[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I really want to see another build of this cos 10166 is crap for me, Windows Explorer is locking up at random and restarting, video stop at random in the Film and TV app saying the file is in use....yes it is in use...BY THE FILM AND TV APP!

It only shows up if you have the hardware that supports each type.

Nice video demoing the realsense camera unlock, it really is as fast as it was shown on the stage.

*snipped*

This is the only camera that supports it at the moment but it's supposed to be developer only....you know...like the Oculus was ;)

http://click.intel.com/intel-realsense-developer-kit.html

that make perfect sense now

i  just renumber seeing that option in my laptop which has both camera and fingerprint scanner

I really want to see another build of this cos 10166 is crap for me, Windows Explorer is locking up at random and restarting, video stop at random in the Film and TV app saying the file is in use....yes it is in use...BY THE FILM AND TV APP!

sounds like different hardware configuration

this build is working perfectly for "me" :p or got to be the best so far (9968 or something was garbage)

that make perfect sense now

i  just renumber seeing that option in my laptop which has both camera and fingerprint scanner

sounds like different hardware configuration

this build is working perfectly for "me" :p or got to be the best so far (9968 or something was garbage)

My hardware hasn't changed. I've been testing the builds on the same PC and it's not done this so far until this build, I'm suspecting it's another application that's running but I can't see which one is doing it.

2ih4cif.png

2nnb50.png

It was happening before I installed the Pin More app though

This is all I've got running in the background, nothing bizarre in there.

TV9ZCYU.png

Chrome

Steam

Mega Upload

AIDA64

Avast AV

Malwarebytes

OneDrive

Rainmeter

Download Ninja

This is all I've got running in the background, nothing bizarre in there.

TV9ZCYU.png

Chrome

Steam

Mega Upload

AIDA64

Avast AV

Malwarebytes

OneDrive

Rainmeter

Download Ninja

Any odd services running?

I have been having trouble with Edge locking up also and I usually have to hit control, alt and delete to get out. I'm using the same machine as I have since the beta started nothing changed. But on this build 10166 it does lock up.

Another updates for Weather, News, Sport and Finances without release notes.

Looks like previous versions didn't fix weather forecast that wasn't updating after an app restored from suspension. No word on this problem now as well.

I prefer it to Cortana. It's more ermm privet?

It's spyware? It's also discontinued...

i am hoping they give back the option to turn off conversation mode in the email app....no idea why that was removed :(

Anyone noticed that, even though Windows 10 has a calendar installed by default, it won't let you choose it in the default apps as a calendar? Fancy upvoting it in feedback, someone has already reported it.

(Just re-installed 10166 by the way, will stick with the prescribed drivers for now I think)

• Like 2

Anyone here know if I can have the file explorer look the same as it did it win 7?

Maybe you should try OldNewExplorer if you want to remove the ribbon from File Explorer (and thus restoring the command bar like in Windows 7). :)

• Like 2

Anyone here know if I can have the file explorer look the same as it did it win 7?

In what way? If you go to Folder Options you can change the default open location from Quick Access to This PC. You can most likely remove the Quick Access section in the top of the location panel on the left via a registry tweak.

What's up with the built-in UWP apps? I noticed it more and more that not only some of then start and display their contents instantly, but often even their states are saved the same way you've left it (like with OneNote, you pick up exactly where you left it), same with the rest of the Office apps, and more.

Not only that, but the experience is shared with the mobile counterpart too, you'll be see a lot less "resuming" going on, and a lot less apps being put into a "have to wait for it to recover" suspend state. Meaning that you'll have almost all of the open apps still visible in the recent apps list in mobile builds.

Now this is what I call quite the evolution with Windows Runtime! :D

Anyone know if there is a guide or script (powershell) to remove the otherwise unremoveable modern apps? Things like Music, Xbox, Calendar, Mail, etc? I have no use for them and I cannot find a way to remove them from Start without uninstalling which is annoing.

Anyone know if there is a guide or script (powershell) to remove the otherwise unremoveable modern apps? Things like Music, Xbox, Calendar, Mail, etc? I have no use for them and I cannot find a way to remove them from Start without uninstalling which is annoing.

Can't you just right click on them and unpin from Start? I tried it and it works fine.

It only takes about 10 seconds to right click them all and remove them from the menu, hardly a showstopper

While that works, when you create a new account they will come back.

This isn't the final product, it'll be fixed in the end. Plus I believe that is a left over issue when doing an upgrade between builds.