[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Sorry if this has been brought up before but can anyone change their Ethernet IPv4 settings?  I cannot get into it's properties to change my DNS settings :(

You can fix it by going into Device Manager and deleting the network device.  When you scan for changes, it will put the device back.  And it will now magically work again.

You can fix it by going into Device Manager and deleting the network device.  When you scan for changes, it will put the device back.  And it will now magically work again.

umm, nope.

umm, nope.

Try deleting all of the network devices you see under network in the Device Manager (Right click your start menu icon and click device manager).  It worked for me on several machines.  If there is a Hyper-V installed, it can cause issues.  I would remove hyper-v and re-add it.

Windows 10 feels sorta like longhorn, in that they are changing a lot of the look and feel of Windows. It feels pre-alpha to the point where they might just say screw it and start over.

• Like 2

Windows 10 feels sorta like longhorn, in that they are changing a lot of the look and feel of Windows. It feels pre-alpha to the point where they might just say screw it and start over.

uhh... where you even around for longhorn ? and look and feel wasn't the reason for the longhorn reboot.

as for the 10 GUI changes, they're more like constant tweaks than changes. the only parts that's really undergoing any major changes right now is the touch/tablet version, and it's again, mostly tweaking to add in 8.1 functionality to the revised 10 UX without creating two completely different UI paradigms. 

• Like 3

Try deleting all of the network devices you see under network in the Device Manager (Right click your start menu icon and click device manager).  It worked for me on several machines.  If there is a Hyper-V installed, it can cause issues.  I would remove hyper-v and re-add it.

No. not even when deleting the BT stuff as well. 

Normally if they make a big jump in builds it's because they hit some milestone and either locked something down or added something big or a bunch of things to the builds.  We'll have to see just how new the 101xx builds are from now on.

@Ci7 There won't be a "consumer preview". People claimed the Technical Preview 2 build to be a Consumer Preview, didn't happen, and as the Technical Previews are planned to go beyond Windows 10 for Redstone, it won't happen either.

Anyway, I think that either 10065 or 10100 is going to be the next build for Insiders, just lke we did get 9926 the build before 10000 for the TP2 stage.

the joy, so i would get to move directly to Redstone  yey! :D

They've stated there is no CP. 

(Y) was a bit out of the loop

It's already the 18th, I think any build that comes out will be at BUILD on the 29th or 30th, so people should keep their expectations low.  Now a leak of 10061 or something newer could happen, still no screenshots out either.

uhh... where you even around for longhorn ? and look and feel wasn't the reason for the longhorn reboot.

Oh thank heavens, this. I am so tired of Windows 10 being compared to "Longhorn." Aside from a few features and use of XAML, I am not seeing how the two are comparable. "Longhorn," conceptually, surpasses Windows 10 in some areas (e.g., resolution-independent desktop); the latter surpasses the former in some areas as well (e.g., native support for modern hardware such as 3D printers and interface adaptation based on device types). As far as Windows releases go, Windows Vista is, as one would expect, the closest to "Longhorn" in terms of its appearance and functionality.

The illustration below is an example of what I am alluding to. Reports state that "Longhorn" would offer pen-optimized skins, but there is nothing to suggest that the OS would optimize the desktop interface based on the type of input, which is what Windows 10 does.

post-483058-0-54540000-1429390086.png

post-483058-0-54540000-1429390086.png

As far as I remember in 8.1 context menus behave similarly, but for me enlarged menus didn't work some odd times when using touch and that translated to pre 9926 builds as well.

I think we'll get an 10100+ build since this is a new milestone to get us ready for RTM.

If they are still adding a Faster Ring, then maybe there will be man more builds out from now (Build 2015) to Summer (RTM or GA).

If they are still adding a Faster Ring, then maybe there will be man more builds out from now (Build 2015) to Summer (RTM or GA).

Quite possibly!

Also, does anyone else think that Windows Redstone is a nod towards Minecraft?

It's always interesting when they have a jump like that, wonder what new stuff might have been added in these 10100 builds and what they've decided to hold off on till redstone in 2016.

Looks like a repeat of Windows 8. Just substitute red (stone) for blue (8.1).