[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

25 minutes ago, George P said:

Does this build fix the issues some have with 14366?   I also expect another build next week, if not two.

It does not take so long to run an exe with this build. There may may 2 every week since the final release is less than a month away.

i noticed new setting option in Windows Update (build 14367)

"use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update"

or is it their from before ???

8 minutes ago, Ci7 said:

i noticed new setting option in Windows Update (build 14367)

"use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update"

or is it their from before ???

Started with 14291 iirc...so yea...fairly new.

I am running insider 14371 on my 950XL in the US and don't see the new Wallet app (version is not 2.0). Is the app just not available yet or something funky going on with store again?

I am also missing the new Ringtone Maker app, keep on getting the older version from store. :/

LOL...almost 24 hrs after I started complaining everywhere (twitter, reddit and then here), the ringtone maker app suddenly received an update and now I have the new version.

8 hours ago, BajiRav said:

LOL...almost 24 hrs after I started complaining everywhere (twitter, reddit and then here), the ringtone maker app suddenly received an update and now I have the new version.

So we all have to complain more I guess?

16 minutes ago, George P said:

The store was updated again, think it looks more cleaner now.

printscreen maybe?

5 hours ago, UnclePritchard said:

printscreen maybe?

I don't have the build handy to take screenshots, but I saw this one.

ClrmiP7XEAARJH5.jpg:large

• Like 2

Got a nice update to the Photos app. Toolbar icon labels are now shown to the right instead of hidden underneath. Preview images for DNG files are also recognized now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zhangm said:

Got a nice update to the Photos app. Toolbar icon labels are now shown to the right instead of hidden underneath. Preview images for DNG files are also recognized now.

Thanks for the heads-up, just checked store for updates and there it was!

MICROSOFT_KILLED_MESSAGING_EVERYWHERE :( NOOOOOO! 

I can't believe it. 

1 hour ago, Ian S. said:

I can't believe it. 

It sounds like they did, and they didn't.   It sounds to me like they're going to put it into Skype?   I hear the new SKype UWP app is coming along nicely, so if it's a good app then I can see it working out fine that way.

1 hour ago, Ian S. said:

I can't believe it. 

Seriously...WTF are they doing with this? Make a decision and stick to it. I am so used to receiving and making Skype calls from the Messaging app that I was already unhappy with RS builds but the Messaging Everywhere was their saving grace (kind of)

51 minutes ago, George P said:

It sounds like they did, and they didn't.   It sounds to me like they're going to put it into Skype?   I hear the new SKype UWP app is coming along nicely, so if it's a good app then I can see it working out fine that way.

I can't believe they are putting any faith in the incompetent Skype team. The blog post makes me think that Skype UWP won't make the AU release date and we will have the barely functional Skype app for many months.

Just now, BajiRav said:

Seriously...WTF are they doing with this? Make a decision and stick to it. I am so used to receiving and making Skype calls from the Messaging app that I was already unhappy with RS builds but the Messaging Everywhere was their saving grace (kind of)

I can't believe they are putting any faith in the incompetent Skype team. The blog post makes me think that Skype UWP won't make the AU release date and we will have the barely functional Skype app for many months.

There's a newer SKype app, I don't think it's out but I've seen screens posted of it, well on mobile that is,  I think it's an internal build atm and not out to insiders yet.   I hear it's pretty good, so we'll wait and see.    I'm with you, someone needs to step in and take control of Skype instead of letting it do it's own thing, maybe that's finally happening though?

Since I moved over to Android and don't have a W10M phone I can't really test this, doesn't android need Cortana to get this to work btw or am I off?

1 hour ago, George P said:

There's a newer SKype app, I don't think it's out but I've seen screens posted of it, well on mobile that is,  I think it's an internal build atm and not out to insiders yet.   I hear it's pretty good, so we'll wait and see.    I'm with you, someone needs to step in and take control of Skype instead of letting it do it's own thing, maybe that's finally happening though?

Since I moved over to Android and don't have a W10M phone I can't really test this, doesn't android need Cortana to get this to work btw or am I off?

But integrating SMS into Skype is somewhat confusing. Apple's Messages app handles the iMessage and SMS, iMessage does not handle iMessages and SMS. 

5 hours ago, Ian S. said:

But integrating SMS into Skype is somewhat confusing. Apple's Messages app handles the iMessage and SMS, iMessage does not handle iMessages and SMS. 

MS might just decide to make Skype the only app and get rid of the basic Messages app going forward?  If you don't sign in with a skype for example it could just default to sms only.

So, did the upgrade to the latest Insider Preview on the fast ring. Everything looks fine... except restart and shut down don't work now. The PC's power button doesn't work to shut down the PC now.

Any thoughts or ways to fix this? Or do I have to refresh the PC and start anew?

EDIT: Turned off fast startup and oddly they're working now. Yay!

Edited by Boo Berry

5 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Is it just me, or is Chrome (when maximized) cut off on the top and bottom (looks like they extend outside by a few pixels)?

No, you are definitely right.  Cut off by ~3-5 pixels maybe?

14 minutes ago, ToneKnee said:

No, you are definitely right.  Cut off by ~3-5 pixels maybe?

Well, yes. It looks like it extends out of frame on the top, and several pixels below the border of the taskbar on the bottom.

I wonder if there's any open Chrome bugs regarding this one.

i'm glad someone else has noticed it! It's been driving me insane the last couple of hours!

I wonder if it's got something to do with the changes they might have done to scaling/DPI?   Are you guys running at 100% or at something higher?

Also, knowing MS, and how quick they've sped things up in this final stretch, I expect another build to hit fast ring before the weekend.