Windows 10 Start menu search

Is anyone else seeing issues with the Windows 10 start menu search (I guess its Cortana now) not suggesting installed programs even if you type the name exactly?  I have used a number of Windows 10 computers and they all seem to struggle with this issue.  Some programs work, others do not, no matter what you type, they are never suggested.  This is a feature I have used on Vista, 7 and 8 and it has never given me a problem before.  Its a great quick way to start programs using the keyboard (press Window key, type part of the name, press Enter).  Sure, I can use the mouse to click All programs and then scroll down the list, its just annoying because I have never had this problem before.

It seems to be desktop apps it does this with. If you don't start typing from the beginning of the application name it doesn't find it. Store-managed apps work fine with text from the middle of the name.

Is anyone else seeing issues with the Windows 10 start menu search (I guess its Cortana now) not suggesting installed programs even if you type the name exactly?  I have used a number of Windows 10 computers and they all seem to struggle with this issue.  Some programs work, others do not, no matter what you type, they are never suggested.  This is a feature I have used on Vista, 7 and 8 and it has never given me a problem before.  Its a great quick way to start programs using the keyboard (press Window key, type part of the name, press Enter).  Sure, I can use the mouse to click All programs and then scroll down the list, its just annoying because I have never had this problem before.

It seems to be desktop apps it does this with. If you don't start typing from the beginning of the application name it doesn't find it. Store-managed apps work fine with text from the middle of the name.

Nope, still working fine for me. Have you tried rebuilding your index?

Screenshot_(94).thumb.png.6707733174859d

Nope, still working fine for me. Have you tried rebuilding your index?

Screenshot_(94).thumb.png.6707733174859d

What did you type? If I try to search for "aint" I get no results. It must be a full word or nothing comes up. In Windows 8/8.1 "torrent" would show qBitTorrent but now it does not.

What did you type? If I try to search for "aint" I get no results. It must be a full word or nothing comes up. In Windows 8/8.1 "torrent" would show qBitTorrent but now it does not.

I typed in "pain" and got exactly what I was searching for. Seems to be giving me more results now.

Screenshot_(95).thumb.png.3e73ea81eeb6f1

Works for me 

Seems I ask this in every thread, but, what did you turn off?  What "tweaks" did you do? 

I just searched for "aint" and immediately got Paint, but not Paint.NET (both are installed).

I do sometimes have an issue where if I leave the Start menu open too long, and try to type something, nothing happens. Although that hasn't been an issue since RTM (I'm on 10132 now). So either the newest builds changed something, or my search index wasn't built up.

I had the exact same issue when creating a deployment, sphbecker When you search do you get "best match" on the top of the results page.

If not then change the region and language to en:us timezone and keyboard can remain untouched.  Whenever i changed the region or language to irish the search would stop working from the start screen/menu.