[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Thought they were going to ditch the DVD and go for USB, why so big box then?

I think the USB bit is still a rumor, nothing official has been said.

But it would make sense considering the optical drives are getting more rare these days

I wouldn't say rare, I'm sure if they do offer a USB option, they will also offer DVDs as well.

You might only get a USB option through a MS store, I don't know if they'll do it via online, might just ship out DVDs that way, we'll know in a week or so.

But...How's it a RTM permanent license for Insiders if it requires post-RTM builds to continue?

It's a permanent license but that doesn't change the fact that the system updates and newer builds are forced :p

The Chrome beta channel now has the interface fix to look better in Windows 10.

It just fixes the borders

chrome_1.png

Finally :D :D :D

Now just update their design to something more flat and maybe square :p

And they should remove the ugly avatar button from the titlebar, somehow it's no longer possible with chrome://flags

• Like 1

Finally :D :D :D

Now just update their design to something more flat and maybe square :p

And they should remove the ugly avatar button from the titlebar, somehow it's no longer possible with chrome://flags

Would you mind sharing that 8K version of your background, please?

Windows Hello Face Recognition Demoed:

Also quick tip for those on W10 Mobile: 

Wifi now only toggles it on/off when tapped. However, long press wifi, bluetooth, vpn, settings and you go into the settings app to select from the list like in WP 8!

• Like 1

I REALLY hate the media sometimes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/07/10/free-windows-10-charges

Gordon Kelly and his "'Free' Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal" article 

and

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2945796/microsoft-windows/microsoft-to-provide-free-upgrades-to-windows-10-for-2-to-4-years.html

Gregg Keiser  and his article "Microsoft to provide free upgrades to Windows 10 for 2 to 4 years"

:no:

Keep in mind that this Gordon Kelly is the same guy who posted this crap:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/07/10/apple-ios-8-4-upgrade-risk/

Really, how the hell do such people get a job in the 'media'? he is the reason why I can't be bothered getting a subscription to online publications when *that* is what is provided as 'insightful opinion' and I'm expected to pay for crap like that.

Guess what? DWM is hacked on Windows 10, those thin borders? It is done with a trick:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Guess what? DWM is hacked on Windows 10, those thin borders? It is done with a trick:

Looks like microsoft used the same method for borderless windows as customizers did for years :p I remember disabling blur so I could use the shadow images as border images.

Of course they weren't thinner, that would break compatibility with so many applications. Not only that, a "real" thin border would be harder to resize as well.

Of course they weren't thinner, that would break compatibility with so many applications. Not only that, a "real" thin border would be harder to resize as well.

So... you're praising them for doing it this way? I have to say OSX's nearly borderless windows are not hard to resize at all.

That's because the logical border is thicker than the visual border, it extends outside the windows slightly (And extends inside too, over application controls)

So... you're praising them for doing it this way? I have to say OSX's nearly borderless windows are not hard to resize at all.

Yes, like I stated it's the best method as it doesn't cause any visual problems with legacy apps as some other methods do.

Like The_Decryptor stated, the side hitbox on OS X applications is what makes it easy to grab and resize. There's a little area to the left and right of the edges that you can grab onto. By making the borders invisible, they retain the same hitbox as previous versions of window.

Yes, like I stated it's the best method as it doesn't cause any visual problems with legacy apps as some other methods do.

Like The_Decryptor stated, the side hitbox on OS X applications is what makes it easy to grab and resize. There's a little area to the left and right of the edges that you can grab onto. By making the borders invisible, they retain the same hitbox as previous versions of window.

Indeed and not to forget we need this hitbox for touchscreens, that osx has a smaller hitborder is fine since osx doesn't has support for touchscreens anyway.

Indeed and not to forget we need this hitbox for touchscreens, that osx has a smaller hitborder is fine since osx doesn't has support for touchscreens anyway.

Mouse users should get the option of a small one though.