C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.thumb.jpg.608775974f47a0c5a8e300cea89fe2f6.jpg

Officially announced yesterday on Bungie's Twitter account.

bungie.thumb.png.b1cf4d5edff6f9e7354e0528eccdeb9e.png

After the poster leaks last week from an Italian site, it is looking like the game is being released on September 8th - Beta expected in June. No official confirmation of a PC release, other than some Gamestop sites listing it.

I am personally hyped for it - i've put in over 1500 hours into it and whilst we all had ups and downs, I made many friends during my time :)

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

Already posted on the front page.

I'll just modify the title of the thread and then this can be a thread for all things relating to Destiny 2. (Y)

Doh - never checked the front page - just went in, checked here :D

Thanks, as usual Nick :D

For me, the most anticipating game of the year, not because I think it will be the best game but I know if it's anything like the first I'll be playing that for years to come.

Looking forward to the beta whenever that might drop.

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

For me, the most anticipating game of the year, not because I think it will be the best game but I know if it's anything like the first I'll be playing that for years to come.

Exactly :D My wife will become a Destiny Widow again - "Babe, going to raid tonight. See you at 4am" :p

Many, many great memories - like when King's Fall dropped - we raided as soon as it came out - and did the 4am thing. Was awesome :)

Last night I went back on Destiny after a few months of not being on it... played a game of Mayhem Clash and absolutely destroyed people lol I never do well in PvP :p

Really need to work on my characters - Hunter 391, Warlock 287, Titan 289. 

And today's patch.... omg Crota and VoG updated!!! :D:D:D I've not done either in well over 18 months lol

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I know the first changed a lot of after the last expansion/update...did you find you were a big player from day one or after Bungie introduced a load of changes?

Also what would you like to see changed? (just a general question)

I played the beta a lot, but found that I could never get into it much, but at the same time I find myself with less and less time to play games :( so it means I prefer games that I can pick up and play for short bursts.

We'll deffo have a Cabal raid. Had a buddy who was a tester (or so he says) since the Marathon days... he's closed tested a lot of Bungie's games. Everything he told us came true, and a year or so ago he was testing the Cabal raid (but it was meant to be in D1) - I am assuming it was changed to D2 now. As I said, people online - I take what they say with a pinch of salt, but he was telling us about PoE before it was announced so no reason to doubt him :)

1 minute ago, WildWayz said:

Exactly :D My wife will become a Destiny Widow again - "Babe, going to raid tonight. See you at 4am" :p

Many, many great memories - like when King's Fall dropped - we raided as soon as it came out - and did the 4am thing. Was awesome :)

Last night I went back on Destiny after a few months of not being on it... played a game of Mayhem Clash and absolutely destroyed people lol I never do well in PvP :p

Really need to work on my characters - Hunter 391, Warlock 287, Titan 289. 

And today's patch.... omg Crota and VoG updated!!! :D:D:D I've not done either in well over 18 months lol

I've never enjoyed PvP so don't really get into that much, the only time I ever do it is Iron Banner.

Titan 399, Warlock 396 and Hunter 397

Yep, already got the raid team together for Wed Night to run Crota again. We did do the old raids every so often but it's not the same when you can run through them with ease.

1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

I know the first changed a lot of after the last expansion/update...did you find you were a big player from day one or after Bungie introduced a load of changes?

Also what would you like to see changed? (just a general question)

I played the beta a lot, but found that I could never get into it much, but at the same time I find myself with less and less time to play games :( so it means I prefer games that I can pick up and play for short bursts.

I played off and on throughout the vanilla game, I tried to get into Raids but I struggled to understand what was going on so never felt like I was contributing. I didn't get properly hooked until Crota, blitzed the story and we had a good team together two tackled and worked out the raid as a team so I finally started to understand how it worked, same with Kings Fall. No Guides, no outside help just figuring it out and then looking online for stuff that would help make stuff easier.

The rise of Iron was probably for me the worst of the DLC, the story just felt short compared to the Massive TTK and I really didn't enjoy the raid. It felt a little half-hearted.

I'm not sure what I would change, I loved the infusing side of things once it was brought in but looking back I prefer the idea that a gun drops at it's maxed level for that event. I was happy grinding for Shards and spirit bloom etc, this whole it might be higher, it might not be is frustrating. In the past when I finished a hard raid I had the top level stuff regardless of what I was.

My biggest problem has always been time, but that's why we had (where possible) a dedicated Raid night where we all tried to get together and tackle the latest raid. I think this is the type of game that unless you can regularly get a group of 6 people together for a good few hours then it won't be for you.

• Like 1

The rumour going around is that this time it really will be Open World... if that is the case, then it will feel so much different from the 1st one. 

I deffo agree about the regular raid group. One of the reasons I slowed down on my playing, was the clan I was in had 1 loud mouth moron (he would rub people up the wrong way) who would always go mental if you cocked up, but if he did it was the game - you know the type.

We'd play days leading up to a new raid who would be doing it - then right at the last minute he'd boot you and get one of his other buddies in. 

The clan I am in at the moment is made up of people from the UK and they play for fun - great guys - but alas, joined them a bit late so I never really played many games with them. 

Back in the day of VoG and Crota - made a good friend from the US who was in the army - those late night drunken raids (he was drunk lol) were brilliant. He shepherded me through them when other people wouldn't. Awesome times.

5 hours ago, Skiver said:

My biggest problem has always been time, but that's why we had (where possible) a dedicated Raid night where we all tried to get together and tackle the latest raid. I think this is the type of game that unless you can regularly get a group of 6 people together for a good few hours then it won't be for you.

Yeah and it sucks. I wish I had that group of online friends for playing games like The Division or Wildlands. Work is so erratic atm the moment it's difficult to get that regular time. 

5 hours ago, WildWayz said:

The rumour going around is that this time it really will be Open World... if that is the case, then it will feel so much different from the 1st one. 

I deffo agree about the regular raid group. One of the reasons I slowed down on my playing, was the clan I was in had 1 loud mouth moron (he would rub people up the wrong way) who would always go mental if you cocked up, but if he did it was the game - you know the type.

We'd play days leading up to a new raid who would be doing it - then right at the last minute he'd boot you and get one of his other buddies in. 

The clan I am in at the moment is made up of people from the UK and they play for fun - great guys - but alas, joined them a bit late so I never really played many games with them. 

Back in the day of VoG and Crota - made a good friend from the US who was in the army - those late night drunken raids (he was drunk lol) were brilliant. He shepherded me through them when other people wouldn't. Awesome times.

Yeah, I'd heard that they were aiming for more open world with "more going on" within those places. I think they were even going as far as planning social spaces like the tower could sort of be walked into from the patrol style areas but don't quote me on that.

I'm all up for that as long as they keep it busy, like we had the events when CE dropped with the darkness gathering or what have you, the wolves howling for House of Wolves and the Taken corruptions etc. I'd like to see those sorts of things happen but not just until the next DLC comes along. Mix up the public events with these and constantly evolve stuff.

We still have someone a bit lke that, he didn't used to be at first but it was like all of a sudden he switched but I'm hoping he'll be a bit better as we've not raided for a while.

39 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah and it sucks. I wish I had that group of online friends for playing games like The Division or Wildlands. Work is so erratic atm the moment it's difficult to get that regular time. 

If I'm honest, Wildlands I actually enjoy playing solo most of the time. Some people have different play styles to me.

It's up on PSN for pre-order - check your local PSN store - but it is approx £55 for base, £80 for base+1st 2 expansions or £90 for Digital Deluxe which includes an emote, sword and another item.

Your local shop may have special offers too, like Game are giving away a Cayde-6 figurine with limited edition and above.

7 minutes ago, LOC said:

So yeah, officially coming to PC. You can pre-order it straight from the Bungie Destiny site. Yay?

For me, in the UK it is greyed out to order it. Game, however, have it up for pre-order on all platforms - and WOW PC pricing is pretty much the same as the console pricing!

Maybe we'll get Xbox Play Anywhere with it...oh no wait, Activation, we'll have to buy it all twice, then again for Scorpio... :angry:

7 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Maybe we'll get Xbox Play Anywhere with it...oh no wait, Activation, we'll have to buy it all twice, then again for Scorpio... :angry:

Activision you mean?  I don't think they can do that at all between Xbox One and Scorpio, but I hear ya on Play Anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Saw the gameplay trailer and still didn't feel "wow" about it. It felt like some of the gameplay was sped up a bit and the real game will have the players moving slower then what I saw.  I might try the beta (Amazon preorder, get the code then cancel preorder like I did with SF5) to see if I want to get it.

PC version will be on Blizzard's Battle.net and not Steam. The first 3rd party game on Battle.net

Wait, what? Its going to be on Blizzard's app? Ugh. I guess that makes sense since its Activision and all, but UGH. I was really hoping it'd be on Steam. Though, I guess that also doesn't stop it from still being on Steam lol

21 minutes ago, LOC said:

Wait, what? Its going to be on Blizzard's app? Ugh. I guess that makes sense since its Activision and all, but UGH. I was really hoping it'd be on Steam. Though, I guess that also doesn't stop it from still being on Steam lol

They want to use the social stuff in Battle.net like Friends list for setting up Fireteams so that could be a problem if they use Steam and Battle.net.