3 hours ago, spacer said:

Welp, Bungie mentioned in an interview that their Guided Games feature of Destiny 2 won't work for heroic nightfalls or heroic raids. So I guess no Destiny 2 for me. What a bunch of morons. This decision is just has stupid as having no matchmaking at all in Destiny 1.

Use it to find players on normal raid or other actives and if you click with them friend them and go into heroic raids. I would not want to jump into match making on heroic raids because if its anything like the first Destiny you have checkpoints and matchmaking based on light level and where they are in the raid just looks like too much work for Bungie and time a player has to wait to join a team or wait for a backfill player(s) because of rage quitter(s).

Starting off on a raid will have the best chance of getting on team and even better on the weekly reset day, after that your wait time is just going to go up. Guided Games and outside services like LFG looks like the best solutions.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Don't suppose anyone has a beta code they aren't planning on using? :)

Pre-order on Amazon - get the code - cancel. :)

Just now, WildWayz said:

Pre-order on Amazon - get the code - cancel. :)

I know I know, I've been told to do this on Amazon and Xbox but I'm so skint at the moment I just don't want to risk them taking the money atm :(

I know from everyone who has done this it won't but I'm paranoid for some reason I'll be the exception to the rule so just playing it safe.

Just now, Skiver said:

I know I know, I've been told to do this on Amazon and Xbox but I'm so skint at the moment I just don't want to risk them taking the money atm :(

I know from everyone who has done this it won't but I'm paranoid for some reason I'll be the exception to the rule so just playing it safe.

Hold on - will do it for you - wait, which platform?

I love it when the community comes together. <3

I did the same just to try it out again. Registered the code via Bungie, now to just sit and wait 

4 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

Just sent Skiver an Xbox One code :p

Yep can confirm, all working :D

Cheers dude, I know I'm just being paranoid here :p

Oh hey that's today isn't it?  I could buy for any of the three platforms but decided on focusing on the X1 for now, since the X1X is coming.

I'll see you peoples in there.  (Or probably not, since I don't exactly make friends.  But I could!)

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say the X1 version looked a lot better than I expected it to, given the first game looked notably worse in some areas on the X1.

I guess we'll still have to see how the rest of the game compares but good to see nonetheless.

Fingers crossed, it'll be a success!

I know Bungie have addressed some of the big concerns brought up in the beta, so we shouldn't worry. Kinda hoping the PC beta will be updated to reflect some of the new changes.... 

I should've bought on PC instead.  Bleh.  But the people I play with are on Xbox.  The people I'd like to play with are on PC, but they've shown no interest in it so screw em.

Just now, dwLostCat said:

I should've bought on PC instead.  Bleh.  But the people I play with are on Xbox.  The people I'd like to play with are on PC, but they've shown no interest in it so screw em.

Unless you can find new people to play on PC, you've made the right choice. Destiny is only fun socially IMO so you need those people to play with.

• 4 weeks later...

So... what are you initial views on the PC Beta?

I upgraded my card from a 1070 to a 1080 Ti and it is a constant 60fps @ 4K... maximum settings! Looks gorgeous.

It's been so long since i've played an FPS with a keyboard and mouse, as I am a couch gamer these days and my PC is hooked up to my 4K TV.

I tried with an Xbox One S controller - wired to the PC. Even on max sensitivity, it felt laggy... or slow to respond. Weird - not like this on Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Far Cry 4 etc

What are your thoughts?

10 hours ago, WildWayz said:

So... what are you initial views on the PC Beta?

I upgraded my card from a 1070 to a 1080 Ti and it is a constant 60fps @ 4K... maximum settings! Looks gorgeous.

It's been so long since i've played an FPS with a keyboard and mouse, as I am a couch gamer these days and my PC is hooked up to my 4K TV.

I tried with an Xbox One S controller - wired to the PC. Even on max sensitivity, it felt laggy... or slow to respond. Weird - not like this on Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Far Cry 4 etc

What are your thoughts?

G3258 and GTX1050Ti here - and it's overdriven (DSR in full effect) - and no - I did NOT set it up that way.  Keyboard and mouse (not a controller).  Homecoming is a GPB with a Titan (default character) - I apparently have been Way too Absent from playing shooters.  Be warned - Titans are FEMALE (not male).  The even bigger surprise is that DESPITE the stated minimum being a quad-core, the G3258 does just fine.

On 29/08/2017 at 8:08 PM, PGHammer said:

Be warned - Titans are FEMALE (not male).  The even bigger surprise is that DESPITE the stated minimum being a quad-core, the G3258 does just fine.

There will be a choice when the game is out just like there is in D1. I haven't read that anything in this area will greatly change but you will get to choose between 3 races (Exo, Human and Awoken) and all will come in a choice of Male or Female. These choices are all irrelevant to Class (Titan, Hunter and Warlock).

Secondly, why be warned? It's nothing more than a cosmetic difference, why does that matter?

On 8/29/2017 at 0:08 PM, PGHammer said:

G3258 and GTX1050Ti here - and it's overdriven (DSR in full effect) - and no - I did NOT set it up that way.  Keyboard and mouse (not a controller).  Homecoming is a GPB with a Titan (default character) - I apparently have been Way too Absent from playing shooters.  Be warned - Titans are FEMALE (not male).  The even bigger surprise is that DESPITE the stated minimum being a quad-core, the G3258 does just fine.

Define "fine".

Watching streamers with much stronger cards (1080 non ti version) pull anywhere from 60 to 90 fps on a mix of low and medium settings.

At any rate I'm undecided on if I want to commit to this game. The only part that really interests me is the raids but none of my friends are interested in playing. Not sure how pugging is going to work in this game.

51 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Not sure how pugging is going to work in this game.

No idea on raids, but it generally works fine elsewise.  There are powered up versions of strikes in 1 that are harder to do with randoms, but not too bad.  (Personally, I hated the raids in 1 so I don't plan to do them in 2 either.)

6 hours ago, Skiver said:

Secondly, why be warned? It's nothing more than a cosmetic difference, why does that matter?

Well, it did at least surprise me the first time I played the beta.  But it wasn't a big deal.

I've been playing the PC open beta the past couple days and love it. It's the most incredible looking game I've ever seen. I couldn't even play it on high settings on my 1080 at 4K but even on medium it was stunning,

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Define "fine".

Watching streamers with much stronger cards (1080 non ti version) pull anywhere from 60 to 90 fps on a mix of low and medium settings.

At any rate I'm undecided on if I want to commit to this game. The only part that really interests me is the raids but none of my friends are interested in playing. Not sure how pugging is going to work in this game.

Judging performance by high-end setups is one thing; however, of what good is it for the gamer on the other (low) end?  My point is that I'm actually lower than what the developer defines as the low end - and 1080p@30fps is rock-solid.  Basically, for all the talk of 4K (and other high-end features) 1080p in this game is nothing to sneeze at - and it doesn't require that you spend a mint to get there - that is my point.

8 hours ago, Skiver said:

There will be a choice when the game is out just like there is in D1. I haven't read that anything in this area will greatly change but you will get to choose between 3 races (Exo, Human and Awoken) and all will come in a choice of Male or Female. These choices are all irrelevant to Class (Titan, Hunter and Warlock).

Some players use MMOs to seek virtual dates - THAT is why I figured to give the newbies (to MMOs) a heads-up on this.

13 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Judging performance by high-end setups is one thing; however, of what good is it for the gamer on the other (low) end?  My point is that I'm actually lower than what the developer defines as the low end - and 1080p@30fps is rock-solid.  Basically, for all the talk of 4K (and other high-end features) 1080p in this game is nothing to sneeze at - and it doesn't require that you spend a mint to get there - that is my point.

I guess if you're okay with playing at 30 fps.

Looks like the open beta is over? I went to play last night and it said something about needing a decryption key to play. Anyone know if there is a continuing beta or keys being given away anywhere?

1 minute ago, patseguin said:

Looks like the open beta is over? I went to play last night and it said something about needing a decryption key to play. Anyone know if there is a continuing beta or keys being given away anywhere?

Nope - that was it - Beta is over - roll on October 24th :D