Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Season Discussion

Formula 1 World Championship 2016 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2016 Drivers Championship?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Kimi Räikkönen
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Felipe Massa
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Sergio Pérez
    • Nico Hülkenberg
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Jolyon Palmer
    • Max Verstappen
    • Carlos Sainz, Jr.
    • Felipe Nasr
    • Marcus Ericsson
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Pascal Wehrlein
    • Rio Haryanto
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Esteban Gutiérrez
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 Constructors Championship?

• Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Red Bull Racing
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Renault F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • McLaren Honda
    • Manor Marussia F1 Team
    • Haas F1 Team

I was amazed when I saw this during the race, but after seeing the replays and analysis, I have to put most of the blame on Rosberg. It was his fault he was in incorrect engine mode, which caused his car to start 'harvesting'. This resulted in less power from his engine compared to Hamilton, and Hamilton reacted to this, going for the gap. Rosberg reacted to his engine mode, sorting it out, then reacted to Hamilton in an aggressive, but instinctive way. Its not like Hamilton then had anywhere else to go.

Plus, this isn't the first time we've seen Rosberg take those ridiculously aggressive inside line defending moves. He noteably drove a couple of cars off the track in Bahrain? Going to the inside really early despite a driver coming up the inside.

• Like 1

Rosberg messed up, yes. Still, Hamilton should have known that Rosberg wouldn't let him pass. Instead he should have backed off and used another opportunity to overtake car #6.

McLaren will dethrone Mercedes, says Dennis

McLaren will be the team to put an end to Mercedes' dominance of Formula 1, according to the British squad's boss Ron Dennis.

"I honestly believe that the next world champions after Mercedes will be McLaren," Dennis told the BBC.

"We'll get to that goal before other people.

"It is challenging but I have a firm belief in the technical competence of our people and a firm belief in Honda," Dennis added.

Mercedes has dominated the V6 turbo era, taking the drivers' and constructors' championships in 2014 and 2015 and winning 36 of the last 43 races.

The German team has started the 2016 season as it ended 2015, and is clear favourite to win again this year.

McLaren, meanwhile, has not won a race since the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix, and has struggled to be competitive since it started its partnership with Honda at the start of last year.

Dennis, however, reckons the 2017 regulation changes will offer his team a good chance to take a big step forward.

"The 2017 regulations level the playing field and it is enough time for us to catch up with Honda, so I think we'll have a good chance next year," Dennis said.

"I think we can win races.

"I don't want to predict world championships but I do feel that dethroning Mercedes-Benz is going to be a challenge for everybody and I have reason to genuinely believe we'll get there before anybody else."

Source: Motorsport.com

Oh really, Ron? Let's see about that.

43 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

There's a fine line between confidence and delusion. He's on the wrong side. 

Ferrari or Red Bull. Easy.

46 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Ron's a PR guy, it's not the first ludicrous thing he's said, and it sure won't be the last.

3 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Which site are your posts coming from? I can't see them as our filter is blocking them.

Just now, Daedroth said:

What's the URL of those tweets?

https://twitter.com/NobleF1/status/734699338966929408

41 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Hmm, I can access that tweet via that link, but it won't display it in your post.

Just now, Daedroth said:

Hmm, I can access that tweet via that link, but it won't display it in your post.

Blame IPB 4..

10 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Blame IPB 4..

The image that is actually posted for that tweet is hosted on http://imgur.com. That site appears to have been blocked by our internet filter. Nevermind!

Just now, Daedroth said:

The image that is actually posted for that tweet is hosted on http://imgur.com. That site appears to have been blocked by our internet filter. Nevermind!

Ahh, that makes sense, especially considering what all imgur is hosting. I make a point not to access it intentionally while at work. (Our web filtering policies are relatively lax)

4 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Ahh, that makes sense, especially considering what all imgur is hosting. I make a point not to access it intentionally while at work. (Our web filtering policies are relatively lax)

Still blame IPB though ;) They deserve it

• Like 1

i guess today we had something like quali am i right? :)

2 minutes ago, Simon Lang 9047 said:

i guess today we had something like quali am i right? :)

Frank's slacking again! :p

screenshot-www.formula1.com 2016-05-28 19-51-15.png

And a bonus...

• Like 2