help me please to block all the optional and update that push w7 and w8 to upgrade to w10

hi

on my laptop i have w8.1 pro 64bit and on my desktop i have w7 64bit pro

i don't want to upgrade them to w10

i know GWX Control Panel ,i know the option in policy 

Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update

&

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"DisableOSUpgrade"=dword:00000001

but is there a list of update important and optionals (mosty optional ) to hide ?

i don't want to have nasty surprice

i looking for a list of these updates to hide

can you help me please?

thanks

I have gwx and I have used it to block all updates pertaining to windows 10, AND it still allows other updates to be installed

You shouldn't have any other problems if you periodically check for gwx updates, (besides, windows needs the installation files that gwx deletes before 10 can be installed)

20 minutes ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

I have gwx and I have used it to block all updates pertaining to windows 10, AND it still allows other updates to be installed

You shouldn't have any other problems if you periodically check for gwx updates, (besides, windows needs the installation files that gwx deletes before 10 can be installed)

hi

do you mean GWX Control panel ? it's outdated ,last update is January 24, 2016

block all updates pertaining to windows 10,

how did you do it?

it add a simple registry key ,the same i have posted

there are many important update that can re-call other update like optional update

i have used this ,where is the option to block all update pertainning to windows 10?

thanks!

mORkaWQ.png

1 hour ago, drugo said:

~snip~

Hi, yes,

See the circled bits in red, These are the files needed as they've been deleted, windows 10 cannot install

The Black Circles relate to where the installation files are usually saved

And those Blue Circles, they'll set up automatic detection and deletion of win 10 installation files, as you have already done, on my system, I have also enabled monitor mode (very bottom blue circle)

(unless ms has a workaround that I am unaware of.)

1.thumb.jpg.01decce4d4adfe19ce433afc6f31

As far as I can tell, you're all set to block windows 10 updates.

And with regard to gwxcontrol panel I know it needs updating, I'm guessing it hasn't been updated because it hasn't needed to be.