Carrie Fisher dead at 60

From her memoir 

What you'll have of me after I journey to that great Death Star in the sky is an extremely accomplished daughter, a few books, and a picture of a stern-looking girl wearing some kind of metal bikini lounging on a giant drooling squid, behind a newscaster informing you of the passing of Princess Leia after a long battle with her head.

• Like 2

Rest in Peace, Ms. Fisher.  Thank you for inspiring me during a dark time in my life.   

"I am mentally ill. I can say that. I am not ashamed of that. I survived that, I'm still surviving it, but bring it on. Better me than you."

- Carrie Fisher

And as for 2016   <middle finger>    :angry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

Capture.JPG

Episode VIII was already shot supposedly.

It was...filming  finished in July.  Of course they'll probably have to adjust the film a bit to "send her out" in a dignified way... if they hadn't already in 8. 

Sad either way...2016 has been hard on celebrities especially Star Wars (Carrie is the fourth) 

3 hours ago, George P said:

Since filming is already done for episode 8 then they don't have to do any CGI stuff unless it's some needed reshoots but I haven't heard anything about them doing any at this point in time. 

It still messes things up for what they can do afterwards. 

Unless Leia's character dies in 8.

55 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

They need to put her in the next Star Wars movie as one of the Force's figures.

Dang. That sucks. I've lost another childhood memory. I grew up watching Star Wars, almost daily.

true. I must agree with you 1,000%

Just now, TechJunkie81 said:

Unless Leia's character dies in 8.

Fisher finished filming 8 this past July

Carrie Fisher's mom, the lovely Debbie Reynolds (Singin' in the Rain, Unsinkable Molly Brown, Broadway entertainer, etc.) , has been hospitalized and Todd Fisher says that she "is not OK."  Reported as a possible stroke.

Source 1

Source 2

Poor family. :(

21 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Carrie Fisher's mom, the lovely Debbie Reynolds (Singin' in the Rain, Unsinkable Molly Brown, Broadway entertainer, etc.) , has been hospitalized and Todd Fisher says that she "is not OK."  Reported as a possible stroke.

Source 1

Source 2

Poor family. :(

Good friggin' grief!! :(:(

Losing Carrie hit her so hard she had a stroke and at her age that's something that is very hard to survive, grief is a powerful thing, this isn't the first time you hear about loved ones passing shortly after one another, mostly is a wife dying after their husband etc, but same applies here you could say.