Sony announces partnership with KojiPro (Kojima), New IP, first game "console exclusive to PS4"

Sony Computer Entertainment Enters Into An Agreement With Kojima Productions

The First Software Title Created by the Newly Formed Kojima Productions will be Console Exclusive to PlayStation®4 System

TOKYO, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a newly formed studio by the acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima, to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system.

"PlayStation®'s history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, Game Designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annuTcmB1rw

http://gamasutra.com/prnewswire.php?doc=201512160100PR_NEWS_USPR_____AQ82640&showRelease=1&dir=0&categories=GAMING-PURE&andorquestion=OR&&passDir=0

Woah. Out of nowhere! His contract with Konami finished on the 15th.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Massive news for Sony, this should only cement their position this generation. 

Good luck to Hideo :D

I'm 100% confident it will be PC/PS4. Seems to be the of Sony this gen to be happy for PC releases. I'd expect 1080/60 as well, but sadly Konami own the FOX Engine which is a great engine I'm sure Kojima and his staff poured countless effort into. At least those who primarily made it are all together and I'm sure can do wonders again.

Kojima looks pretty rough in that video. I'm not talking about the beard which he rocks, but just tired and certainly "older". Konami probably shaved years off his life!

Console exclusive. Guess that means an eventual PC release. Great as I don't care about consoles, so as long as it ends up on PC eventually fine by me either way (Xbox or PS4 exclusive for consoles). 

7 minutes ago, DeusProto said:

Console exclusive. Guess that means an eventual PC release. Great as I don't care about consoles, so as long as it ends up on PC eventually fine by me either way (Xbox or PS4 exclusive for consoles). 

I'd say day 1 PC release. Most PS console exclusives so far this gen have had PC releases day 1 or very quickly, instead of being tied up for months on the PS only. (Possibly not day 1 with the article below...)

PC confirmation - http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/kojimas_new_game_will_be_published_by_sony_is_also_coming_to_pc_wont_be_silent_hills.html

Sony has revealed more details about Hideo Kojima's first game at his new studio Kojima Productions, confirming that the title is also scheduled to launch on PC following its release on PS4.

While Sony is "not disclosing details" around how long the game's PS4 exclusivity will last, it says that the game "is planned to become available on PC (after PS4)", and that it will be a "console exclusive", meaning it won't ever arrive on Xbox One.

The game won't be linked to Metal Gear Solid or the cancelled Silent Hills, either, Sony says, instead being "something completely new". The game will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment who will "provide support [to the game's development] as necessary".

Sadly not Silent Hills rebranded though :(

1 hour ago, soniqstylz said:

But you own a PS4?

also, the logo

ovp0woaqbuutnxsqellp.jpg

Yeah, the PC will have the ace in the whole for performance and graphics. I have been getting a few more games for PC now lately. I also just go Cities Skylines last week. Excited to start that one up.