[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

hey peeps anyone pinned a short-cut to start and found it all out of focus and stupidly big is this a bug 

hey peeps anyone pinned a short-cut to start and found it all out of focus and stupidly big is this a bug 

Yes, it's been discussed a few times in the pages previous to this.

windows 9 didnt make much wave like the 8 or 10 version.

Flame bait. Troll somewhere else. Windows 9, laughing my face off on that one.....stick to the topic.

Does anyone anything about sms integration with windows mobile also anything about skype being more integrated, maybe with sms, skype messages and maybe even facebook messages?

Tried installing 10074 but all i get a black screen after the reboot. Wondering if its video card or anti-virus..

The in-place upgrade method for upgrading to newer builds via Windows Update is badly broken. I've tried several times to upgrade

to the latest build (10122) from the last one. It point blank refuses to complete the installation, rolls back, and displays an error.

If this the way Microsoft want testers to install new builds, and for regular users to get big system updates after RTM, the boffins

at Redmond have a LOT of work to do fix thius thing. At this stage, the feature should be working near-perfectly ... it isn't.

The in-place upgrade method for upgrading to newer builds via Windows Update is badly broken. I've tried several times to upgrade

to the latest build (10122) from the last one. It point blank refuses to complete the installation, rolls back, and displays an error.

If this the way Microsoft want testers to install new builds, and for regular users to get big system updates after RTM, the boffins

at Redmond have a LOT of work to do fix thius thing. At this stage, the feature should be working near-perfectly ... it isn't.

First off, what GPU do you have on the hardware in question?  (I have a similar issue with Baby Pavilion, which has an AMD GPU - however, Big Pavilion - which has an even older NVidia GPU, had no such issues.)

10122 was flatly stated (by no less than Gabe Aul) to have issues with some AMD GPUs - could this be the issue he referred to?

This particular issue (with 10122) is the ONLY issue I have had with in-place upgrades on either notebook or my desktop.  (Still, Baby Pavilion is the only hardware in the testing pool with an AMD GPU.)

Thankfully icons can be changed without too much effort.

I'd hardly call hacking DLL files (then having to hack them again every time they get updated) little effort.

It's rank. Cluttered and dated as hell.

It is by no means dated or cluttered.

Video of build 10125:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0FxyRQ6G44

It looks like they annoying border around the Action Center is gone!

lulz... ok  :rolleyes:

You're trying to throw my words back at me, and it isn't working. The start screen is by no means dated, and the image I displayed is showing more than the old Start Menu ever could. The old Start Menu is dated. Glass is dated. This isn't. It still looks fresh, can display whatever you want it to, and allows more customization. So, you might want to rethink your mud slinging.

You're trying to throw my words back at me, and it isn't working. The start screen is by no means dated, and the image I displayed is showing more than the old Start Menu ever could. The old Start Menu is dated. Glass is dated. This isn't. It still looks fresh, can display whatever you want it to, and allows more customization. So, you might want to rethink your mud slinging.

No Dot, it looks cluttered and horrible. There's no mud slinging or throwing any words back at any one here. 

I'm actually a fan of the start screen, always have been, and will be using the full screen version of the start menu when 10 goes to RTM.

I'm saying it actually looks dated and cluttered because of the art work on the game tiles etc, but the blind rage you clearly go in to when you think someone is slagging off your beloved baby start screen obviously blinds you to rational though.

Get over yourself.

• Like 3

One minute you whinge about how glass makes things too visually cluttered/noisy, and then 5 minutes later there you are claiming the abomination that looks more like a 90s webpage with a terminal case of banner-aditis is "nice".

Your arguments are about as consistant as the distribution of icons in Windows.

Honestly why are you still in this topic as you seem to think 'your view is the only view'.... as you have previously said to me ....go away.

So riddle me this, what exactly is the justification for placing the back button over the home button in the modern apps?  If they can put a button there, why aren't they flipped?

Just curious if anyone has similar issues with Modern UI applications just stop working.

For example ... on build 10122

Money - Failed to run.  From Windows Logs:
Activation of app Microsoft.BingFinance_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFinance failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
From TWinUI log:
Activation of the app Microsoft.BingFinance_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFinance for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Modified.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled from Store ... however same errors reproduced 

Food & Drink
Activation of app Microsoft.BingFoodAndDrink_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFoodAndDrink failed with error: This app failed to launch because its trial license has expired. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
From TWinUI log:
Activation of the app Microsoft.BingFoodAndDrink_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFoodAndDrink for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked because its trial license has expired.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled from Store ... however "something happened and your purchase can't be completed.  Error code: 0x80070005

Pretty much the only Modern UI applications that work are Edge, Calculator, Insider Hub, Video, Store.  Health & Fitness, News, Reader, Photos, Games, etc., all fail (with one or the other error messages above).

I've done a "reset" and selected "remove everything" and it still produces these faults.  Also, same issues with a newly created "local" user account.  Confused/frustrated.  Anyone else having the same issues?

First off, what GPU do you have on the hardware in question? 

It's using the onboard graphics that comes with the Intel Q35 chipset.

FWIW ... it finally decided to update to build 10122 last night. This type of in-place upgrade method via Windows Update

still needs a lot of work before RTM if it requires several attempts to download a new build or any other large update.

Just curious if anyone has similar issues with Modern UI applications just stop working.

For example ... on build 10122

Money - Failed to run.  From Windows Logs:
Activation of app Microsoft.BingFinance_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFinance failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
From TWinUI log:
Activation of the app Microsoft.BingFinance_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFinance for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Modified.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled from Store ... however same errors reproduced 

Food & Drink
Activation of app Microsoft.BingFoodAndDrink_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFoodAndDrink failed with error: This app failed to launch because its trial license has expired. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
From TWinUI log:
Activation of the app Microsoft.BingFoodAndDrink_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexFoodAndDrink for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked because its trial license has expired.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled from Store ... however "something happened and your purchase can't be completed.  Error code: 0x80070005

Pretty much the only Modern UI applications that work are Edge, Calculator, Insider Hub, Video, Store.  Health & Fitness, News, Reader, Photos, Games, etc., all fail (with one or the other error messages above).

I've done a "reset" and selected "remove everything" and it still produces these faults.  Also, same issues with a newly created "local" user account.  Confused/frustrated.  Anyone else having the same issues?

I briefly checked the Event Viewer on my MS user account an experienced quite a few errors myself with XAML apps. I guess this is normal for now.

not really.

the time that is left before rtm is going to be used for fixing bugs.

all planned features are added.

for the (This PC) icon to show on desktop

go to the start menu / right click on file explorer / open file location

it will bring up explorer with the icons shortcut showing. there will (This PC) 

right click and send to/ desktop

or if using stardock start10.

just right click (this pc) and click show on desktop

thanks

Right click on the desktop then hit Personalize. On the left side, click Themes, and on the right side under Related Settings, click on Desktop icon settings.

thanks

I'd hardly call hacking DLL files (then having to hack them again every time they get updated) little effort.

I use a simple program called Microangelo On Display. You can change icons with a simple right click. I've been using it since XP and it continues to work great. It doesn't say it's compatible with 10 yet but I'm sure it will be once it's officially out.

But even if you don't want to do that you can find packs that will do all the work for you.

Anyone with a Lumia 920 using 10? It is complete garbage, Start is stuck on loading, most apps crash like hell, and I can't seem to get it to charge more than 7% even after restarting dozens of times. Also the phone is incredibly hot.