"Digital Entitlement" - New Licensing System Introduced In Windows 10

In the Win10 Build 10537 Release Notes leaked by WZor, there was a mention of "Windows 10 Update for November Release".

Some time ago I have heard and reported that there would be 2 GDR's for win10: GDR1 this Fall and GDR2 for Spring 2016, and these GDR's would probably be Build 10240 with a increased delta.

Recently there were rumors that the Nov Update would be TH2(or Wave2, whatever....), I don't know if MS has changed plans, just have to wait and see.:)

MD4WxoG.jpg

I don't expect any bump in version/build number till early next year and RedStone 1.  This November update will just bump up the other digits at the end after the build number and leave it at that.  I think Redstone will see a bump to version 10.0.10600 or w/e the builds go up to by that time.

I don't expect any bump in version/build number till early next year and RedStone 1.  This November update will just bump up the other digits at the end after the build number and leave it at that.  I think Redstone will see a bump to version 10.0.10600 or w/e the builds go up to by that time.

"the other digits at the end after the build number " is called the delta. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So this means since my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 completed successfully I can now clean install Windows 10 on this machine and be activated?

All I know is that an upgrade was first required, to be participate in this free upgrade :p

Exactly, and I have done this on my PC and my dads, with no problem whatsoever.  Reinstall it over and over on the same machine, and it will always activate successfully.

From win10china about Win10 Build 10551:

http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/179803.htm

Google translate:

Win10 preview version 10551 Exclusive broke the news: Edge browser bookmarks synchronization Improvement

2015-9-30 12:45:52 Source: IT House Original Author: Volley Editor: Volley view.png5720 Comments: 62

IT Home News  Win10 official version of the Edge browser there is still much room for improvement, especially in the user experience. Currently, Microsoft has opened Windows10 TH2 preview phase, the previous version of the update log shows that Microsoft is likely to be in November TH2 push updates to users, many users are looking forward to Edge browser to be able to usher in a major improvement, especially in support of third-party extensions.

Now according to IT from home to get the latest Win10 preview version 10551, you can see the stage Edge browser as Microsoft has improved the focus of the object.

First, the most obvious change is that the increase in set bookmarks and Reading List synchronization, you can synchronize the content, this option is off by default in more than one device.

20150930_123236_516.jpg

Secondly, with the mouse wheel button click on the taskbar Edge icon, click the Start menu or double-click the desktop icon Edge Edge icon will open a new window, which is a lot of users asked Microsoft to achieve the function.

6b38268bgw1ewkddcxcf8g20go0cftli.gif

In addition to these changes, Edge browser bottom there are some changes, these elements are described in the release of Build 10551 log:

Edge version of the browser, Microsoft requires that all Edge DLL to be loaded must be Microsoft's WHQL signature, the purpose is to enhance the Edge browser's security and stability. In addition, the event is removed Mselementresize Edge browser.

In the release, Microsoft also described the log to: Edge browser's Hub button is "Favorites", instead of "Reading List", "History" and "download" four buttons. But we did not find the change after installation, Hub button is still there.

• Like 2

Nice, sync is a big feature that was missing, I hope this also can do or they can now add tab sync to, like with IE11, I can see the open tabs on my desktop from my tablet and open them etc.

• 1 month later...

This has me pretty irritated. Then again, I got Win7/8/8.1 for free through MSDNAA(Dreamspark), so I essentially got 3 keys for free (hooray!). I'm building my new rig, and I haven't decided if I'll use 10 or not. Between the privacy issues, and the constant "oh look what garbage we found", I'm a little skeptical.

So, this begs the question, how does this effect Virtual Machines?

So far, it hasn't - I do clean installs in VMs (not upgrades), therefore, this is , in fact, largely irrelevant for VMs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In a Chinese video host site "bilibili.com", MS today uploaded a video clip about Continuum on mobile phone:

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3619360/

The interesting thing is, in the introduction, they mentioned a "Lumia Phone X":

xD8d7l9.jpg

Google translate:

Welcome Mobile phone Continuum, this function can convert your phone large screen projector and utilities. Use dock or adapter to connect to a TV or monitor, and then use your application on a larger screen and view your content. You can also make your mouse and keyboard computer phone has the same powerful features, such as production of Office documents, send e-mail, and even type text messages. Upon completion, the file will be saved on the phone, you can continue working. Of course, you can watch videos, view photos, surf the Web and so on. Note: This feature requires a mobile phone compatible device is intended for use, for example Lumia 950 / XL, Lumia Phone X and Acer Jade Primo

3 hours ago, FaiKee said:

In a Chinese video host site "bilibili.com", MS today uploaded a video clip about Continuum on mobile phone:

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3619360/

The interesting thing is, in the introduction, they mentioned a "Lumia Phone X":

xD8d7l9.jpg

Google translate:

It has since been edited out.