Spotted a BUG with Windows 10.

11 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello Daedroth!

Well... is there an easy way to "Upgrade" to the Latest version of Win 10?

I have both - "O & O Shutup" & "Winaero Tweaker" by my side & use these generously to apply --"All Settings" (including - Disable Windows Update) .

Make me time & agony Independent & suggest some 'Blitzkrieg' method to Upgrade to the Latest version on Win 10.

Thanks. 

The reason you experience so many Windows problems are most certainly related to using those programs. Unless you truly understand what these programs do, there is no reason to just "apply all" and hope your computer functions. Revert those settings, run Windows update and see if the issue persists. I cannot duplicate this bug, however I am on the latest version of Windows 10 that I received through Windows Update.

7 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

"O & O" . This keeps all distractions OFF &  prevent intermittent Hangs, Background Update lags..&  so on!

No, no, no, just no. O&O is there to disable the "spying" that is in Windows 10. That is all. Any performance gains are placebo.

Have you thought about giving Linux a try? 99% of computers today, can and will run linux of your choice. Depending on the applications you specifically use, this might be the best alternative.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

I'm not sure how posting here helps you with this.

so he can get onto his tin foil hat mode and then make grand statements about the windows conspiracy, and how xp ruled them all

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Daedroth said:

I checked on my own workstation as I do not have a VPN. I turned the setting off, rebooted and the setting remained off. So it's either the version of Windows 10 the OP is using, or some crap software they have installed.

Going by the last thread I've seen from this guy, probably a pirated copy

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:51 AM, saurabhdua said:

Hello Folks!

Please refer to the enclosed Pictorial description & help Confirm on the veracity of this spotted BUG within Win 10 OS.

Mine is Windows 10 Version 1511 64-bit (as depicted by the most lauded Program on this platform aka Winaero Tweaker 0.6.0.8):rolleyes:

Thanks.

clipimage.jpg

Try  a clean install, with no tweak software of any kind, and with windows update on

then come back and tell us if the symptom persists, because the fact that they're installed, might be the reason why your settings are so messed up.

• Like 1

Hello,

My thinking is that if the option was made  persistent across restarts without a VPN being established, the condition might arise where someone accidentally enables the option and then sometime later configures a VPN, forgetting that they set the option.  The computer then no longer receives Windows updates as a result.  By preventing the option from being permanently set without a VPN connection Microsoft prevents this problem from happening.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

22 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello +goretsky!

Why would I use a VPN  when the same is not required at first place? :-)

The Customization for Windows settings should be regardless of whether a VPN Connection will be used or else!

Shouldn't it be so?

Its certainly a BUG & must be brought to the notice of Microsoft Developers.

Thanks.

Hello,

Run the O&O program, reset all the options to their original default settings, then uninstall it.

Run the WinAero program, reset all the options to their original default settings, then uninstall it.

You should now be able to update to the latest version of Windows 10.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

21 hours ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello Daedroth!

Well... is there an easy way to "Upgrade" to the Latest version of Win 10?

I have both - "O & O Shutup" & "Winaero Tweaker" by my side & use these generously to apply --"All Settings" (including - Disable Windows Update) .

Make me time & agony Independent & suggest some 'Blitzkrieg' method to Upgrade to the Latest version on Win 10.

Thanks. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, goretsky said:

#snip#

Unfortunately, I do believe you're wasting your time trying to help this one.

He's asked for various help in other threads, only to re affirm his beliefs and casually disregard any one who is prepared to to tell him different.

In his own post he's mentioned he's used both O&O, and Winaero Tweaker, to blanket set 'All Settings' without even a casual thought to what he's doing.

Personal opinion....

I've come to the conclusion that this person think's he's a know it all, who only wants to do things his way, and to hell with everyone else, then come asking why his way didn't work.

Enough folks have expressed my feelings on this post, hence, there is no reason for me to say all the silly thing I am thinking at this moment other then this indivial needs to take a class, or three, in Computer Science. . .:)

• Like 2

What's being described here isn't a bug, even if the behaviour is changed in the newest updates of 10.

How about the very REAL bug on this VPN screen. One that is painfully haunting me since for a good while now:

1. Have a VPN config set up
  2. Click the network icon down by the clock
  3. Click on the VPN connection you want to connect to
  4. The Settings app now opens and goes to the VPN network screen.
  5. Click on the VPN connection you want to connect to (yes, again, but this time in the settings app)
  6. Click Conncet
  7. Leave the Settings app open, cause you're a lazy guy. Go ahead and forget that it is now open 
  8. ... Some time passes
  9. Click on the network icon down by the clock
  10. Click on the VPN connection you now want to disconnect
  11. Windows switches to the already open Settings app, and even highlights the VPN connection for you.
  12. The button to Disconnect from the VPN is now gone. You cannot disconnect from the VPN
  13. The only work around is to change screens in the Settings app, or to close and reopen it completely. Only then can you click on the VPN connection and disconnect.

Once you've experienced this frustration of a simple GUI glitch that has taken more than one year to fix, then we can discuss what is more important to get fixed. 

On the bright side, it seems your "bug" have been fixed if you install the latest patches. I still have to remember to close my settings app every time after I connected to VPN.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:39 AM, Nefarious Trigger said:

Once again, this chap uses these tweaking tools on old builds and changes setting that he doesn't even need (or understand).

People really should just stop replying.  Andrea Borman v2!

I miss Andrea Borman. She was entertaining. Her and her Email Clints.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:49 AM, Daedroth said:

I checked on my own workstation as I do not have a VPN. I turned the setting off, rebooted and the setting remained off. So it's either the version of Windows 10 the OP is using, or some crap software they have installed.

The same happened with me. The settings remained off after I rebooted.

32 minutes ago, tompkin said:

The same happened with me. The settings remained off after I rebooted.

Here too. If I turn VPN settings OFF, they remain OFF. If I turn VPN settings ON, they remain ON.

And I find the idea that Microsoft is "spying" on me patently ludicrous! 

• Like 2

Do not use these so called anti spying tools. Microsoft only uses data to make their OS better much the same way Google and Firefox do. The tweaks in Winareo are fine but if I were you I would upgrade to build 14393.576. I do not have such issues. There have been many improvements since your build was released.

• Like 2