole screen, you arent sending it to anybody, and you know it's going to be round. My fingers arent square and I have to touch that cirle, wouldn't it make more sense to look like a button?

The surprise new change is just the lockscreen it looks like, instead of giving you a solid accent color background it will now show your desktop wallpaper, which is better, makes it look better when you login IMO.

What do you mean "back"? They have been like that for a while now.

They were square in one of the recent leaked builds

Ugh the splash screen where you type your password at, you can't change that horrible wallpaper.

The surprise new change is just the lockscreen it looks like, instead of giving you a solid accent color background it will now show your desktop wallpaper, which is better, makes it look better when you login IMO.

Looks like it's just the new Windows wallpaper, did you get yours to change?

So I linked my MS account and updated and then reverted back to a local account... how do I remove the pin it only gives me an option to change the pin. >.<