The Batman (March 4th, 2022: WB/,DCEU)

2 hours ago, primortal said:

IMHO DC is an utter mess when it comes to handling their properties in comparison to Marvel movies.  They've gotten better with Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam.  Flash seems to be nothing but problems getting off the ground.

I liked Ben Affleck's portrayal of Batman and not sure why they dump him and his take on a follow-up movie.

I'm looking forward for this movie :D

Ben was having issues with drinking and went into rehab after JL.  The odds of doing his movie were slim and plus he didn't agree with the direction of the old WB brass, so he left.  Those people are no longer in charge and it looks like things are getting back on track for now.    As far as why "reboot" batman, well, we're not sure this is a true reboot, Batman at JL time was older and this Batman is in year 2 so these series of films could just as well be prequels to BvS and JL just like how the wonder woman movies are.    

I still expect the flash movie to happen but I think they want to get this out first, they can then do flash and maybe in the process rejig the timeline a bit, then do a few other movies and bring this Batman more inline with the rest of them.

Only time will tell but I think that's what we're probably going to get going forward.  Maybe the sequel to this Batman or the 3rd movie will bring him and the others together again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Another Batman show with no Batman? Give us a new show actually centered on Batman already.

This sounds like a proper prequel to batman actually, which should show how things started to get so bad but unlike the Gotham TV show I don't expect it will ever show us batman villains and just focus on how bad the cops are and the mob taking control of the city.

• 1 month later...

Oh man, this can't come quick enough.    I'm sold, specially when he just goes off on that thug and beats him down, perfect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Yeah, looks like Penguin but without the extreme pointy nose, the rest is pretty close to the look we're used to from the comics.  Besides those thugs are probably his gang, I've seen some people say they're jokers, I don't think so.

I honestly don't think Robert Pattinson can do wrong.

Trailer looks excellent! (unlike the Tenet one)

11 hours ago, Elliot B. said:

I honestly don't think Robert Pattinson can do wrong.

Trailer looks excellent! (unlike the Tenet one)

woah woah woah, what's wrong with the Tenet trailer besides being confusing as lol

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

woah woah woah, what's wrong with the Tenet trailer besides being confusing as lol

Which Tenet trailer to?  Think there's been 3 of them to date?

27 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Okay yeah that was not a good trailer. I hadn't seen that trailer.

Me to, I wasn't planning to see it but since the topic went that way I watched it.  It was way too long, since when did "teasers" become as long as trailers and "trailers" become as long as "extended looks", etc.  That thing was way too long IMO.

11 hours ago, McCordRm said:

Gotta say... I wasn't impressed when the cast was announced.

But now? Holy hell that looks brutal. I'm totally in.

That's the same old story almost each time, people should know better by now.  Wait till we see them in character before we jump on the hatewagen. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Batman filming paused after Robert Pattinson 'tests positive for coronavirus' Source

Covid-19 strikes again

I was wondering about this, couldn't they just keep going on the scenes he's not a part of for the next 2 weeks or so?  Seems like a waste of time to just stop it all 100%.