[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Anyone else notice that the new start menu is wrong somehow? Seems partially obstructed by the taskbar. Is it just me?

4 hours ago, patseguin said:

Anyone else notice that the new start menu is wrong somehow? Seems partially obstructed by the taskbar. Is it just me?

Got a screenshot? I'm not noticing this on 14328.

44 minutes ago, Jack W said:

Got a screenshot? I'm not noticing this on 14328.

2ef8eqh.jpg

Seems like the bottom of the start menu is obscured by the taskbar. Maybe it's intended that way? Doesn't seem right to me.

1 minute ago, patseguin said:

2ef8eqh.jpg

Seems like the bottom of the start menu is obscured by the taskbar. Maybe it's intended that way? Doesn't seem right to me.

Just tested on my side - if you have a lot of tiles, it adds a scrollbar (which scrolls to the point where yours is cut off). Seems to be working correctly from the screenshot you've shown... do you have a scrollbar at all?

Just now, Jack W said:

Just tested on my side - if you have a lot of tiles, it adds a scrollbar (which scrolls to the point where yours is cut off). Seems to be working correctly from the screenshot you've shown... do you have a scrollbar at all?

Yeah, the scrollbar starts off hidden. Don't know, it just seemed off to me. Hope they fix it. Just seems like the taskbar is covering up part of the start menu,

Here is a full screen capture. Just doesn't seem right to me for some reason.

2z7fqiq.jpg

3 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Yeah, the scrollbar starts off hidden. Don't know, it just seemed off to me. Hope they fix it. Just seems like the taskbar is covering up part of the start menu,

Definitely looks as 'intended' (assuming what we both see is what they intended). It does look odd with it cut-off and not showing the scrollbar immediately, but I don't think it is actually cut-off, just seemingly looks it.

1 hour ago, Jack W said:

Definitely looks as 'intended' (assuming what we both see is what they intended). It does look odd with it cut-off and not showing the scrollbar immediately, but I don't think it is actually cut-off, just seemingly looks it.

It just looks that way because of the two tiles he has and the all apps list, which does cut off like that even in the older Windows 10 builds.  Also on public 10586 that I have on this work desktop, the start menu scroll bar for tiles starts off invisible by default until you move over to it with your mouse pointer.  If you just hit the windows key and don't put your mouse over the start menu it will stay invisible.

Hey everyone there's a new Insider Quest (Feedback Hub) which allows Windows to auto-login after an upgrade, that way you do not have to wait for the flashing blue screen like "All your files are right where you left them"

Get faster logons, after an OS update or upgrade. Windows Update installs OS updates and upgrades, which requires system reboots. Until now, following a reboot you needed to logon manually, for the system to complete the upgrade process. However, with our new feature, Microsoft Account and Local Account Users can make the OS save user’s credentials on disk temporarily, between Windows Update initiated reboots, so that the user is automatically logged in and the system is locked to keep the user safe. Note that the feature is available to MSA and Local accounts that do not have work policies.

Open up an admin command prompt.

1. Run Start-> All Apps->Windows System->Command Prompt
  2. Right Click->More->Run as administrator

Run the following commands in the command prompt

1. REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v
  2.  ARSOUserConsent /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

EDIT: It's not working for me CMD gives errors

Edited by Ian S.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ian S. said:

Hey everyone there's a new Insider Quest (Feedback Hub) which allows Windows to auto-login after an upgrade, that way you do have to wait for the flashing blue screen like "All your files are right where you left them"

EDIT: It's not working for me CMD gives errors

Taking the /v off the first command made that command work, but then the second command fails.

That is supposed to be a single command, try this.

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v ARSOUserConsent /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -Himanshu- said:

That is supposed to be a single command, try this.

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v ARSOUserConsent /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

Worked! Thank you. They should've made this clearer in the quest. :(

3 minutes ago, Jack W said:

Worked! Thank you. They should've made this clearer in the quest. :(

Agreed, that line split up caused the confusion.

They should just have it do this by default from now on, I don't get why it stays on the lock screen to begin with.  At least give us the option to make it do this when we start the install process itself, if there's a security risk or something.

Well I am back in the program, I had to see what 14328 was like. Once I found the Windows File  Explorer  I was OK. So far I like it and am going to stay on the TP. Maybe I am OCD , I don't know but at least I did a clean install for once with 10586.

I had a major problem when I could not get steam to work. I am now back on 10586 to stay till july.

Back on build 14332 problem was solved.

Edited by Gary7
add data

I been having issues installing the newer builds in fast ring, the installation gets to part 3 of 3 configuring settings and then just reboots gives me update failed message and reverting back to previous version.

Anyone found a quick solution?

11 hours ago, nekrosoft13 said:

I been having issues installing the newer builds in fast ring, the installation gets to part 3 of 3 configuring settings and then just reboots gives me update failed message and reverting back to previous version.

Anyone found a quick solution?

Try performing a chkdsk and Sfc /Scannow

Anyone on 14332 yet?  Should be mostly bug fixes, how's stability and performance compared to the last 2-3 builds?

In these latest Windows 10 insider builds has anyone seen the issue where the bottom taskbar is showing  when making things like YouTube videos and photos full screen? It happens at random times. If I restart explorer it fixes it for a while at least.

I hope this will be fixed before the final is released.

59 minutes ago, George P said:

Anyone on 14332 yet?  Should be mostly bug fixes, how's stability and performance compared to the last 2-3 builds?

So far it has been the best build that MS has pushed.

My suggestions for File Explorer: 

Create a new folder from selection

feedback-hub:?contextid=395&feedbackid=ebd93cd0-ba38-4bad-9e98-1b8547b7a23e&form=1&src=2

and 

Batch File Rename

feedback-hub:?contextid=395&feedbackid=a29d56ee-8e88-4614-9d92-da3775b4a84e&form=1&src=2

If you like my ideas, please upvote them (obviously you will need Windows 10 to open these links)  :) 

• Like 1