[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I suppose until we get some way to have interactive tiles with music controls in the future, having them on the lock screen is fine, but also, maybe the option to show them in the action center to?   For when you're in a app and want to pause or skip to the next track.   I think using the volume buttons still brings up controls that way but then you have to keep hitting either volume up or down.     I know on my Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.1, Spotify puts a interactive notification on the lock screen and also in the notification center with basic controls.   I'm guessing these things can happen wit Win10 mobile as well with all the updates to the action center they're adding.

Gabriel Aul
@GabeAul 44m44 minutes ago @win10fan We had been evaluating 14327 for PC but nixed it today because of a PCI Express bug. Still shooting for this week w/ a newer build

Looks like preview build 14295 just got a small cumulative update today, surprised me, but then again, it is the current slow ring RS1 build out, so it makes sense to patch that for slow ring previewers. 

Looks like the plan was to release both desktop and mobile builds today but desktop ran into the above PCI-e bug, but they just pushed out mobile build 14327 to the fast ring.  

1 hour ago, George P said:

Looks like the plan was to release both desktop and mobile builds today but desktop ran into the above PCI-e bug, but they just pushed out mobile build 14327 to the fast ring.  

Is this not the same bug they had last week?

Quick Rant:

I now have a loathing hatred of Skype and I'm not happy w/ the reports I've been reading about how the Skype team is dueling with the O365 team about who "owns" productivity and how Microsoft was stupid to buy them. SMH Mr. Nadella, please get your Skype team in order!!! Let me settle this right now Office 365 owns productivity. Skype is a FEATURE of all of Microsoft products Windows, Office, O365, etc.

• Skype shouldn't have their own website skype.com it should be microsoft.com/skype  
  • web.skype.com should be integrated with O365/Outlook.com
  • Even Surface.com goes to microsoft.com/surface
  • The skype team needs to realize it is part of Microsoft

10 hours ago, Ian S. said:

Quick Rant:

I now have a loathing hatred of Skype and I'm not happy w/ the reports I've been reading about how the Skype team is dueling with the O365 team about who "owns" productivity and how Microsoft was stupid to buy them. SMH Mr. Nadella, please get your Skype team in order!!! Let me settle this right now Office 365 owns productivity. Skype is a FEATURE of all of Microsoft products Windows, Office, O365, etc.

• Skype shouldn't have their own website skype.com it should be microsoft.com/skype  
  • web.skype.com should be integrated with O365/Outlook.com
  • Even Surface.com goes to microsoft.com/surface
  • The skype team needs to realize it is part of Microsoft

That whole bit with SKype being off on it's own is changing, slowly but it is.   And the fact we're finally getting a true UWP app out of them and not some BS half baked stuff is a good sign.

They've really picked up the speed fast ring builds go out though, it's never been this fast in the past, a new build every week or every two weeks sounds good to me.  I mean they need to give users time to actually use it for a bit and find bugs/report back on things, updating it any faster would at some point be counterproductive imo.

2 hours ago, George P said:

They've really picked up the speed fast ring builds go out though, it's never been this fast in the past, a new build every week or every two weeks sounds good to me.  I mean they need to give users time to actually use it for a bit and find bugs/report back on things, updating it any faster would at some point be counterproductive imo.

I completely agree. I can't imagine the pace being any faster, really.  And I can't imagine why someone would prefer that they go ahead and push out a build that they knew had some sort of serious flaw, or simply wasn't ready yet.

I'm on the Slow Ring right now.  It's kind of silly that they don't update the Flash Player for Edge/IE in this ring.

Release and assumedly Fast Ring are relatively secure in that direction.  As long as Edge in Slow is actually intended for testing they need to stop treating it as a throwaway build.

58 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm on the Slow Ring right now.  It's kind of silly that they don't update the Flash Player for Edge/IE in this ring.

Release and assumedly Fast Ring are relatively secure in that direction.  As long as Edge in Slow is actually intended for testing they need to stop treating it as a throwaway build.

So you're on 14295 then?   That patch they pushed out a few days ago didn't update Edge or flash etc?

Build 14328 is a huge one,  I wonder how close we are now to them adding in all the new features that RS1 is meant to have?    I have a feeling we're not there yet, there could be a few more surprises waiting for us.

I hope they do an ISO, or someone does an ISO for this to, so I can load up a VM and give it a go.

• Like 2

Edge is still pretty unstable for me, crashes on about 50% of pages here on the forums. It also can't be reset using the new settings app. :/

Groove also started crashing on launch (worked fine on the previous Fast build) and the reset feature isn't able to fix it.

1 hour ago, George P said:

So you're on 14295 then?   That patch they pushed out a few days ago didn't update Edge or flash etc?

Nope.  They're just letting it go it seems like.  I understand testing builds aren't meant to be perfect but if they aren't usable without having to worry about infection why would I test it?

1 hour ago, zhangm said:

Edge is still pretty unstable for me, crashes on about 50% of pages here on the forums. It also can't be reset using the new settings app. :/

Groove also started crashing on launch (worked fine on the previous Fast build) and the reset feature isn't able to fix it.

Is that the known Groove bug they talked about?    The preview versions of Edge always hated this forum for me, i'd often get the "can't load page" error screen, and I'd have to click on the address bar and then hit enter like I was going to another page but without changing the forum url already in and it'd then load the page.  

30 minutes ago, George P said:

Is that the known Groove bug they talked about?    The preview versions of Edge always hated this forum for me, i'd often get the "can't load page" error screen, and I'd have to click on the address bar and then hit enter like I was going to another page but without changing the forum url already in and it'd then load the page.  

Ok.

They should add a new Insider badge for me: "Didn't read the manual."

Looks like slow ring 14295 just got another update as well,  delta is at 1005 now, it was 1004 before iirc.

Anyone having wifi connectivity issues on the new build? On 14316, some networks, generally those that had you accept a certificate from them upon entering your user id and password, would fail to connect. Its like the accept the cert box never came up, wondering if this is still an issue on the new build.