[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Really good solid build. Polish builds from now on guys. :) Wait, didn't MS state that there will still be surprises for July 29th tho?

Umm, Surprises?

Picked it up straight away, but it stayed on 0% again the first time I started the download. Restarted the WU service and now it's downloading normally.

I have a very slow download connection. If I install the ISO from 10130 on my laptop, will it download the bits for 10162 from my VM to update or will it go and download them again from the MS servers? I noticed the option to select where you want to download from and one of the options is Internet, other pc's and local pc's or something like that.

Has anybody played around with this yet? It would be great if it would actually just check my VM and then download everything from there.

The one surprise I would love to see is a toggle to hide the taskbar, but just for Tablet mode.

The can get Edge to run Full screen in an app update after that and then i'll be happy with Win 10

The one surprise I would love to see is a toggle to hide the taskbar, but just for Tablet mode.

The can get Edge to run Full screen in an app update after that and then i'll be happy with Win 10

auto-hide option is there... all you do is toggle auto-hide on then change to tablet mode... boom, you have taskbarless view.

First, turn off tablet mode if you are in tablet mode.. Right-click on taskbar and select properties, you see the option in there.

auto-hide option is there... all you do is toggle auto-hide on then change to tablet mode... boom, you have taskbarless view.

First, turn off tablet mode if you are in tablet mode.. Right-click on taskbar and select properties, you see the option in there.

I know that option exists, but in desktop mode I prefer to have my taskbar visible at all times. In tablet mode it annoys the crap out of me :)

So a toggle in Tablet mode would solve my problem. I think there are many more people who would like this.

I know that option exists, but in desktop mode I prefer to have my taskbar visible at all times. In tablet mode it annoys the crap out of me :)

So a toggle in Tablet mode would solve my problem. I think there are many more people who would like this.

Oh...  Send feedback and see what happens...  

Not sure if it works because desktop/tablet mode use same taskbar... when you toggle it tablet mode, it hides some of icons on taskbar.. and replace with tablet icons such as back arrow icon, search icon, etc.

I have been switching back and forth these days... been watching on how they work...  it allows you to add icons tablet mode taskbar which mentioned in the settings menu.

I guess they will add tablet mode taskbar which will auto-hide and leave desktop taskbar auto-hide off.

Search the internet ;) We're not aloud to post links. (Are we?)

Found it,  thanks.  Also found a link for an ESD build.  Not sure what that is haha. 

Is there an ISO for this build?  I still can't get 159 to show up.  

No official ISO yet but it's suppose to be made available to the Slow ring soon and they will release an ISO then.

anyone able to activate 10159? says this product code can't be activated.

See my earlier post, the serial numbers have changed :

Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K
Core: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

OK, This might be useful to people like me with more than 1 PC running Windows 10, my laptop can always get the updates straight away but the PC doesn't seem to have much luck seeing them, I found out how to convert ESD to ISO now, if you have a PC which has downloaded the update, go into your C drive and look for the folder "C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources?", there will be an install.ESD file in there, stick that on a USB drive, then put it on your other PC which won't update and follow the instructions here to build an ISO from that ESD file. It was really quick on my PC, then I used Rufus to burn the ISO to a usb drive (Rufus makes a secure boot compatible "disk").

I've done this with mine, updated the PC nice and fast with no problems at all, I actually mounted the ISO using Windows Explorer, I also uploaded the ISO to my mega so if you are stuck and want en_gb 64bit Windows 10 Pro ISO (10162 just now) gimme a shout (just uploading now).

Also if you want to clean install from the ISO you make, note the serial numbers from 10158 up have changed to the following :

Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K
Core: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

well finally got it installed, already found a bunch of new icons around the place...

I only see 1 or 2 new icons. Where do you see a bunch?

UI polish aside I think the only thing that will have new features could be Edge, anyone check what version it's up to now? 23? 25?

UI polish aside I think the only thing that will have new features could be Edge, anyone check what version it's up to now? 23? 25?

None of the issues I had in build 10159 has been fixed.

• Snap is still broken
  • Project My Screen is still listed under Storage (in Settings) as taking over 13GB of space
  • Settings and Disk Cleanup detect a few gigabytes of temporary files that just don't get deleted
  • Dragging an Edge tab to a new windows causes the new window to open with just the Edge logo showing.
  • Pasting text in wordpress.com's Visual editor still causes a weird glitch where a lot of japanese characters appear.

All issues that only appeared in 10158.

Oh, and if I use myAppFree, clicking a link to an app's listing on the Store leads to an error page. I forgave it at first because it was in Beta stage, but now it's the only Store, and it's no longer considered Beta (at least in its name).

I'm really fearing this will be completely broken by July 29th.

Edited by indospot

Should I get the new update from 10159 via Windows update?

I have the insider builds set for "fast".

10162 isn't downloading for me. Stuck at 0% :(

Same happened to me, just restarted the WU service and I was good to go. 

Hopefully the download is done by the time I get back home

Same happened to me, just restarted the WU service and I was good to go. 

Hopefully the download is done by the time I get back home

Can you walk me through restarting the service, please? Is that net stop/start wuauserv? 

anybody got an issue with tile size small getting all screwed up?

4jGgFkE.png

see how the small edge tile has been sliced in half?

this was an issue in last 3 builds