[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

welp upgraded to the latest build... now my Microsoft account doesn't work at all... it asked me to log in with it, it logged in windows restarted then asked me to log in again and now it tells me that my MS account is no longer available to use... and all my access to MS sites with that same credential now don't work either... what the heck did this do now... worst part is losing MSDN access... have to see who can fix this there...

That sounds scary. I just hooked up a proper MS account to the newest build seeing as how it is about to go live. 

Wish you luck on fixing this! Keep us updated on this issue!

I expect to see 2, maybe 3 builds drop in June.  When all they're doing is bug fixing and testing then they'll release them quicker.  No new features coming till post RTM, probably in the rumored fall update followed by the redstone updates next year.

Doesn't Windows Hello still have to be implemented?

It's in there, I believe it's already in 10122, if you have hardware that can use it.

welp upgraded to the latest build... now my Microsoft account doesn't work at all... it asked me to log in with it, it logged in windows restarted then asked me to log in again and now it tells me that my MS account is no longer available to use... and all my access to MS sites with that same credential now don't work either... what the heck did this do now... worst part is losing MSDN access... have to see who can fix this there...

Contact their chat support, they're excellent at fixing problems quickly. 

There is one serious bug which was present even in previous build. I can not open any "downloaded" office (Office 2010) files from any browser, new or stored old. I can open only files copied from USB stick or created locally. It gives me some error-alert box about permissions or low free space on disk. Files are not damaged, with Open Office there is no problem as well as in another system. Anyone ? Reinstalling Office didn't help.

What does this action center icon mean? I am referring to the - badge on it.

some kind of notification "silent/sleep mode"? notifications turned off?

I expect to see 2, maybe 3 builds drop in June. When all they're doing is bug fixing and testing then they'll release them quicker. No new features coming till post RTM, probably in the rumored fall update followed by the redstone updates next year.

Windows 10 is still missing features

Windows 10 is still missing features

And anything that is missing, that they showed at least that isn't in there already, will come later, they've said as much.   All the stuff they've officially talked about OS wise is in the newest build from what I can tell, it's only apps and so on, like Edge, that don't have everything they talked about yet.

nice find, I didn't even notice that until I opened File Explorer on 10122 and compared the two

Are they the same as Windows 7 or new icons as i like them far better?

Actually does the Downloads folder arrow look different to Windows 7, possible changes to even the File manager icon on the taskbar and top left corner of that window too?

Looks like we may have more new icons enroute!!! :)

Ugh, I still wish the Win32 apps had some kind of 1px outline around the title bar widgets. They look so misplaced with nothing outlining them. They looked better on Win8 despite the placement being the same precisely because there was an outline making them look much more rectangular.

I know, so hopefully we're in for another set.

It seems to be the icon set from that screenshot from that survey a while ago.

Build 10122 finally has the hidden taskbar pop up "over" the "full screen window in use" like it was designed prior...real annoying when I have to reduce window to get access to task bar functions...desktop mode....this release doesn't play well with ATI graphics....other than that, runs great.... :)

I know, so hopefully we're in for another set.

Normally, I couldn't care less about icons. We have had some pretty bad ones all the way back from very early windows, 3.1,95,98, NT 3.5 and 4, gradually got better up to Win7 and somewhat Win8. At Win 7, it seems we had a really good icon set and win32/64 vendor software icons were artwork. Now with the changes in Win10, I really notice the bad icons when they are beside my good vendor ones. I'll wait till RTM but I may be seriously looking for base win icon replacements because in desktop mode, it is really an eye sore....hope for the best I guess...cheers.. :s .

They're probably going to be working on the final icon sets more from now on, as we get more polishing and less big changes.  I still expect these to be a work in progress, expect other icon changes post-RTM with RedStone.

it's nice to see them toning down the icon colors in newer builds.... some of them seemed WAY over saturated... especially the cyan and yellows they used..

Still can't minimize modern (Music) apps and have it run in the background correctly.  As long as we are worried about the icons though... ;)

Yay for new AMD drivers!