[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

The apps have also been updated on mobile to, they're finally pushing out more and more app updates, took them long enough, even if they are for the newer insider preview builds.  That makes me think what I suspected is true after all, app updates are waiting for TH2 APIs to hit, same should apply to Edge as well.  I hope this means after the TH2 update goes out they'll push even more app updates and not have us waiting till Redstone 1.

The background image now extends to the left hand menu/pane area, odd that it didn't originally, but it changes the whole look of the app now.  Minor tweak but makes a big difference.

Mail switcher moved to left bar as well, massive improvement but I\d still prefer a linked inbox.

I think it's at the top of requested features, so I expect it'll come, we could get another big update out of the blue like this that adds it without any notice.

I am finding 10547 build to be incredibly buggy. At one instance, I felt my pc to be sluggish and checked task manager. Windows's System process was consuming 14 GB out of my 16 GB RAM. Reboot fixed it though.

Besides, Office 2016 icons are showing blank in start menu.

The closer we get to TH2 release the more app updates they push out, and the bigger they seem to be, which is good stuff.  It really looks like it was an API thing holding up app updates of any real substance in TH1/10240.   I can't wait for TH2 to hit and I hope I can upgrade from 8.1 right to TH2 on my desktop in November, that's why I'm holding off.

The closer we get to TH2 release the more app updates they push out, and the bigger they seem to be, which is good stuff.  It really looks like it was an API thing holding up app updates of any real substance in TH1/10240.   I can't wait for TH2 to hit and I hope I can upgrade from 8.1 right to TH2 on my desktop in November, that's why I'm holding off.

Yet no exploding live tiles or interactive live tiles or even the advanced grid from WP :(

Yet no exploding live tiles or interactive live tiles or even the advanced grid from WP :(

True, but I'm betting we get something in RedStone 1 at least.    They have no choice but to add those things, users are asking for it and the UI needs it because it's become to basic now, default live tiles aren't enough anymore.   Interactive live tiles would be the best, press and hold to get the option to turn it from default to interactive mode and then you get controls etc, good stuff if they can pull it off.

I know it's a bug and all, but I kinda like not being able to right click on the desktop anymore. Takes the focus off people cluttering up their desktops, and more focus on pinning apps to Start, and to the taskbar. (Y)

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-will-shut-down-skype-modern-windows-client-july-7-favor-desktop-version

Skype Modern Apps were end of life'd but they are clearly working on Windows 10 apps as mentioned in the post above.

"You may be thinking: what about Skype built into Messaging, Phone and Skype video coming to Windows 10? Don't worry we will begin rolling the apps to get your feedback later this year. This way if you want to quickly make a call or send a message you can use task-based apps and for those of you power users who like the advantages of the all in one app, you can pick what's right for you."

399868_original.png

OH GOD, THEY'RE SPLITTING UP SKYPE INTO TWO APPS. WHY???

So that messaging is all in one place and video chat is all in its own app.

Also it seems they updated the regedit icon.

Now, if only they could update RegEdit to fit a modern persona.

I'm not holding out much hope for these messaging apps. All this time, and they're reportedly still buggy, and the UI looks like ****.

ok, so a new regedit icon, the desktop right click bug has been fixed, the desktop context menu has been resized, Find My Device is now an option in Settings->Update & Security, and the start menu icon display bug appears to have been fixed

windows-10-messenger.jpg?itok=T8s8CYCW

This looks prettier and but can't put my hand on it. Maybe the controls are not on the bottom? Or the title bar continues the colors to the top? It looks much better than what we've gotten now. But it's better than nothing

People are calling this last notification the Continuum icon:

CQUgu0yWcAAsMgf.png

It's not!!! That is a Chinese character meaning the Chinese language (literally "central language", but shortened to just one character)

windows-10-messenger.jpg?itok=T8s8CYCW

This looks prettier and but can't put my hand on it. Maybe the controls are not on the bottom? Or the title bar continues the colors to the top? It looks much better than what we've gotten now. But it's better than nothing

People are calling this last notification the Continuum icon:

CQUgu0yWcAAsMgf.png

It's not!!! That is a Chinese character meaning the Chinese language (literally "central language", but shortened to just one character)

Probably because it's a complete app, and not half assed liked the leaked pos.

The only difference between the concept image and the app we have now is that the controls are at the bottom, mostly because it's a Universal app and is the same one you get on the newest Windows 10 mobile build.   That's really the only difference between the two, one is at the top and the other is at the bottom, I don't have an issue with them being on the bottom in the desktop/tablet version.

As far as having two apps, well, there's still going to be a full all-in-one Skype app, be it on the desktop or even on tablet/mobile/phone, which we haven't seen yet, for those who want it that way.  For now they're doing it like this, task based they call it, to make it more integrated at the OS level.  I bet there's an API for the Skype Video app that lets other apps use it, so you can fire off a Skype video call from something else and instead of having the whole Skype app open, only the video chat portion/window does.   It'll be quicker and more stable when done that way.

Skype is a part of Microsoft, and they can't even deliver a satisfactory experience to Windows users, time after time again. Jesus, this is getting frustrating. If Microsoft can't deliver, than how are third party app developers supposed to deliver?