Must-have PS2 games?

Hey guys, I just got my hands on a PS2 a few weeks ago, I finally managed to get a memory card too, so what are the must-have games for the console? Finding PS2 games on stores isn't very easy these days but I can use ebay. Any suggestions?

Jak Series

Ratchet & Clank Series

Sly Cooper Series

Shadow of the Colossus 

Silent Hill 2

Twisted Metal Black

Final Fantasy X

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - The last (?) good one (can't remember if 4 was good)

Rayman 2

Plenty of people would consider the Kingdom Hearts & God of War as "must have" too but I didn't really care for them.

Edited by ZakO

Thaks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming.

(About GTA, it's actually one of the few group of games that I can still find on local stores for the PS2 but  it's really hard for me playing another GTA game after having played GTA 5. Even GTA 4 on my PS3 seems obsolete compared to it).

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

The entire Onimusha series

God of War I & II

Resident Evil 4

Though I think all but the Onimusha series have gotten remasters on newer systems and RE4 has a hd remaster on pc, as well.

Soul Reaver 2

Black

MGS2/3

Midnight Club 2 (which people STILL play online)

Also, wouldn't hurt to take a look at the games that were remastered for PS3, to get a sense of what people liked/wanted/thought was classic, like Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, or Jak & Daxter.

13 hours ago, Biohead said:

GTA - III, Vice City and San Andreas for a start :)

The Getaway was pretty good too.

For the OP, just to add to this specific list, The Getaway 2, and the entire Ace Combat series up to this platform (Y)

On 12/21/2015 at 11:46 PM, Andrew said:

Bully

GT4

GTA 3

ICO

MGS 2

Okami

RE4

Shadow of the Colossus

SSX (any of them, they were all great during 6th gen)

DMC 1 & 3

GoW 1 & 2

<3

Although I really recommend playing these 3 in their HD touchups on PS3. Especially Okami. It's beautiful. Best non-Zelda Zelda clone.

I'd throw in MGS3 as well, it's arguably my favourite in the series. 2 was great, but I wished they didn't mess around with the ending due to 9/11. MGS1 = MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS4 > MGS5 for me. 5 has the best gameplay, but the worst story.

If you're in to JRPG's (ps2 was the king with these).

Playstation 2

Kingdom Hearts I & II (They do have HD remakes on PS3).

Odin Sphere (beautiful sprite graphics, music, and story)

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4 (they have an updated "golden" edition on the Vita)

Suikoden III & IV (if you can get over the awkward 1st gen 3d graphics, the game mechanics, and stories is amazing.)

PS1 (compatible on PS2) for consideration

Xenogears (PS1) 

Persona 2 (PS1) 

Suikoden I & II (PS1)

Not jrpg/rpg per say but..

Okami (also put my vote for this game)

This is off the top of my head, I'm missing a few....

Edit, also check out half.com for games (a sub-company of ebay).

Edited by Eternal Tempest

Strong backer of the Tony Hawk series here*;

THPS4/THUG/THUG2 
(Proskater/Undergound)

amazing games when they were available online. slightly niche because irrespective of gameplay/design you have to have somewhat of an interest in skateboarding.

*The series more or less died (imo) after American Wasteland.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 2:45 AM, I am Redbeard said:

Strong backer of the Tony Hawk series here*;

THPS4/THUG/THUG2 
(Proskater/Undergound)

amazing games when they were available online. slightly niche because irrespective of gameplay/design you have to have somewhat of an interest in skateboarding.

*The series more or less died (imo) after American Wasteland.

Actually, while I don't really have an interest in skateboarding, I did play Skate 3 and I loved it. And in fact I'd played Tony Hakw on PS2 when I was a kid and I was already thinking of getting it (one of them games at least).

59 minutes ago, onewarmslime said:

Actually, while I don't really have an interest in skateboarding, I did play Skate 3 and I loved it. And in fact I'd played Tony Hakw on PS2 when I was a kid and I was already thinking of getting it (one of them games at least).

The Skate series is also really good! Less nostalgic for me just because I spent hundreds of hours on the TH series. TH is much more arcade style with unending combos and high scores but skate obviously wins in the technicality / realism category. 

The thing that bums me out is that TH had such a great community back in the day. ThugXonline (tXo) had forums and an IRC channel which is funny to think of now seeing as a LOT of players were playing over dial up. I remember getting my first USB keyboard to be able to type instead of navigating the onscreen KB and feeling like I was on the cutting edge of gaming tech hahahaha.