[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Source: Windows Blog.

Rumors say that Windows 10 build 14393 is the RTM build.This can be possible, because the only one known issue will be fixed by a patch delivered via Windows Update. Also, as of this writing, no official statement exist that Insiders will get more builds in near future.

26 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Source: Windows Blog.

Rumors say that Windows 10 build 14393 is the RTM build.This can be possible, because the only one known issue will be fixed by a patch delivered via Windows Update. Also, as of this writing, no official statement exist that Insiders will get more builds in near future.

The last time an rtm build was released to insiders, it was not labeled as an insider preview on Windows Update. This one was. 

14 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

The last time an rtm build was released to insiders, it was not labeled as an insider preview on Windows Update. This one was. 

This one as I know it has a minor bug which can be fixed visa a Windows Update. This is not my opinion but that of Windows Blog.

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This one as I know it has a minor bug which can be fixed visa a Windows Update. This is not my opinion but that of Windows Blog.

Wanna make it interesting with a monetary wager?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Wanna make it interesting with a monetary wager?

Ha! I was only basing my info on what was in the Windows Blog. Most people are saying it should be 14400. I do not see why it matters they can use any number.

11 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Ha! I was only basing my info on what was in the Windows Blog. Most people are saying it should be 14400. I do not see why it matters they can use any number.

Aww, you are no fun ;)

i dont know know if it's rtm or not. I just suspect it isn't. 

It would be cool, if on the install screen instead of saying "Working on updates" it would say "Installing Windows 10 Anniversary update"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

It would be cool, if on the install screen instead of saying "Working on updates" it would say "Installing Windows 10 Anniversary update"

Someone needs to tweet that to Dona like seriously.

2 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Someone needs to tweet that to Dona like seriously.

Haven't used twitter a lot, but hope I just tweeted her.

There are these little things that still bug me. For example, why doesn't the Photos app have the OneDrive features of being able to search with context (like photos from last year that I sent to David from Hawaii)? Also, Movies and TV doesn't seem to have Taskbar controls. The Right click menus are still overly filled up (needs to use ALT as an advanced modifier like OSX does with the Option key) and why does tablet mode still not have the option to swipe from the edge to switch apps. Another thing thing that bugs me is why does Control Panel still exist and why do apps like Settings need a splash screen? Sure, consistency, but Settings is technically an app to modify things about other apps and the OS, so I think it should be as quick as possible.

Oh and why does the "Close" tooltip still have the old Windows 9X style after 21 freaking years? Ugh they need and entire release to just focus on UX fixes.

Me too on x64 and x86 systems.

9 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176925)

Just got the above!

rrrr.PNG

16 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176925)

Just got the above!

rrrr.PNG

hm I got 14393.0.. where does this .3 come from? this 6925 update you say?

That cumulative update referred to above.

Question - have any of the Insider ISOs allowed a crossgrade (from Core or Home ->Pro, Enterprise, or Education)?  I'm asking because of eligible (feature-wise) portable and AIO PCs that went Home strictly to be cheap (OEM decision).

47 minutes ago, UnclePritchard said:

hm I got 14393.0.. where does this .3 come from? this 6925 update you say?

You have to be a Windows Insider member or wait until August 2nd,

33 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

That cumulative update referred to above.

Question - have any of the Insider ISOs allowed a crossgrade (from Core or Home ->Pro, Enterprise, or Education)?  I'm asking because of eligible (feature-wise) portable and AIO PCs that went Home strictly to be cheap (OEM decision).

If you were running Wind 7, 8, 8.1 Pro you will update to Windows 10 Pro. If you want Enterprise , you may have to pay.

You can try the tool below and download an ISO and then see if it will activate. Image your system first!

Download Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool - MajorGeeks

14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You have to be a Windows Insider member or wait until August 2nd,

oh wait.. I am on Slow.. it must be that

3 hours ago, Gary7 said:

If you were running Wind 7, 8, 8.1 Pro you will update to Windows 10 Pro. If you want Enterprise , you may have to pay.

You can try the tool below and download an ISO and then see if it will activate. Image your system first!

In my case, I'm talking about an existing Windows 10 PC (non-Insider); the issue is that, despite the Core i3 inside it, the OEM went cheap and loaded Core on it; I'm looking to crossgrade (keeping existing files and settings, but change the SKU to Pro preferably).  Will the ISOs let you do that?

3 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I had the highest brand of Windows 7 and tried that way to go to Pro. It didn't allow for Win 10 Pro. But most tell me I don't need Pro.

3 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

I had the highest brand of Windows 7 and tried that way to go to Pro. It didn't allow for Win 10 Pro. But most tell me I don't need Pro.

Hyper-V requires Pro or Enterprise; it's not supported in Education, Core, or Home.