[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

~

*scratches head* ok I still can't get the builds to show up on WU on multiple systems now..... no idea what I am doing wrong or what is wrong... I'm signing in with my MSA and in the insider program..... tried it with x86 and x64, tried it virtualized and physical.... it just will not show up ugh... :(

Same here, looks like the 5 June updates have failed to install as well which could be why the update isn't appearing. Check your update history.

Is there anyone here who is also having an issue with their weather tile not updating?  It worked initially when I upgraded to 10159 but after a second restart, the tile doesn't update anymore.  I've tried resizing the tile and turning the live tile on and off with no success.  I've already left feedback for this issue but I was curious if anyone else ran into this.

I can no longer access the Feedback app  :( I'm still an insider and am connected to the internet.

I'm on build 10130 if it matters.

YFvBNhY.png

As of 10158, you have to add the insider app back in, go to add features and you'll see the Insider app, just add it back in, it's because it's not going to be part of the default install so they're getting ready for RTM by removing insider features by default.

See here : https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/616335216660058113

Go to Settings >System >Apps & features Manage optional features >Add a feature Select Insider Hub >Install
  • Like 1

Finally updated to 10159 from 10158, loving this build too, no problems at all other than the 0% install issue which i solved restarting the 'windows update' service. :)

I can no longer access the Feedback app  :( I'm still an insider and am connected to the internet.

I'm on build 10130 if it matters.

YFvBNhY.png

My guess would be you need to be on the latest build now to provide Feedback, they are a month past 10130

Is there any news on native subtitle support with the Movies & TV app? I tried to drap and drop a .srt subtitle while playing a video and it doesn't work.

Is there any news on native subtitle support with the Movies & TV app? I tried to drap and drop a .srt subtitle while playing a video and it doesn't work.

Subtitle support should be there but I don't think drag & dropping it works, might have to just have it in the same location and named the same as the video so it can autoload it, that's what I always do with my videos.

*scratches head* ok I still can't get the builds to show up on WU on multiple systems now..... no idea what I am doing wrong or what is wrong... I'm signing in with my MSA and in the insider program..... tried it with x86 and x64, tried it virtualized and physical.... it just will not show up ugh... :(

Do you have any failing Windows updates? A failing update was the cause of my pain at the beginning of the week.

For some reason, my Windows Feedback app lets me send new feedback but isn't connecting to the search results so I can't upvote anything.

EDIT: For the first time, I'm genuinely scared that RTM is going to be buggy. I've found a lot of minor bugs in build 10159, and we're really close to the date where it all has to be perfect. I pray that they get it right.

As of 10158, you have to add the insider app back in, go to add features and you'll see the Insider app, just add it back in, it's because it's not going to be part of the default install so they're getting ready for RTM by removing insider features by default.

See here : https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/616335216660058113

I've gone back to build 10130. 10158 (and 10159) wouldn't pick up my laptops wireless card correctly

Might want to try the ISO files I listed on the previous page using the serial number I listed, there has been a few problems with the upgrade from 10130. (Although Microsoft would prefer us to upgrade as that's how Windows 7/8 users will be getting Windows 10 but it's not working great)

Do you have any failing Windows updates? A failing update was the cause of my pain at the beginning of the week.

nope, everything is installed and its telling me no updates are available right now

and honestly, this update system is horrible... the whole install it all thing is annoying as heck, at least the old update system you could pick and choose updates..

Trying out Windows 10 for the first time with 10159 and liking it. About damn time that start menu got fixed!

nope, everything is installed and its telling me no updates are available right now

and honestly, this update system is horrible... the whole install it all thing is annoying as heck, at least the old update system you could pick and choose updates..

Have you tried running a repair on WU?

Worst thing is, this is the route Microsoft will be providing for Windows 7/8 users. I'm guessing we'll see a slew of updates in the coming weeks with very little changes just to check the update system.

I also do not have a "fix" button in 10130 in WU Advanced settings.. I still am getting "choose how preview builds are installed" instead of "Get Insider Builds" why am I seeing the old option?

post-47883-0-05132400-1435847697.png

Out of interest considering this newest build must be quite close to final, are we going to be able to install to final or will it have to be a clean install?

Out of interest considering this newest build must be quite close to final, are we going to be able to install to final or will it have to be a clean install?

yes you will be able to upgrade to RTM from the Insiders Preview

I also do not have a "fix" button in 10130 in WU Advanced settings.. I still am getting "choose how preview builds are installed" instead of "Get Insider Builds" why am I seeing the old option?

Looks like 10130 installed from ISO won't update. Probably something broken in WU settings.