One Windows 10 license will allow you to have multiple licensed Windows 10 VMs?

In recent builds, Microsoft is allowing to install Windows 10 inside Windows 10 as a VM. Does this mean that with a legal and activated Windows 10 license you can make a virtual machine using Hyper-V with legal and activated Windows 10 using the same license?

No, it just means you run a VM that itself offers virtualisation.

There is a feature in windows server that's similar to that though, if you install a hyper-V server and windows server guests, somehow hyper-V allows them to automatically activate without needing to put a product key into the guest OS or activate it manually.

There is a feature in windows server that's similar to that though, if you install a hyper-V server and windows server guests, somehow hyper-V allows them to automatically activate without needing to put a product key into the guest OS or activate it manually.

Thats why I asked because on server it is possible...

The server license that allows this though is significantly more expensive than a standard server license.

I have Data Centre on 3 servers and can create any amount of Standard servers within that using Hyper-V, I still require a KMS server to activate them though.

The server license that allows this though is significantly more expensive than a standard server license.

I have Data Centre on 3 servers and can create any amount of Standard servers within that using Hyper-V, I still require a KMS server to activate them though.

Ah didn't realise it relyed upon KMS, interesting to note.

How could you not know that it's KMS activating the Windows installs?

If you have 2 servers talk to the KMS, and activate, that's 2 licenses.

Interesting read... Not really.