'Deodorant Challenge' leaves teen with second-degree burns

1 minute ago, shockz said:

Surprise: Kids still get spanked. Just not at walmart/public. Which is probably a good thing, the last thing I need to see or hear is a kid getting spanked and then screaming their head off at the store. Your broad stereotypes of parents now is making you look silly.

Calling me silly because my opinion and what I see and experience is different than you?  Ok then.  ?

3 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Calling me silly because my opinion and what I see and experience is different than you?  Ok then.  ?

Yep. Because your ridiculous amplification of a few deadbeat parents some how equates to "parents do not want to take that time and effort anymore". No. Deadbeats have always been a problem. This isn't a new thing, and most parents out there take an entirely proactive and serious interest/effort in the well being of their kids. 

4 minutes ago, shockz said:

Yep. Because your ridiculous amplification of a few deadbeat parents some how equates to "parents do not want to take that time and effort anymore". No. Deadbeats have always been a problem This isn't a new thing, and most parents out there take an entirely proactive and serious interest/effort in the well being of their kids. 

We disagree on the point here, period.   If you want to call my comments silly and ridiculous, then you will be talking to yourself here going forward.   I don't agree with some of your points but I respect your points and I keep the silly/ridiculous comments out of it. 

3 minutes ago, techbeck said:

We disagree on the point here, period.   If you want to call my comments silly and ridiculous, then you will be talking to yourself here going forward.   I don't agree with some of your points but I respect your points and I keep the silly/ridiculous comments out of it. 

Okay. Your safe space is over there. Bye (Y) Watch out for the anarchy of unsupervised kids on your way to it.

Just now, techbeck said:

I like my computers and video games. I’m also a dad. Does that mean I don’t care to take the time and parent my child?

9 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

i'm not saying the act in itself is new, more that cops are siding with the kids instead of believing the parents more and more

Its the believing the false claims and acting on them that I have a problem with and is more prevalent now

Agreed.  But cops are going to way of parents/kids as well.   People in general seem to be getting lazier and lazier or not caring about their jobs or what really matters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I like my computers and video games. I’m also a dad. Does that mean I don’t care to take the time and parent my child?

If you parent and watch your kids, great.  But I was talking about the parents who use these things as a way to watch their kids for them.  And there are more and more of these kind of parents.   Parents are getting to busy with their own lives.

I played games growing up and watched TV as well.  But my parents also made me socialize and do many other things.  

Edit:   I will start saying SOME PARENTS instead of just parents as people like to assume I mean every parent out there.  If I mean everyone, I will say so specifically. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, techbeck said:

If you parent and watch your kids, great.  But I was talking about the parents who use these things as a way to watch their kids for them.  And there are more and more of these kind of parents.   Parents are getting to busy with their own lives.

I played games growing up and watched TV as well.  But my parents also made me socialize and do many other things.  

Edit:   I will start saying SOME PARENTS instead of just parents as people like to assume I mean every parent out there.  If I mean everyone, I will say so specifically. 

You did say so specifically lol. 

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

You did say so specifically lol. 

No, I never said ALL.  I generalized and then clarified that I will say some going forward at others would not assume I mean all. 

1 hour ago, Joe User said:

You're acting out a stereotype that goes back to ancient Greece.

Yes but back then you could at least spank your kids without going to jail.

3 hours ago, tsupersonic said:

As a millenial I have to say, WTF is it with this generation of kids and their stupid challenges? 

It is unfortunate they lump all millenials into the same group. I am considered a millenial as I was born in 89.. we did dumb ###### but nothing like this.. kids these days are just plain retarded.

1 hour ago, shockz said:

Yep. Because your ridiculous amplification of a few deadbeat parents some how equates to "parents do not want to take that time and effort anymore". No. Deadbeats have always been a problem. This isn't a new thing, and most parents out there take an entirely proactive and serious interest/effort in the well being of their kids. 

As a parent.. I see regularly kids that are left to roam wild and do as they please. I hear stories from my kids about other kids at their schools.  Parenting has definitely changed since I was a child. I would spank my son and get yelled at by his mother for doing it.

I've talked to other parents and been called cruel, or a hard parent just because I enforce ground rules and have behavioral expectations.

5 hours ago, firey said:

It is unfortunate they lump all millenials into the same group. I am considered a millenial as I was born in 89.. we did dumb ###### but nothing like this.. kids these days are just plain retarded.

Exactly!! Which is why I personally call it Generation Y2K.

5 hours ago, warwagon said:

Yes but back then you could at least spank your kids without going to jail.

Ask Socrates about punishments in ancient  Greece.

Fortunately we don't poison people for heresy anymore.

And we don't batter our own children anymore either. So I say we're on the right track.

1 minute ago, Joe User said:

And we don't batter our own children anymore either. So I say we're on the right track.

No, we really really are not. They need a good swat on the ass. As a child I needed just one and they never had to do it again.

34 minutes ago, Joe User said:

Ask Socrates about punishments in ancient  Greece.

Fortunately we don't poison people for heresy anymore.

Do you have children? Are they unruly brats? You seem to not differentiate between educational punishment and abuse. 

28 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Do you have children? Are they unruly brats? You seem to not differentiate between educational punishment and abuse. 

A prime example. Of a woman afraid to discipline her child because she might go to jail (Dragging it out of the store might have at least been something), and look what she produced.

*WARNING* CONTAINS THE F WORD *WARNING*

34 minutes ago, warwagon said:

A prime example. Of a woman afraid to discipline her child because she might go to jail (Dragging it out of the store might have at least been something), and look what she produced.

Would have been spanked and drug out of the store by my arm.  And that actually happened a couple times.   Never swore, but had a couple tantrums.   And nice handcuffs/leash lady.

Edited by techbeck

33 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Yup. I disciplined my child with my hand as needed when she was younger. Turns out that when you teach them right from wrong and what consequences are, they tend to grow up and be pretty awesome people. Haven’t had to spank or even ground my daughter in almost 8 years. 

Yeah, I really don't know what the deal is with all these idiotic "challenges". No one I knew ever did stuff like this back when I was a kid. I mean we did dumb things sometimes of course, but we didn't intentionally injure ourselves or risk our lives just for attention or for Youtube views.

58 minutes ago, warwagon said:

To quote Ned Flanders' parents: "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Yes. No. Physical punishment isn't educational or effective outside of some limited scenarios. 

5 minutes ago, NJL said:

I've asked around my friends across the UK with kids, this IS NOT a latest fad crossing the nation, it's a few kids being idiots.

Let's hope so, or we are truly screwed!

10 hours ago, warwagon said:

Exactly!! Which is why I personally call it Generation Y2K.

15 hours ago, firey said:

There's definitely a divide in the millennial group. Those born before 1990 and those after....not to say it's a hard line but you can definitely see the difference.  

5 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Those born before 1990 and those after....not to say it's a hard line but you can definitely see the difference.  

Or as I like to say "Those born before Mortal Kombat was released and those born after"

• Like 2