Urgent help Needed with PS2 Network Adapter!

Here's the problem.

My PS2 network adapter won't dial the number I provide. I have a dial-up connection, and I started creating the connection with the network adapter's CD, and just in it's final fase, when it only has to dial; it doesn't do anything.

Please somebody help me, since this modem is new.

PS2?? You mean like the think that a mouse connects to? Or are you talking about the thing you buy for a playstation 2 that lets you connect to the internet?? I'm going to assume that, since as far as I know, you can't use the PS2 connector on your PC for networking.....

but your problem is too vague, what do you do prior to it not working?? You might have entered some data wrong. Have you checked to see if the phone line is attached to it? Have you tried a phone on the same line to make sure it works? (I had the same problem with my Dreamcast)....

PS2?? You mean like the think that a mouse connects to? Or are you talking about the thing you buy for a playstation 2 that lets you connect to the internet?? I'm going to assume that, since as far as I know, you can't use the PS2 connector on your PC for networking.....

:huh: ....

do you hear a dial tone or anything? make sure it's set to tone dial and not pulse, unless your phone company uses pulse :blink: i don't know what else to suggest because i don't have the ps2 network adapter and i haven't used dial up modems in several years :laugh:

yep ps2 network adapter is a broadband only thing playing games on a dial up is impossible slow even if its possible. the u.k spec has an rj45 to connect upto your home network.

Ummmmmmmm...

1) the PS2 networking kit is NOT a modem its a NIC basically...

2) its IMPOSSIBLE they give you a number to dial as it does not need to dial anumber...

3) STOP BEING A RETARD ;)

4) RTFM!!!

I own a ps2 network adapter and mine has a phone jack on it for a phone line to be hooked up to it, but I doubt u'd have any fun at all using dial-up cause I think all of the ps2 games require broadband to run smoothly online, sry

WRONG.

THE PS2 IS NOT BROADBAND ONLY.

I have an rj11 as well as an rj45 on my ps2 network adapter.

As far as your problem, make sure your phone line is working by plugging a phone into it.

WRONG.

THE PS2 IS NOT BROADBAND ONLY.

I have an rj11 as well as an rj45 on my ps2 network adapter.

As far as your problem, make sure your phone line is working by plugging a phone into it.

Sorry, didnt know that :/

you just have to be sometimes...im sorry :)

No problem, I guess I'll just have to change it. At least it won't be as pricy as the last time ;)

.....10 bucks

Get broadband and you won't have to worry about it.

People who use 56k on PS2 online games just end up lagging out half way through the game/race/whatever.

I've never played a full game of Madden '04 against someone with 56k. But on broadband, it's 100% lag free.