[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Make sure you are on your admin account... otherwise you won't see it.

It's listed as the admin account already.

Deleted the account and made a new one.

The options show up but it's set as the slow ring, changed that and nothing yet.

Soooo on 10162 I have zero options to change rings for slow or fast and cannot get the new build. I'm signed in with my registered account too.

Appears for me. Though there was a slight 500ms-1.2s delay for the "Get insider builds" section to appear/render. 

7JiFRVW.png

What happens when you select the. Chhose How Updates Are Delivered option?

It was just options for pcs on local network and on network connected to Internet. I deleted the account and redid it. It shows now. But stuck on slow ring.

All of these are still here in build 10166, with the exception of the fourth bullet.

In fact, bullet no. 2? seems to have gotten worse, with even more apps having messed up sizes.

2zdqeci.png

Here is what I get.

Apple sells more than just 6 and 6S. They are also selling 4S, 5C and 5S in India.

Fun fact: iPhone 4S is giving tough competition to low end Android brands here. :laugh:

They're still selling them here too :laugh:

They're not the main platforms though, Apple only ever push the main 2 hardware designs the the older ones get relegated to the background, and are only supported by virtue of users still owning them (That is, Apple doesn't go out of their way to support them, only because a lot of people still own them do they get updates)

They've talked about key areas where Lumia has been held back in my view, one of those was the speed at which they released newer phones, not so much more with slightly different specs but actual new devices, look at the long gap between the 930 and any possible 940 etc.   They talk about releasing faster, which is good, 8-12 months between flagship devices should be just right I'd say.

The other thing is any carrier exclusive deals, just kill those and release everything unlocked directly.

Start crashes and doesn't open on build 10166. Great job Microsoft, can't wait for RTM! It'll be golden!

/s

Seriously, I thought we were past this?

Start crashes and doesn't open on build 10166. Great job Microsoft, can't wait for RTM! It'll be golden!

/s

I am looking forward to RTM day if this is the best they're doing!, it will be glorious, not seen the like since Windows ME :D

/s

Also experiencing this, in addition to it being slow to open when it DOES work (along with the XAML based jumplists). 

I don't understand why MS office has the damn upload center for one drive files, when you have one drive either as a separate service or built in on newer versions... the damn upload center seems to f up constantly and end up in some way or another unable to upload or update files. Why can't office just use the regular one drive folder like every other application. 

No issue here on 10166. Used to have a bug where closing the battery indicator would make an error sound. Overall the build has been running fine.

Anyone have iTunes appearing twice when pinned to taskbar? I've tried uninstalling and removed all the Apple directories and looked in the AppData shortcuts and found no duplicates.

Anyone have iTunes appearing twice when pinned to taskbar? I've tried uninstalling and removed all the Apple directories and looked in the AppData shortcuts and found no duplicates.

Also have a weird bug with the taskbar, spotify icons appears 10seconds after my chrome and file explorer icon :s

Got rid of the whole onedrive integration :D

The documents and pictures folder to onedrive redirect drove me nuts...

qWbf3es.png

There's still a problem with the tiles. Each time we click start and move fast over a tile, the select box does not highlight the current tile, but the upper one. Clicking very fast will open the upper tile, and not the current one.

Did you tried pinning the new instance and unpinning the old one? That generally fixes the issue.

Also have a weird bug with the taskbar, spotify icons appears 10seconds after my chrome and file explorer icon :s

Got rid of the whole onedrive integration :D

The documents and pictures folder to onedrive redirect drove me nuts...

qWbf3es.png

Can you uninstall onedrive? Gotta try that.

There's still a problem with the tiles. Each time we click start and move fast over a tile, the select box does not highlight the current tile, but the upper one. Clicking very fast will open the upper tile, and not the current one.

Did you tried pinning the new instance and unpinning the old one? That generally fixes the issue.

Yes

Can you uninstall onedrive? Gotta try that.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1263764-removing-onedrive-folder-redirection-in-documents-and-pictures/

Above is for getting rid of onedrive pictures and documents redirection.

Here's a link for disabling onedrive iself after you've got rid of the redirection: http://www.howtogeek.com/167058/how-to-disable-skydrive-integration-in-windows-8.1/

• Like 1

Finally running build 10166.

Welcome to the future!

Was running OK for me last night and my lockups with windows explorer seem to be gone too.