[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

It's not that big

to you maybe.

...and why does it matter?  You can keep it the size you want?

I vid i made of the new apps loading, differently a lot faster than older builds. 

That is progress.  Thanks!

I vid i made of the new apps loading, differently a lot faster than older builds. 

Wow. I guess, you've a supercomputer, lol. What are the specs of your PC ? 

A quick question to the guys, who installed 10056:-

Are you able to download & install language packs from Control Panel or Settings apps in 10056

There's no need to install it, just check if other languages are available to install like Russian, since it's a leaked build.

I'm asking this, because WZor has leaked x86 Russian version.  And I want to change language from Russian to English after installation.

A quick question to the guys, who installed 10056:-

Are you able to download & install language packs from Control Panel or Settings apps in 10056

There's no need to install it, just check if other languages are available to install like Russian, since it's a leaked build.

I'm asking this, because WZor has leaked x86 Russian version.  And I want to change language from Russian to English after installation.

The ISO I downloaded was x64 with English build 10056, so it may be different from the Russian 32 bit version.

The ISO I downloaded was x64 with English build 10056, so it may be different from the Russian 32 bit version.

I know, x86 is different from x64. But Update system is same.

As I asked, "Are you able to download & install language packs from Control Panel or Settings apps in 10056 ? "

So, Can you please check ? 

I know, x86 is different from x64. But Update system is same.

As I asked, "Are you able to download & install language packs from Control Panel or Settings apps in 10056 ? "

So, Can you please check ? 

You are able to, yes, but it is only limited mostly to handwriting, typing, text-to-speech and speech recognition, but besides those you can't change the display language, since no language has that within Optional Features.

Also, is anyone also getting empty messages within the new Mail app in build 10056?

You are able to, yes, but it is only limited mostly to handwriting, typing, text-to-speech and speech recognition, but besides those you can't change the display language, since no language has that within Optional Features.

OK, Thanks for reply. I guess, now I've to wait for official Insider build.  :/

OK, Thanks for reply. I guess, now I've to wait for official Insider build.  :/

You're welcome, and yeah, the language pack that was leaked was 64-bit type too. The newer leaked ones were the server one and the Enterprise one, both 64-bit and build 10056.

Has anyone installed the Preview on the 521?

There is a topic for the Tech preview for phones in the Windows Phone section, it may be more adequate to go there.

There is a topic for the Tech preview for phones in the Windows Phone section, it may be more adequate to go there.

I created this thread for Windows 10 Technical Preview not Windows 10 Desktop-only... just sayin' 

Well, I don't have a 521, but I did install the TP on my Lumia 820. I don't know if I can clear up any of your questions.

Want darkmode?

1. Open regedit (WIN+R)
  2. Navigate to: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize
  3. Create a new DWORD (32-bit)
  4. Name it "SystemUsesLightTheme"
  5. Set its value to 0

darkmode.jpg?itok=oheLaL2Y

• Like 2

And Windows 10 is unified, so we should unify our threads too :)

I don't have a 521, but I've heard the build is laggy. I just have a Lumia 928 for testing.

I disagree. I don't own a Windows phone and probably never will. Therefor I couldn't care less about seeing anything on it.

Also having separate threads for them will allow for more focused discussion and it will be easier to find relevant information.

I just updated my 521! It worked w/ configuration update and a rollback to Windows Phone 8.1. FYI.

There are two People apps, People and People Legacy.

I disagree. I don't own a Windows phone and probably never will. Therefor I couldn't care less about seeing anything on it.

Also having separate threads for them will allow for more focused discussion and it will be easier to find relevant information.

Currently, this is *the* thread for everything Windows 10. I mean just because you don't like it means that everyone has to keep track of two threads and two different conversations about the same stuff?  

• Like 2

Currently, this is *the* thread for everything Windows 10. I mean just because you don't like it means that everyone has to keep track of two threads and two different conversations about the same stuff?  

I agree. I enjoy reading all about Windows 10 in this thread.

On that note, installed the preview on my 920 in the weekend. It's quite a laggy experience and it used about 90% battery with the post-install process. With all the debug flags and extra background things going on (metrics tracking for the preview builds etc) it's pretty much as expected. 

The good news is, the first thing that happened when I tried Project Spartan was a notification from the Insider app: "How do you like the address bar placement in Project Spartan?" (paraphrasing). Hopefully they listen to all the feedback about having the bar on bottom as an option on small devices.

while tge OS is unified, having phone issues and discussion in a separate thread makes good sense, ans use this thread for common discussion and issues.