Graphic Request Thread

Question

Graphic Request Thread

Some basic things to keep in mind

• Give a good detailed description of what you need
  • if it?s a big assignment, please leave it out of this thread and make contact with someone who is willing to create what you need
  • Don?t post comment?s ?it sucks, can?t you do better, you noob? noob?, it?s free. if you don?t like it don?t take it

Have fun

pGRT part 1GGRT part 2GRT part 2[/url]

gunit_new.jpg

I'm not sure why the black went grey. But I resized it from 3902x1077. Here's a zip that includes the illustrator .ai, illustrator .eps and photoshop .psd.

If you want anything changed let me know.

yea, should be in the ai and eps...even the psd. All of them should be 0,0,0 (RGB) for colour.

ok ;) once again.. thanx a lot! i've bean searching for this for a few weeks now :wacko:

Sorry i've taken so long boys and girls! Basically, for now, the site is just a little rant for myself although i might make it something useful after a while, perhaps a site for and about pupils in my school. Or a Rangers supporters site ;) Nice to see there are some Scottish football fans on Neowin, regardless of who they support :p So yeh, as for now the site is going to be a blog probably with a football twist

Request for something original, I have a Nokia 6600, which can use images as wallpapers like so many of the newer phones can.

So, I'd like some wallpapers, resolution 174 (w) x 143 (h).

I've cut and capped a few images myself but I'd really like to see what other people can do - nothing urgent about this request, just if you fancy I'd be grateful. Content can be whatever you want, preferably to include my username here (forster)

My current wp:

A7D_asdf.jpg

A firefox one would be great, as you can tell, the above is hardly awe inspiring.

I will have to do the other one some other time, struggling with it at the moment. Give me some time on the other one.

JMann

No problems, as I said - no rush :)

DC: posted the skeleton I told you about. tekngn.net

Ok, here's my take on it. I've incorporated some grey ;)

If you like, let me know and I'll slice it up if needed :)

~Peace

DC

post-31-1077043935.jpg

Oh yeah dude, that looks sweet. Good job!

I don't know if this is possible based on the way you did it. When you slice it up, can you make it so that I could use photoshop to edit the button names? Also would it be easy to add other buttons? Mainly because I am still not sure what is going to be on it, and I will probably have to change the names and/or change the buttons available. I wouldn't want to keep bugging you to change the wording or layout.

Essentially, would it be possible to make it dynamic in that sense? A Challenge!! :)

Nice Dreamcaster, Chorpeac I will answer your questions.

When you slice it up, can you make it so that I could use photoshop to edit the button names?
Yes, for this you need to things, the PSD and the Font that Dreamcaster used for the buttons. All you have to do is select the appropriate 'text layer' and then use the text tool to edit the text, just move the cursor over the text until the dotted edged box disappears and then click and edit the text.
Also would it be easy to add other buttons?

This is a little harder to do than the other one, of replacing the text. But is most definately possible, I dont know what the layers are on the PSD but one of the many ways you can do is by duplicating the layers and aligning them with the movement tool so that they are straight with one and other, (use the grid for accurate alignment) and move all the layers. From what I can see, I am guessing that for each button there are two layer items, one for the rectangular button and one for the text which appears on the button. So you duplicate each layer once and then move the shape into the right place then align corespondingly. I find it neater and easier to add all the layers into the own folders then it is an easy way of 'basic' merging. That might be an idea if you find it difficuilt with all of the layers.

If you need a hand with any modifications or graphics Chorpeac, give me a shout and I will be happy to help you. As always. Sorry about the buttons though as I have never really being able to 'grasp' the concept of what you wanted but it looks like Dreamcaster has furfilled your request. Hope that helps somewhat, if not give me a shout.

JMann

This particular layout doesn't really allow for text mods because each button is a custom width to fit the example text :( I could, however produce a standard width button that you could mod as need with whatever text you want (although I'd recommend a bitmap one like in the example).

Let me do some quick slicing and dicing here and I'll send it along ;)

Edit: ok here's a quick zip of the left and right caps, a blank button and the nav background. Also there's a .psd of the button with some example text in there. the font I used was 04b11 and you can find it here

~Peace

DC

nav.zip

Edited by DreamCaster

Awesome, thanks for the help Dreamcaster. I will plug this in tonight when I get home and see if it is going to work. I'll post results on here.