Spam received through the messenger function

Attached a screenshot in case the mods/admins can't see private messages.

User profile link: snip

Thanks for your help! :)

1.PNG

Thanks for reporting that. Looks like another mod took care of the user. 

Anything else like this please PM a mod 

• Like 3

hello

I banned the bot when I saw your report on the message. Even PMs we will see if the item is reported :)

thank you for reporting the bot; it's always appreciated as the system can't catch everything :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As Brandon H mentioned, Mods can't see PMs unless you've reported it. Please report and we'll ban those pesky spammers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

As Brandon H mentioned, Mods can't see PMs unless you've reported it. Please report and we'll ban those pesky spammers!

Yes, please do! (Y)

On 10/11/2018 at 9:13 AM, dipsylalapo said:

Even if we could, to go through every message posted on the forum to determine what is and isn't spam would be a team of peoples full time job.  All mods are voluntary (including myself) and we all have full time jobs.  Neowin doesn't pay us to do the moderation tasks.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts a minute and to go through each one and approve/deny/monitor would be a daunting task.  

We, the mod team, need the help of all forum members to be able to help us identify spammers so that we can do our job to remove them.  In the same aspect, we cannot be in all topics to determine who is breaking the rules, we need your help to identify those users too.  This is essentially your forum and we are here to help you.