is there anyway to undo autopatcher

i used this and well now when i right click on icons there is a LONG PAUSE like it is thinking about not doing it ..

did not have the problem before i used this .. also yes i tried to restore

would not do it ... :(

i used this and well now when i right click on icons there is a LONG PAUSE like it is thinking about not doing it ..

did not have the problem before i used this .. also yes i tried to restore

would not do it ... :(

You can "Undo AutoPatcher" by uninstallin' the update and/or programs it installed via Add/Remove Programs. You can undo the reg tweaks by runnin' the Undo's in the "Undo Regtweaks" folder.

Quick note before you do that. Try defragging your system and rebooting once after. A couple people have reported this problem, but it goes away after a defrag/reboot, normally. Personally, I've yet to ever get it.

i've had a similar problem but it's not just on icons it's on files n pictures n stuff

there is a brief pause for maybe 1 min

a defrag kinda helped but still

this is on a fresh xp install with sp1

I think I might have to agree for a moment..... I installed 4.1 on my wifes laptop with a "fresh" install, and there seems to be some kind of "pausing" issue or slow opperation. I wasn't sure if it was because I did my own ProSp1 install (it had HomeSp1 before on it) or if it was because of APXP.

Note, I added 1 GB's of memory to the laptop, as well trying to fix the issue (it was low anyway), as well it doesn't seem to be slow every single time.

Startup seems pretty slow too, printer drivers in the background also seem not to want to start up forever, like I sometimes can't open the Printers & Faxes driver folder, it freezes on me.

Anyway, just some info, not sure what it's from, and I have no time to troubleshoot or anything. ;)

I'll be installing my own puter with AutoPatcher soon, so hopefully I won't have the problem then.

So, just sharing some info for now.....

Hmmm... well know that we're here to help, so post what you find. As I said, unfortunately neither I nor the tester I have have ever had this happen, though there seems to be a few of you out there that have. So for now, I don't know what could be causing it...

i never had this problem when i installed the november Release(Full on Fresh xp+sp1 install)

it's just something about the December Release i guess that causes a pause

and i may have just found out what could be causing the menu delay(or part of it anyway)

under tweakui/general there are a bunch of options about enabling list box animation and shadows and fading and when i turned them off it seemed to help a bit just nav takes awhile to come up while right clicking on it

maybe reinstalling nav might help or put an older version on

i tried nav 2002 on xp n updated it n stuff(removed old nav 2003)it seems to be working fine if any1 uses nav