[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Ugh the splash screen where you type your password at, you can't change that horrible wallpaper.

Looks like it's just the new Windows wallpaper, did you get yours to change?

Looks like it's fixed, don't know if they'll let it change later or if it'll stay fixed till someone comes out with a app that changes it, I remember they had them for Vista and or 7 at one point.

As a graphic designer, I feel this is the worst logic I've ever encountered. Seriously, it's not like it takes up the whole screen, you arent sending it to anybody, and you know it's going to be round. My fingers arent square and I have to touch that cirle, wouldn't it make more sense to look like a button?

Is that why the keys on a keyboard are square, for the most part? :)

A new build only 24 hours later.. making me wait another entire work day to install!  Can't complain though, gets more an more polished each build.

Just need my workplace to GET ON IT, make sure GPO's etc work, make a quick and dodgy build image.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this malformed app?

post-45228-0-56184600-1435708923.png

Edit: Also, OneDrive seems to be screwing up my Google Drive. It decided that Pictures and Documents needed to be moved to OneDrive (which I don't use) and I cannot change the location.

post-45228-0-82350400-1435709950.png

Does anyone has a link to the ESD files?

of Windows 10, build 10159

10159.0.150626-1834.fbl_impressive_clientpro_ret_x64fre_en-us.esd:

http://bg.v4.sh.dl.ws.microsoft.com/dl/content/d/updt/2015/06/10159.0.150626-1834.fbl_impressive_clientpro_ret_x64fre_en-us_f118fd6739df37c88e5c6a7d1d5dce80996e5890.esd?P1=1435712121&P2=101&P3=1&P4=wTv%2fkb2IRhr%2b8fyjSBNEWdjUMag%3d

you can decrypt it with esd-decrypter-wimlib-5_0: http://rghost.net/7qfQbbyjj

The worst thing about this build: I spent an hour just installing 10158 :rofl:

Download the ESD off the Windows Update servers (Google the links!) and convert it to ISO.

How do I download the ESD off the Windows Update servers? Sorry if this sounds like a no0b question

Got it installed and I must say I am very happy with what they have done. The only thing that really bothers me (I sound like a broken record) is the solid white window title bars. How can the possibly think it is intuitive or visually pleasing to have a white window title bar and on top of that it doesn't change at all when it loses focus? I changed my accent color and now I can see a thin blue outline around active windows which is OK I guess but I would have hoped they would have designed a better way especially with this being the last version of Windows. I guess there will be skinning anyways...

• Like 3

Just did a cleanup (to get rid of the old version....on my laptop, PC still isn't playing ball and won't go past 10130), anyone else notice there's mention of a retail demo already? Looks like Microsoft think this is good to go out the door soon. Hopefully that means they'll release to the slow ring within a couple of days and give us a legit ISO that people who can't get updated can use.

219dszt.png

Got it installed and I must say I am very happy with what they have done. The only thing that really bothers me (I sound like a broken record) is the solid white window title bars. How can the possibly think it is intuitive or visually pleasing to have a white window title bar and on top of that it doesn't change at all when it loses focus? I changed my accent color and now I can see a thin blue outline around active windows which is OK I guess but I would have hoped they would have designed a better way especially with this being the last version of Windows. I guess there will be skinning anyways...

I don't mind the white color (or lack of it?), but I agree with the focus thing. Another indicator that the windows is inactive/active would be great.

So

Touch keyboard still completely useless as it opens on top of apps instead of resizing apps/desktop

Also it seems they actually REMOVED the setting for DPI/scaling from the new settings app. and since it's removed form the old CP as well. you can't change scaling at all anymore... uh... what...

If you're part of the Insider program/feedback loops, provide that feedback and let them know that you want that kind of thing. 

So

Also it seems they actually REMOVED the setting for DPI/scaling from the new settings app. and since it's removed form the old CP as well. you can't change scaling at all anymore... uh... what...

It's still there for me under System::Display in the Settings application (or right-click Display settings from the desktop).  Unless you're in a VM or remote desktop or that kind of thing: it might be off there.  Works natively though.

I don't mind the white color (or lack of it?), but I agree with the focus thing. Another indicator that the windows is inactive/active would be great.

Yeah I suppose the white color isn't a huge deal if they could make inactive windows more obvious, like a dark grey or even better transparent. I am using the dark theme in Edge and love it. I wish that would be an option system wide. I still don't like the idea of multiple themes going on. I like a unified OS.

Really minor thing, anyone else still have Windows 7 style DVD drive icons?

EDIT: Preppy, I am indeed an insider. Do you think they would really listen to the feedback? I suppose they did with the star menu/taskbar aero coming back...

120o46f.jpg?

Does anyone know how to get rid of this malformed app?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Edit: Also, OneDrive seems to be screwing up my Google Drive. It decided that Pictures and Documents needed to be moved to OneDrive (which I don't use) and I cannot change the location.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Reset your windows and they will be gone. Reset button is located in Recovery in the WU.

Looks like the Store taskbar icon got corrupted, anyone else seeing this? Other apps like Mail and Xbox appear with white box icons in the taskbar too. Odd.

Looks like the Store taskbar icon got corrupted, anyone else seeing this? Other apps like Mail and Xbox appear with white box icons in the taskbar too. Odd.

Xbox icon is white on my end in build 10158.

It was green in previous build. 

Oh and the mail icon is white as well.

FYI, The store (green tile) has been removed in build 10158 ... it was replaced with Store that was in grey tile .. it's out of beta in this build.

I have not gotten 10159 update yet.