A couple more Galvatron shots, focusing on his Head/Titanmaster Nucleon.

20160705_205356648_iOS.jpg

While unpainted except for the eyes, the head is a nicely-detailed likeness of Galvatron. With a little paint, the flip-out faceplate would be unneeded.

20160705_205517353_iOS.jpg

The head becomes Nucleon, who looks like a tiny Megatron, a reference to the fact that Galvatron is traditionally an upgraded Megatron.

• Like 2

Galvatron vs. Ultra Magnus

20160712_024522152_iOS.jpg

This is an attempt to homage this Marvel UK comic scene:

86galvmag.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

20160726_180149469_iOS.jpg

"I should crush you for challenging me for leadership, but it would be a shame to destroy such a handsome Decepticon!"

On the right, Titan Wars Galvatron (again - loving this figure.) On the left, TF: Energon Megatron, who was modeled after Galvatron and got a purple repaint called Galvatron.

• Like 2

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime.

20160728_171943195_iOS.jpg20160728_180738713_iOS.jpg

Not the most convincing truck mode, but a very fun figure with cool features - two missile launchers, a sword and a built-in flight pack. Most of the bad guys in Beast Hunters turned into dragons, and Prime looks ready to handle that!

20160729_143039891_iOS.jpg

Prowl in pursuit. Of course, he stands no chance of catching THIS speeder.

My small collection Titans Return Autobots - Hardhead, Wheelie and Blurr.

20160801_150749569_iOS.jpg

As TR figures, they all either have a companion figure that become the head, or the ability to interact with such figures, Titan Masters. If you look closely, you can see Blurr's partner Hyperfire in his driver seat. Wheelie's car mode is a little unstable - the pegs aren't as solid as they ought to be. The others are very good in vehicle mode.

20160801_152931398_iOS.jpg

Wheelie doesn't come with a Titan Master, but has a seat for one. At the moment, he's got Hyperfire in the driver's seat. Here you can also see Furos (or Duros as he was called in G1) in Hardhead's driver seat.

20160801_153156851_iOS.jpg

The figures have multiple ways of interacting with Titan Masters. Hardhead's cannon opens to reveal a control seat, occupied here by Hyperfire.

20160801_175236303_iOS.jpg

Finally, robot modes. All are very true to the classic designs, even with the addition of the Headmaster/Titanmaster feature to Blurr. Good posability on all figures, and the heads stay attached solidly. Wheelie's been in that side kick pose for a couple hours now, with no sign of sagging joints. All in all the new line looks to be quite well done.

On 26/07/2016 at 7:29 PM, DConnell said:

"I should crush you for challenging me for leadership, but it would be a shame to destroy such a handsome Decepticon!"

On the right, Titan Wars Galvatron (again - loving this figure.) On the left, TF: Energon Megatron, who was modeled after Galvatron and got a purple repaint called Galvatron.

They did a hell of a job there on Titan Wars Galvatron

Just now, Aergan said:

They did a hell of a job there on Titan Wars Galvatron

Yup. The best Galvatron we've gotten. It would be nice if he could turn his head with the faceplate in place, of course. But there are mods for that, and I'm considering painting the crown detailing on Nucleon's Galvahead mode to bring out the likeness. With a bit of paint, the faceplate would be entirely unnecessary.

Energon Megatron was kind of my Galvatron stand-in for years. I could have gotten the actual Energon Galvatron (same figure painted purple) for the job, but I didn't like the overall look, despite making the galvatron homage much stronger.

800px-Energon_Galvatron_toy1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/mywonderfactory/videos/775736259190399/

As the forum messes up facebook links Ive inserted it in code brackets

On August 2, 2016 at 4:03 AM, Arachno 1D said:

https://www.facebook.com/mywonderfactory/videos/775736259190399/

As the forum messes up facebook links Ive inserted it in code brackets

HA!  I like explosions, so perfect. And the bullet holes on the walls.   They have done a good job with the video.  

20160805_151039161_iOS.jpg

Wheelie, Sky Lynx and Blurr, who teamed up against Predaking in Five Face of Darkness. Now all we need is an updated Predaking ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My latest purchase - the figure I was most waiting for in Titans Return - Powermaster Optimus Prime. It's an update of my favorite G1 figure. An extensive remold of Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, though apart from sharing the general transformation and both being trucks, there's not a lot of commonality left - a lot was changed.

20160818_170052806_iOS.jpg

Base mode - not the official one, but a fan one that approximates the base of the original toy. Manning the base are his Titan Master Apex (Hi-Q for the G1 fans) and Hyperfire, Blurr's TM.

20160818_175315987_iOS.jpg

Truck mode. Again, similar to the original.

20160818_185506533_iOS.jpg

Robot mode, with Titan Master Apex in place. Apex's head mode is modeled after Orion Pax, Optimus' identity before being rebuilt into Prime

20160818_185551817_iOS.jpg

With helmet in place, Prime looks the part - the head is a great homage to the original PMOP super mode.

• Like 2

And finally, Prime in robot mode, with all weapons attached. His chest armor is modeled after Hi-Q in engine mode from the original toy. The Titan Master feature replaces the Powermaster engine of the original, but the change doesn't make the figure any less fun.

20160818_185744274_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

20160819_034508875_iOS.jpg

A comparison shot between the new Powermaster Optimus Prime and the original from G1. The new figure does a good job of evoking the original design (which was, of course meant to be evocative of the Diaclone-based Prime). There are some differences - the chest armor on the new is meant to be a callback to Hi-Q in engine mode, seen on the original's abdomen. But it's a bit too large for the homage to be completely effective.

• Like 3