Spotted a BUG with Windows 10.

Hello Folks!

Please refer to the enclosed Pictorial description & help Confirm on the veracity of this spotted BUG within Win 10 OS.

Mine is Windows 10 Version 1511 64-bit (as depicted by the most lauded Program on this platform aka Winaero Tweaker 0.6.0.8):rolleyes:

Thanks.

clipimage.jpg

Hello,

What happens if you install and use a VPN connection?  It may simply be resetting to default options because a VPN connection is not present.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello +goretsky!

Why would I use a VPN  when the same is not required at first place? :-)

The Customization for Windows settings should be regardless of whether a VPN Connection will be used or else!

Shouldn't it be so?

Its certainly a BUG & must be brought to the notice of Microsoft Developers.

Thanks.

Why not try updating the latest version of Windows 10? (Don't know why I just asked that...I've read your threads before...)

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 (1607) LTSB. I also do not use a VPN, and when I set those VPN options of off, then reboot...it remembers and they stay off.

Therefore, if it is a bug in Windows 10, it has been fixed in a newer release. Or, it is a problem with your specific configuration and/or other software you have installed on your computer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello +goretsky!

Why would I use a VPN  when the same is not required at first place? :-)

The Customization for Windows settings should be regardless of whether a VPN Connection will be used or else!

Shouldn't it be so?

Thanks.

If you are so certain it's a bug then why not simply raise it with Microsoft?

27 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

I'm not sure how posting here helps you with this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daedroth said:

Why not try updating the latest version of Windows 10? (Don't know why I just asked that...I've read your threads before...)

Hello Daedroth!

Well... is there an easy way to "Upgrade" to the Latest version of Win 10?

I have both - "O & O Shutup" & "Winaero Tweaker" by my side & use these generously to apply --"All Settings" (including - Disable Windows Update) .

Make me time & agony Independent & suggest some 'Blitzkrieg' method to Upgrade to the Latest version on Win 10.

Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello Daedroth!

Well... is there an easy way to "Upgrade" to the Latest version of Win 10?

I have both - "O & O Shutup" & "Winaero Tweaker" by my side & use these generously to apply --"All Settings" (including - Disable Windows Update) .

Make me time & agony Independent & suggest some 'Blitzkrieg' method to Upgrade to the Latest version on Win 10.

Thanks. 

'Blitzkrieg' method? What's wrong with Windows Updates?

I don't even...

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Once again, this chap uses these tweaking tools on old builds and changes setting that he doesn't even need (or understand).

People really should just stop replying.  Andrea Borman v2!

Agreed. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

How do you know Microsoft have not fixed this bug? you are possibly a year behind current public updates from the information you have provided.

• Like 1

With all of these third party tools you have to somehow "tweak" Windows 10, is it any wonder that settings for something you don't even use are not working? Don't even bother with feedback as it just gets in the way of genuine feedback from users who don't mess with their OS.

Thing is, these may just be the default settings when no VPN Connection profile exists. If he were to add a VPN profile I bet he could then set them to off. Non-issue, non-bug, just lack of understanding by someone, and if not, it's probably because of all the 3rd party tweaking he has done in conflict with each other as others have pointed out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Thing is, these may just be the default settings when no VPN Connection profile exists. If he were to add a VPN profile I bet he could then set them to off. Non-issue, non-bug, just lack of understanding by someone, and if not, it's probably because of all the 3rd party tweaking he has done in conflict with each other as others have pointed out.

I checked on my own workstation as I do not have a VPN. I turned the setting off, rebooted and the setting remained off. So it's either the version of Windows 10 the OP is using, or some crap software they have installed.

• Like 2

A couple observations/suggestions.

1) You should clean reinstall the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update build.

2) You should AVOID using third-party tools and tweakers - in my own experience they really do more harm than good, especially if you don't know what you're doing (which IMO seems to be the case here). Windows 10 isn't THAT bad and you can disable the majority of the telemetry stuff in Windows 10's settings manually if desired. Really shouldn't buy into the FUD about Windows 10 being bad and is spying on you. You can disable this stuff without the need of third-party tools.

3) NEVER DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATE! This isn't smart or practical.

4) If this issue exists after doing a clean Windows 10 Anniversary Update install (without the use of third-party tools/tweakers) report the issue via the Feedback Hub.

Thanks to you all!

The simplest way I can get over this anomaly is to simply Ignore the same.

& to all the Folks out there.......

Obviously no such Customization have been done for both 'O & O'  & 'Winaero' to cause Conflict with each other!

& Life of Win10 cannot be even imagined without this Brilliant innovation -- "O & O" . This keeps all distractions OFF &  prevent intermittent Hangs, Background Update lags..&  so on!

Iam probably the Luckiest fellow out there to have explored & experienced  its entire features; Courtesy :: Neowin Software section -  which introduced me first with this Magnificent Innovation of all times!

Thanks Neowin, Thanks to all of you! :yes:

5 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Thanks to you all!

The simplest way I can get over this anomaly is to simply Ignore the same.

& to all the Folks out there.......

Obviously no such Customization have been done for both 'O & O'  & 'Winaero' to cause Conflict with each other!

& Life of Win10 cannot be even imagined without this Brilliant innovation -- "O & O" . This keeps all distractions OFF &  prevent intermittent Hangs, Background Update lags..&  so on!

Iam probably the Luckiest fellow out there to have explored & experienced  its entire features; Courtesy :: Neowin Software section -  which introduced me first with this Magnificent Innovation of all times!

Thanks Neowin, Thanks to all of you! :yes:

The simplest way for you to get over the anomaly is to accept the advice you were given here:

• Turn on Windows Update for your own safety
  • Update to a new build of Windows 10
  • Stop frigging around with customisation tools that you don't need nor understand
  • Like 2

Look, you know just enough to understand that tweaking apps exist, to download and install them.  But that seems to be where your knowledge ends.

You don't know enough to understand that they can do damage.  You are a prime example of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Stop playing with things you don't understand.  I'm not ragging on you, I used to do similar in my teens, with comments along the lines of "These apps bring what dumb Microsoft don't get".  It's a facile, naive view of computing and once you get any form of professional understanding, you realise why these tools are for tinkerers.

Put it another way - you keep using them and yet you keep posting issues you are having with your "tweaked" OS...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Obviously you don't know that for sure. :rolleyes:

If you can't live without tweaking tools for Windows 10 for trivial things (WTF, I've never had a "intermittent hang" or "background update lags" and I don't tweak a single setting other than turning some stuff off in Windows' settings... and what "distractions" do you mean?!?), I suggest you either downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1, or abandon Windows completely and install a Linux distro.

Edited by Boo Berry

8 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

People really should just stop replying.  Andrea Borman v2!

I don't know, man. He hasn't posted screenshots of  Windows Movie Maker 3 with a bright pink title bar and purple text, running on Windows 10 just yet.  

• Like 1