[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

You'll know if 14390 is final or not if they start using the delta and pushing out smaller patches, till then we could get another build.    You'll only know for sure once you see something like 14390.1001 or 14390.1004  etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George P said:

You'll know if 14390 is final or not if they start using the delta and pushing out smaller patches, till then we could get another build.    You'll only know for sure once you see something like 14390.1001 or 14390.1004  etc.

What do you mean by "the delta"?

16 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

What do you mean by "the delta"?

The other string of numbers after the build number is the delta.   Like right now, the public build is at 10586.494, 494 is the delta which is the part that changes every month when we get a new cumulative update.    The only way to know if 14390 is the final RS1 build is if MS sticks to it and we start to see something like 14390.xxxx come out.    Even though they pick a final build for release, they're still going to be patching it, that's where the delta in the build string comes into play.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, George P said:

The other string of numbers after the build number is the delta.   Like right now, the public build is at 10586.494, 494 is the delta which is the part that changes every month when we get a new cumulative update.    The only way to know if 14390 is the final RS1 build is if MS sticks to it and we start to see something like 14390.xxxx come out.    Even though they pick a final build for release, they're still going to be patching it, that's where the delta in the build string comes into play.

Got it, Thank-you for explaining :)

24 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Rumors say that Windows 10 build 14390 is RTM

According to rumors circulating on the internet, Microsoft is going to sign off Windows 10 build 14390 as the RTM build of Anniversary Update. This marks the end of the development cycle of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, known as version 1607 or Redstone 1.

No Dona says the build 14390 is not the RTM version

1 minute ago, ffm76600 said:

No Dona says the build 14390 is not the RTM version

Maybe that is why it says Rumors. Sometimes they are true. I know what Dona said

2 minutes ago, ffm76600 said:

And I see this now :

"haha, we have more builds coming"

That is good as this one is not ready for prime time. Build 14388 was better.

40 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

That is good as this one is not ready for prime time. Build 14388 was better.

Could you be any more vague? What is better?

46 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Maybe that is why it says Rumors. Sometimes they are true. I know what Dona said

Backpedaling on your part. You were so sure it was rtm that you said it as if it were a fact, not a rumor. Dona says otherwise and yet you decide to post a BS link? Yeah right. You are just trying to save face from earlier. 

23 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Could you be any more vague? What is better?

Backpedaling on your part. You were so sure it was rtm that you said it as if it were a fact, not a rumor. Dona says otherwise and yet you decide to post a BS link? Yeah right. You are just trying to save face from earlier. 

No I just found that link so I posted it. Since you seem to know it all you should know what is different and there would be no need for me to tell you/

25 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No I just found that link so I posted it. Since you seem to know it all you should know what is different and there would be no need for me to tell you/

I do know what is different. It's not the release build, period. So maybe you should stop misleading others. 

Edge still sucks right now. I thought the whole point of Edge was to have it be an app that could be updated separately of the OS. I don't think that has ever happened. One feature I just realized was missing from Edge (because I use it so rarely) is not auto-playing any videos. Chrome automatically stops Youtube videos from playing so I can open a lot of them in new tabs queue them up to watch. 

Rumor has it that a new build will be released between 12 and 12:30PM Redmond time. This will go to the fast Ring and more than likely will be the final RS1 release. This means within the hour..

26 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I saw nothing saying that. Care to link directly to it?

Scroll down till you see this.  And watch it and the posts below. At this point I do not know it is past that time frame.

ds.PNG

A few more Hours @adrynalyne

On 7/16/2016 at 9:45 PM, Ian S. said:

Edge still sucks right now. I thought the whole point of Edge was to have it be an app that could be updated separately of the OS. I don't think that has ever happened. One feature I just realized was missing from Edge (because I use it so rarely) is not auto-playing any videos. Chrome automatically stops Youtube videos from playing so I can open a lot of them in new tabs queue them up to watch. 

Not sure I agree. I've been using Firefox since 10 came out. However, with the recent RS releases I've been using Edge and I find it rock solid and fast.

14393 is coming, and it looks like it's the final/RTM build, this gives them a good bit of time to find and fix any bugs to make it super stable before August 2nd.

Just now, George P said:

14393 is coming, and it looks like it's the final/RTM build, this gives them a good bit of time to find and fix any bugs to make it super stable before August 2nd.

I think I already posted something to that effect.

50 minutes ago, shockz said:

Downloading 14393 from Windows Update now. Will be converting the ESD to a WIM and reinstalling via WDS.

My esd was corrupted probably because I moved it.