Asus G11CD-K Newer Bios Posted--But Issue

Hello All

I have a Asus G11CD-K desktop,  2 New bioses posted this week,  the first one installed perfectly fine,  the second one posted on 7/23/2018,  Will not even see the file on the flash drive,  contacted Asus support, they replied with try a bios reset, via shutting system fully down, entering uefi bios, loading optimized defaults and try again, but still can't see the file.     Guess i'll just skip this one lol

Bios updates.jpg

doesn't Asus have a way to update the BIOS through windows? I'm sure i've done it on my board before

Well if it does, I don't have that software installed lol, but I guess I could install it and attempt that way if wanted to,   I think would be Asus Live Update software possibly that maybe could do that

Well Tried with Winflash,  Even Winflash doesn't see the 7/23/2018 one,  Just shows current bios 0807 one.   So Guess not gonna worry on the 7/23/2018 one, and just will check sometime in August possibly again at this point

Gonna Reply to Asus support email with this picture lol

From Web Didn't see it,  Then Tried from File on Device method, then got Bios File not valid, so yup stays at 0807 and checks again closer to Redstone 5 release, and not gonna worry on 7/23/2018 update now lol

Bios update pic 2.jpg

Edited by bikeman25

And Now Asus can fix it, Pull that version from site, or whatever they decide to do lol,  But no wonder the file on flash drive wasn't seen.  Meanwhile relaxes now lol

Update: Well Dumb Asus Replied, but instead suggested RMA of the Desktop G11CD-K, Umm the Machines fine, it's your stupid bios updated for 07/23/2018 LOL,   Not RMAing, machines fine,  it updated fine to 0807 bios version,  just won't to 07/23/2018 one lol,    Too funny

Why did you need to update the BIOS anyway? Just wondering.

As I only update BIOS if there is a feature I need. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Well Thought about updating it since I usually do when one is released, force of habit I guess,  plus figured might fix Spectre issues, all it ever says on the site improves System stability lol, so I never really know what it fixes per say lol

But Stays at 0807 for a long time now,  system running perfectly fine otherwise