[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Glad it's not just me! :D

Though, the audio issues still remain - reading from the reports, a lot of people are experiencing it so hopefully a patch is issued sooner than later. Not that it really affects me when listening to music since I can still listen to 24/192 using ASIO.

Funny thing, thought it was said that xp users couldn't get a free upgrade thru preview builds, when i ran winver on 10159 just now i saw: licensed to: mymail@hotmail.com. Anyways on store icon being corrupted its not for me.

I updated from 10130 to 10158 without any problem yesterday running in Hyper-V.

WU sees 10159 and says it's downloading, but it stays at 0%

Anybody else have this issue?

I tried restarting the VM but no luck so far

Funny thing, thought it was said that xp users couldn't get a free upgrade thru preview builds, when i ran winver on 10159 just now i saw: licensed to: mymail@hotmail.com. Anyways on store icon being corrupted its not for me.

They can't.

Thanks for posting the links, worked great and got me out of a mess I had with build 10158....Cheers

They were square in one of the recent leaked builds

No they where not, that was just the old Windows 8 lockscreen showing up due to a bug.

In build 10158, multiple failures the longer it ran when I took it off local and went with my MS account. I have build 10159 running now, in local account and everything working so far. I will not change to MS account for a few weeks and see how this works...unless a newer build comes out and I'll change accounts....can't believe the damage I had switching accounts.....maybe I botched something, but all is well in local account for my "desktop" environment for Win32/64, audio great, video, torrent, multiple browser, visual studio, VMware....all good....so far...Cheers

Note....build 10158 jammed me in local account ( could not get it out of local account) when I switched back from MS account after a good verification. Windows asked if I wanted to use local after MS account verification done....strange. Ended up doing an ESD to ISO and upgraded from 10158 to 10159

Build 10159 has a new "express setting or use custom install" option (apps settings) when using the ISO for upgrade

They said that is wasn't an upgrade path for Windows XP users to the final relese and to stay there. If you continue to use the Windows Insider Preview you'll continue to be activated, no matter what OS you where using before, if any. But if you stick on the RTM build, it will deactivate avfter a while.

Updated to build 10159 this morning and my store won't open. When I was on 10158 everything worked except the photos app, after updating to 10159 the photos app DOES work but the store and OneNote won't open :(

You'd think this or the next/final one will go to the slow ring soon. 

You'd think this or the next/final one will go to the slow ring soon.

Yeah, this definitely feels like a slow ring candidate.

Yeah, this definitely feels like a slow ring candidate.

Would help all the people stuck if they would just release an ISO, hope they do soon.

Yeah I suppose the white color isn't a huge deal if they could make inactive windows more obvious, like a dark grey or even better transparent. I am using the dark theme in Edge and love it. I wish that would be an option system wide. I still don't like the idea of multiple themes going on. I like a unified OS.

?

I submitted feedback for exactly that. Let's wait and see.

I submitted feedback for exactly that. Let's wait and see.

I doubt they're accepting suggestions for the RTM anymore, any updates would be after RTM now and most likely some time after as well

Yah, I have to admit I'll never understand why companies keep doing that: images tend to be rectangular/square so it really doesn't make much sense for force content into a circle. Some joke about a square peg in a round hole would be appropriate at this point. :D

If you use W10M, the circular picture makes sense. You can't roll in a square.

round user pictures because most heads aren't square.. 

But not all account pictures are heads. :o

And they roll!

Sigh, it sees the latest build but refuses to download for me. Still stuck at 0% :(

Go into services and stop the windows update service then run the disk cleanup utility (I put a check mark next to everything). Then start windows update backup and try the update again. Oddly that worked for me

Thanks.  Tried both separately, looks like it needed a restart, then a restart of the WU service once I was logged in...it had downloaded the update and went right to preparing.  Huzzah!