[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Pushing it a little there brad :p

Ok I've been trying for the past couple days to get either of the latest builds to show up in updates....... still nothing

I've tried everything that is listed as a "fix" even reinstalled it from scratch ISO of 10130.... nothing

Got it installed and I must say I am very happy with what they have done. The only thing that really bothers me (I sound like a broken record) is the solid white window title bars. How can the possibly think it is intuitive or visually pleasing to have a white window title bar and on top of that it doesn't change at all when it loses focus? I changed my accent color and now I can see a thin blue outline around active windows which is OK I guess but I would have hoped they would have designed a better way especially with this being the last version of Windows. I guess there will be skinning anyways...

Yes! I miss the title bar color too.

And they roll!

Sigh, it sees the latest build but refuses to download for me. Still stuck at 0% :(

Wait for it, mine did the same and I just waited, comes up eventually.

Anyone in the UK got Cortana working? She won't respond to me at all and my mic is working fine. She worked in earlier builds, if very buggy still but for a couple of builds (pre 10130) she's not saying anything and not listening.

Pushing it a little there brad :p

Ok I've been trying for the past couple days to get either of the latest builds to show up in updates....... still nothing

I've tried everything that is listed as a "fix" even reinstalled it from scratch ISO of 10130.... nothing

Mine was the same but 10159 came up itself today, I would wait a couple of days and see if it shows up.

OK here's a pretty dumb question. I made the stupid idea of installing Windows 10 TP Enterprise at work before finding out how the upgrade process would work. I now know I should go back to Windows 8 and wait for the July 29th upgrade. Question is, is there any way to un-install the Windows 10 upgrade or install 8 on top of it without having to do a clean install? Dumb I know, but hoping to avoid a lot of work re-confirguring a lot of stuff. My own fault for running a beta OS at work.

OK here's a pretty dumb question. I made the stupid idea of installing Windows 10 TP Enterprise at work before finding out how the upgrade process would work. I now know I should go back to Windows 8 and wait for the July 29th upgrade. Question is, is there any way to un-install the Windows 10 upgrade or install 8 on top of it without having to do a clean install? Dumb I know, but hoping to avoid a lot of work re-confirguring a lot of stuff. My own fault for running a beta OS at work.

Check in recovery section in WU and see if you have rollback option in there.

If not, you might have deleted your old Windows folder that the installation saved it in case you wanted to go back.

If none, then you might want to wipe and install 8. Your data and apps are stored in your cloud. It won't hurt a thing...  you are able to install stuff back in if they don't auto-nstall apps for you... 

Wait for it, mine did the same and I just waited, comes up eventually.

Anyone in the UK got Cortana working? She won't respond to me at all and my mic is working fine. She worked in earlier builds, if very buggy still but for a couple of builds (pre 10130) she's not saying anything and not listening.

OK, No bugs my ass....Now after I've enabled Cortana and finished configuring everything the start menu won't open, I seem to remember Cortana locking up the start menu was a bug in previous versions, obviously still not squashed

You can roll back from the update control panel if you haven't gotten another build since you upgraded. The easiest way I've found to revert after the rollback is unavailable is to just shrink my partition, move my files to a new one, reinstall, then move them back and merge the partitions again. I'm cheap and have only one HDD in my computer. :p

You can safely delete the recovery partition Win 10 makes afterwards, too. Mine is 450MB but it may be different depending on the drive's size.

Anyone thinking of downloading the 10159 ISOs from Lyraull that were posted by WZOR, don't wipe and install, they won't activate, even if you sign in with your registered e-mail.

Yeah at this point I am strictly sticking to official builds. 10147 was the only exception because I heard how stable it was compared to 10130.

On another note, anyone having an issue with not being able to type in a text field, particularly at Neowin?

I'll just wait for the official ISO to hit slow ring, it has to be 10158 or 10159 at some point, probably before the week ends.

Yeah at this point I am strictly sticking to official builds. 10147 was the only exception because I heard how stable it was compared to 10130.

On another note, anyone having an issue with not being able to type in a text field, particularly at Neowin?

Which browser? IE has has been iffy for about 3 years now because the IPBoard editor didn't properly support later versions of the browser. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it doesn't work at all.

Turning off BBCode mode helps. (light switch at left of edtior toolbar)

I'll just wait for the official ISO to hit slow ring, it has to be 10158 or 10159 at some point, probably before the week ends.

The next build for slow ring will be 10159 (unless there is a major issue ofcourse), but you can forget about 10158, it got withdrawn because of 10159.

Edge crashes randomly for me sometimes. Not very often, but it happens. All the tabs are saved and stuff, but it still kinda sucks.

Also, the Photos app syncs online photos even on metered connections, right? On a phone, it would be great if we had an option to disable syncing over 3G, like we can already disable 3G uploads.

Anyone thinking of downloading the 10159 ISOs from Lyraull that were posted by WZOR, don't wipe and install, they won't activate, even if you sign in with your registered e-mail.

product key?

Anyone know if there is a way to disable the blur on Start?

There is, but it's tied to the taskbar and the notification pane

hahahha Nevermind, I got it.

What upgrading process where you talking about before? Since I installed in both my PCs the WTP 10 from 7 SP1.

*scratches head* ok I still can't get the builds to show up on WU on multiple systems now..... no idea what I am doing wrong or what is wrong... I'm signing in with my MSA and in the insider program..... tried it with x86 and x64, tried it virtualized and physical.... it just will not show up ugh... :(

10159 build is terrible compared to 10158

1. in 10159, Video app does not pass DTS and AC3 over HDMI (Says Audio device is in use by some other program)

2. Music app does not play MP3. Says file not supported. But works after restart.

3. Some apps dont load. Some don't uninstall.

4. In App Store, If I click on Purchased under account, it opens the default web browser and asks me to log in. Haha. Why to even have a store app if most things are done via browser. That's why Microsoft is so light years behind Apple in terms of usability.

In a nutshell, 10159 is the most bugged POS of build.

I have had build 10159 running as  "desktop workstation" since yesterday and so far its running great. Runs all my Win32/64 programs, settings upgrade went very well, just had to re-install printers, VLC for standard resolution video's, Windows Media Player for music, VMware good, Visual Studio good, Adobe products OK, HDMI OK, graphics are crisp.....for a work station...I'm real happy....will see with more time on it...still too soon to judge stability, But I like what I see... :)  

I got a nice surprise when I woke up. whilst I was asleep my PC updated to build 10159. Loving the new login screen.