[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I'm hoping they give preview members the chance for a clean install right away and not an upgrade like normally through Windows Update. I'd like to get it on the 29th. I'd rather not upgrade either.  I'm hoping they validate using the key is use currently.  My key is in my bios, it would be so nice for it to be done that way. 

10158 Won't update at all.  

My log in with my microsoft accounty doesn't have any updates.  Nor an option on how to get the preview updates.  

My local admin account says "fix this" for preview builds, I sign in, it closes the screen and goes back to normal.

Still can't get builds past ...074 on the HP quad core Q6600 test machine :( ...74 installs fresh fine but anything after... hell nope...

Still can't get builds past ...074 on the HP quad core Q6600 test machine :( ...74 installs fresh fine but anything after... hell nope...

Can you download ISO and install newer build via DVD or USB? 

WU sucks sometimes.

Those old builds aren't good because of WU problem. that they had been stuck at some percent for long period of time.

Looks like 10130 installed from ISO won't update. Probably something broken in WU settings.

Yeah something is up, I'm going back to 10074 and start from there to see what happens

Can anyone tell me what will happen if i have a original windows 8.1 reserved but instead of upgrading did a clean install (does that count as a upgrade and will my win8.1 key work on it or even asked at all?).

Man, they are rocking the fast ring now.

I think the bugginess of the Start Menu is still easily at the top of my list.   I just wish I could confirm if its more of an issue with the upgraded account profile or something more fundamental.  I hate having to feel that I need to refresh after every new build (especially at this new rate).

I'm hoping they give preview members the chance for a clean install right away and not an upgrade like normally through Windows Update. I'd like to get it on the 29th. I'd rather not upgrade either.  I'm hoping they validate using the key is use currently.  My key is in my bios, it would be so nice for it to be done that way. 

10158 Won't update at all.  

My log in with my microsoft accounty doesn't have any updates.  Nor an option on how to get the preview updates.  

My local admin account says "fix this" for preview builds, I sign in, it closes the screen and goes back to normal.

WU is just what's pushing the Windows 10 files to your system, as appose to downloading an ISO like with the 8.1 upgrade.    They've said after the upgrade you can "clean install it" anytime you want.  So I figure worst case, you do the upgrade and if something doesn't work just go back and clean install.  Sure it'd waste some time BUT, you never know, the upgrade might work out just fine to.

Other than that, you could wait for a RTM ISO, run the install from that and it'll ask you if you want to upgrade or clean install, you can then do it that way, it works, you just wait for the ISO to come out.

anyone able to activate 10159? says this product code can't be activated.

8n67h-m3cy9-qt7c4-2tr7m-txycv

After the upgrade to 10162 I got to the deskop but the taskmanger wouldn't open and explorer froze when I tried to restart the computer, so I held the button down and forced it off. Then when I Turned it back on it BSOD'ed on startup (tried a few times) so I rolled it back to a previous build, but now 10162 isn't showing up in windows update any more. I flushed my softwaredistribution folder too.

Is it showing up for anyone else? like not currently installing, but has anyone checked right now and had it find it?

ugh finally got the new build offered...... and what does it do...... crashes on the upgrade

That's why i'm wondering if they pulled the update.

ugh finally got the new build offered...... and what does it do...... crashes on the upgrade

I haven't search for it personally but I saw a post saying 10162 ISOs are out, maybe you should go with that and skip trying to go through WU? 

I got it through the iso installing it on VM now.

Installing it now in VMware.

This was the fastest download ever. I wonder if it really downloads the whole 3 gb or so. I mean it was done within 15 min.

I haven't search for it personally but I saw a post saying 10162 ISOs are out, maybe you should go with that and skip trying to go through WU? 

I got build 10162 via WU and the upgrade went smoothly .... no problems so far.

The WU progress went fast than before.

I had no problems downloading and upgrading to 10162. The build feels really snappy, even in a virtual machine. No new features as far as I can tell, just more fit and finish.

Is there an ISO for this build?  I still can't get 159 to show up.  

Yes