[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I have a feeling Windows 10 will be released unpolished and broken

Clean installing using the ISOs it's waaay better

• Like 1

Clean installing using the ISOs it's waaay better

I agree. However, I always choose the upgrade option if it is available, this is because I like to see how the upgrade process goes and if the upgrade fails (which is has done on a handful of builds, stopped at 91% completion) then I opt in for a clean install.

Clean installed with the ISO, this build feels quite stable so far :)

Only problem I have is I can't verify my Microsoft account, the button doesn't do anything :(

Some of spotted problems in 10162

- Action Center pane disrespect local setting. Times are in 12H format.

- Frequently used apps doesn't work in Start Menu. No matter how much i will launch some app it will never appear, yet there are apps I never used.

Remember to report those bugs through the Windows Feedback app.

I've been sending loads of them to Microsoft these days for builds 10158, 10159 and 10162.

Clean installed with the ISO, this build feels quite stable so far :)

Only problem I have is I can't verify my Microsoft account, the button doesn't do anything :(

It worked for me after a clean install. Try a Reset, or run sfc /scannow, or get the official ISO that Microsoft has published officially for 10162 and try another clean install.

I agree. However, I always choose the upgrade option if it is available, this is because I like to see how the upgrade process goes and if the upgrade fails (which is has done on a handful of builds, stopped at 91% completion) then I opt in for a clean install.

Agreed, Microsoft would obviously prefer we're upgrading as that's how end users will get to Windows 10 but they won't have gone through all the previous builds so it'll probably be smoother for them.

That's weird, in Network usage the Edge logo is orange

HEWAJcV.png

Orange seemed to be the default accent colour while this was being developed, possibly something they just need to clean up in the final days, might want to post it in the feedback in case they've missed it.

Orange seemed to be the default accent colour while this was being developed, possibly something they just need to clean up in the final days, might want to post it in the feedback in case they've missed it.

I reported it :).

And my friend has a weirder bug, it appears as a orange money app

VnzvlJ1.png

I think you need to link an MSA for the builds to show up past 10130. That said, one of my systems updated to 10159(and now getting 10162) but the other one won't get anything past 10130 no matter what I do. :/ I can't use ESD because this one is a 32bit tablet.

Woke up this morning and it's downloading :)

I'm hoping they give preview members the chance for a clean install right away and not an upgrade like normally through Windows Update. I'd like to get it on the 29th. I'd rather not upgrade either.  I'm hoping they validate using the key is use currently.  My key is in my bios, it would be so nice for it to be done that way.

Agreed. I don't want to have to erase, install Windows 8.1, then do an upgrade. Would nice if they could validate your 7/8 product key and allow you to download an iso.

Obviously you haven't been testing any of the latest builds.

Yup, or he's fallen foul of the nasty upgrade process, it's been very bad between 10130 and 10158, seems much better upgrading through the subsequent builds so far

Well, at least ISO are out. I think Microsoft realized something wnet afoul with the updates this week. Many still are on b10130.

Obviously you haven't been testing any of the latest builds.

Well, I'm using 10162 and I fear the same. In fact, I fear it more now than I did when I was using 10130. While stability and reliability have largely improved, the amount of smaller bugs I'm finding worries me a lot. Maybe a clean install would help, but I clean installed 10130 just a couple weeks ago, I don't want to wear out the HDD.

Nice, my local news just came on and said "Microsoft is delaying the launch date of Windows 10". Then "They are rolling it out in waves".

It's amazing how wrong the news is on a consistent basis.

Nice, my local news just came on and said "Microsoft is delaying the launch date of Windows 10". Then "They are rolling it out in waves".

It's amazing how wrong the news is on a consistent basis.

I'm not sure that's true, from what they've said previously I got the impression it will be pre-loaded like a Steam release and then it will be available on the day of launch but obviously not for anyone who did not click on the Windows 10 icon or did click and said they weren't interested.

I'm not sure that's true, from what they've said previously I got the impression it will be pre-loaded like a Steam release and then it will be available on the day of launch but obviously not for anyone who did not click on the Windows 10 icon or did click and said they weren't interested.

Yeah it's not true, that's my point, they are just taking things out of context to get viewers.

So once this goes RTM and I update to it, will I just have to enter my Windows 8 key and it'll activate? Hope it's that simple.

So once this goes RTM and I update to it, will I just have to enter my Windows 8 key and it'll activate? Hope it's that simple.

I don't think you will have to enter any key. I think it will just upgrade and the new activation will be tied to your Microsoft account TBH

• Like 1

I prefer to have Start open on boot, but when I go into the Navigation settings, Show Start when I log in is greyed out. Any way around this? I'd much rather see a selection of programs to run than a blank desktop when I fire up the system.

Once it's released you'll have 2 options, if you've used 10158 and above with the e-mail you registered for the preview program with then you can just go on using that and getting pre-release builds which will most likely have bugs, if you want to use the actual, more stable, consumer release you'll need to re-install the previous OS and upgrade from that (unless MS will give us some kind of function to enter our old key and have the OS change to consumer but there's been no indication they intend to do so)