where can i get the wifi wire/antenna inside a laptop?

Hi guys, the cat toppled the laptop and the lid cracked and separated from the body of the laptop.  Luckily I was able to get everything back together, glued and re-rivited and its holding real strong... but in the chaos, the wifi antenna wire pulled...  you'd think that being that type of button clip or whatever it is, it would have simply unclipped. Nope, the stupid wire actually came out instead, leaving the button clip solid on the wifi card itself.

SOooooo.. here's the card I'm using   https://www.ebay.com/itm/915618-002-Hp-Wireless-Card-17-BS011DX/153184893643?hash=item23aa87facb:rk:1:pf:0

I tried going into another laptop I had, but the round connector on the wire was too big to fit on the connector on my current wifi card..  The one on this card is a bit smaller than I'm normally used to.  Know where I can find one that small?  Or should I simply buy a new card?  Know any cards this form factor that come with a wire?

Hello,

That looks like an M.2 2230 card with A- and E-keying, so I am guessing you are in need of a laptop Wi-Fi antenna with a U-FL connector on it.  You can find these on eBay for $5-10, but I would suggest checking with Hewlett-Packard's technical support to confirm this.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

HPs own listing is scary... 60 dollars for that wire ugh... I'll see the wire connector you suggested on eBay then.  As for usb, I use up all 3 ports for game and other dohicks :(

3 hours ago, Izlude said:

HPs own listing is scary... 60 dollars for that wire ugh... I'll see the wire connector you suggested on eBay then.  As for usb, I use up all 3 ports for game and other dohicks :(

take the part number from the hp site and search amazon for it.  I see that wires are about $20 bux.  Though you could probably get a better usb wireless card for less, something like this

as others have eluded to already, are there any open ports inside the laptop? sometimes there will be an unused WAN port into which another card can be inserted. or as Goretsky already posted, perhaps there's an unused M.2/U.2 slot...