[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Umm I wouldn't do that... it might break icon associations as Windows 10 is changing nearly all of them, but... http://1drv.ms/1PvBnoJ

Thanks a lot. BTW, it didn't break anything on my desktop. I've used the icons from 10041 and 10049. Maybe even older builds. :D

Is the fast ring still bugged as hell?

Last time it got stuck on about 20 hours of updating / configuring the new build and I had to kill off the VM.

Also, do you have to be on the fast ring in order to get app / store updates?

No, it's one app that is open. You can only open one calc at a time(its muti screen cap layered). Spartan already prove windows\modern\metro apps can have muti windows. 

So did the Photos app too! Even a few builds back, you were able to launch it from a pinned location while launching a separate instance when directly opening a photo.

Speaking of Photos app, the slideshow mode works really great, it auto-sets it in full screen, before it did not.

hmmm ? I click the phone or people tile ...

On mine people just crashes :( IDK why. On my 521 I can't even update.

No problems with Spartan here - in fact, it's the default (and it wasn't on 10051 Pro, which I upgraded from).

Further, it does NOT use the same keys as 10051 Pro.

No problems with Spartan here - in fact, it's the default (and it wasn't on 10051 Pro, which I upgraded from).

Further, it does NOT use the same keys as 10051 Pro.

Is 10056's Start not opening after three clicks for you? I have to restart explorer.exe every_single_time.

Hi guys,

Those who installed build 10056, Can apps like calculator have multiple instances open at the same time ?

I mean, Can you open more than one calculator window ?

I found one bug that caused me to rollback to 10051

programs weren't opening from the start menu unless I ran them as admin.

I mean, I know what I'm doing, but I don't need UAC popping up when I open Microsoft Word, mIRC or Kodi

Apparently Project Spartan will get to crash when you're typing in the address bar if you don't have the Indexing Service enabled.
I know that Samsung Magician will mostly disable it since it deems it not so useful on SSD's.

Well that is good to know. <<

Is 10056's Start not opening after three clicks for you? I have to restart explorer.exe every_single_time.

I am getting that sometimes. The perils of installing a leaked build i suppose.

EDIT: I turned indexing back on and just made it index my E: drive and spartan is working fine now...

Some windows apps have different sizes now. 

asdas.jpg

That looks awful TBH. Why do windows need shrunk down to the point of uselessness?

That looks awful TBH. Why do windows need shrunk down to the point of uselessness?

pretty sure it's still being worked on. Calc\voice is the only app that can be re-sized that small. 

Not to mention it's really less about content and more about the chrome. The opposite of what the Metro/Modern language design was all about.

Because it isn't useless?  What is useful about a huge calculator (unless you have visual impairment).  The output font size appears to be the same as when the calculator is larger...isn't that the most important aspect?

What is useless about giving the end user the freedom to adjust the size to where they want it?  Not sure why you're so anti-choice?  I'm glad to see this change.  Hopefully they will now address multiple instances and the slow loading times.

Because it isn't useless?  What is useful about a huge calculator (unless you have visual impairment).  The output font size appears to be the same as when the calculator is larger...isn't that the most important aspect?

What is useless about giving the end user the freedom to adjust the size to where they want it?  Not sure why you're so anti-choice?  I'm glad to see this change.  Hopefully they will now address multiple instances and the slow loading times.

Huge? How is this huge? Is your resolution still 800x600?

post-420821-0-98971400-1428776103.png

Not a single problem with Start failing to open. And not in either bare-metal upgrade (both over 10051).

Hi guys,

Those who installed build 10056, Can apps like calculator have multiple instances open at the same time ?

I mean, Can you open more than one calculator window ?

no

Huge? How is this huge? Is your resolution still 800x600?

attachicon.gifScreenshot (26) - Copy.png

Yes, when compared to the old calculator...yes.  I've already been through this ... just glad they are allowing it to be re-sized to something I'd rather use.  You know...options.

Now give it back features that the old calculator had and allow multiple instances...and we'll be all set.

,,,,and fix the slow loading (that Modern UI applications suffer from).

,,,,and fix the slow loading (that Modern UI applications suffer from).

Calc is instant load now.

The new cal,video preview,music preview, outlook load pretty fast now and almost instant. 

Calc is instant load now.

The new cal,video preview,music preview, outlook load pretty fast now and almost instant. 

Don't get my hopes up now. :)

Don't get my hopes up now. :)

The animations are super slick :D

I don't know about you, but I have no need for a calculator that big. :p

It's not that big